Dry Food Storage?

Oscar (AmBull)

I bought a heavy weight plastic storage container at Bunnings that holds the largest size dry dog food (not sure what this is 18kilos??) It is quite narrow with a sloping front and fitted lid that is hinged-- hard to describe but works very well for me. The sloping front makes it easy to reach into and measure out kibble, by just opening the front half of the hinged lid, so you can store other things on top without needing to lift off the lid for access. Much more sturdy than the plastic storage from K mart etc. Cost about $25.

I must be ultra lazy - I just fold down the top and secure with pegs :laugh:

So do I with my big RCanin Bags :D Is it bad not to seal it?

Its not bad, but its easier for vermin to get into it. depending on what location you store it.

I used to do that too but now it goes into a mollassas bucket with lid.

Edited by GeckoTree

I have a Royal Canin bucket supplied by the rep. which just nicely holds a 15kg bag of Eukanuba :D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: It has a lovely hinged lid which keeps Max out and I think when he's fully grown it will be the right height to double as a stand for his dish :laugh:

I too use galv rubbish bins with lock down lids. Got them from Bunnings. I store all my dog food out in a stable (no horses only dogs) so I needed something that would keep the occasional vermin out. Mice chewed through the plastic one I had.

I have a Royal Canin bucket supplied by the rep. which just nicely holds a 15kg bag of Eukanuba :D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: It has a lovely hinged lid which keeps Max out and I think when he's fully grown it will be the right height to double as a stand for his dish :laugh:

Me too, we have two Royal Canin buckets that came free with the 15kg bag at one time or another. Keep an eye out where you buy your food, this was at Petbarn.