Rally-o

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:laugh: biker girl! Get your brain and feet ready for the new moves. So much to take in - but you and the girls will ace them.

Not sure about Sunday - I'll be away in Melbourne, so haven't paid much attention. But I don't think there is. There'll be training classes going on as well, and I think they thought it was all a bit too tricky to fit in.

Are they allowing mixed breed dogs in rally-o? Because I was going to do formal obedience with my poodle x until I realised that she's not allowed.

Mixed breeds are allowed but they must be desexed and associate registered. Just like formal obedience, both are run through ANKC, so will have the same eligability to compete.

fuzzy82, you need to check with Dogs Qld about registering your poodle x on the Associate Register - but the Queensland rules on that are different to the other states :) . In other States, as long as the mixed breed or non-reg pure is desexed, you can register them on the Associate Register - as many as you like.

But there's nothing stopping you from having heaps of fun training your dog anyway - and maybe there are some club trials you can go in.

My apologies for not posting sooner, but my flight was delayed 3.5 hours returning from Hobart so it made for a very late arrival back home, and with fighting left over cold and post surgery stuff, starting a new business and yes, even buying a car, I"m only now sitting down to post!!

I was thrilled with the turn out to the Tassie "Advanced/Excellant" workshop. Yup, we worked hard and it really showed. Drill work to get footplacement correct. Going over and over the stations to ensure that everyone learned to do them right the FIRST time...then we added the dogs....that created a whole new challenge!

We started about 9:30am and with just a half hour for lunch break, finished up about half four. Five course runs later, tired dogs and blisters on feet for some, I think we accomplished a lot!

In my opinion, Tassie is more than ready for this sport when it is official and will do this country proud when they start official trials. I have enjoyed watching the evolution of many of the participants over the past two years as they embrace and excell at this sport. WELL DONE!!

Redcliffe Dog Obedience club here in QLD held a Rally O comp yesterday and I competed with my 2 BC boys Chook and Styler

It was great fun just a simple novice course. It has been raining up here a lot so the ground was quite soggy which made is hard going.

It is quite difficult as you need to concentrate on the course and the cards so your mind is taken off your dog. You can and are encouraged to talk to your dog while competing.

It is going to be a great sport where you will need to tighen up your handling skills and the way your dog works around your body.

I managed to place 3rd with Chook and Styler would have recieved a quallie for both dogs if it was an official sport. Roll on Jan 2012 its going to be fun.

There are soooo many great dog sports out there now there is no reason people should not be competing in some kinda sport with there dogs. :thanks:

• 5 weeks later...

Southside Dog Obedience Club at Runcorn is holding a Rally O Ribbon Event on Sunday 15th May 2011 with 12 noon start. This will run along with the Obedience Trial which commences 10.00 am.

Come along and enjoy the FUN of Rally O

There's recently been some excellent entries, some in excess of 20, in Rally O Ribbon Events throughout Queensland with Cairns, Townsville, Hervey Bay, Toowoomba, Redlands and Gold Coast Clubs all running hugely successful days in conjunction with their Obedience Trials.

There's heaps more to come in Queensland so watch this space.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For anyone in the Bundaberg area, The Obedience Club of Bundaberg is running 2 Rally O Ribbon Events on Saturday 16th July 2011 commencing 2.00pm.

Register on the day to compete as there will be 2 RN Courses running side-by-side to ensure a Great Time will be had by all.

Had a HUGE field last Saturday for the Rally O Ribbon Event with both RN & RA being run.

Same weekend, Grafton in NSW had a highly successful Rally O Ribbon Event which was enjoyed by Club Members and visitors alike.

Would be good to see the final draft of the proposed ANKC Rules.

• 2 weeks later...

Loved the Rally Advanced Ribbon event at Southside Dog Obedience last month.

I found it to be a very challenging course but loved going through it with Xander.

Congratulations to Southside Dog Obedience for getting Rally O as much publicity as possible!!! :thumbsup:

~Gary~

Hi Gary

Thanks for the feedback and that you enjoyed the courses.

Southside will be holding Rally Novice & Rally Advanced Ribbon Events during the lunch break at the Double Header Trials 17th September both with Laura Knauth as Judge.

There will also be Rally O demonstrations during the lunch break at the Ekka in the Dog Pavilion which should generate a lot of interest. Think these will be on 2nd Tuesday & Thursday but best to check.

Brisbane Club and Redlands Club will be holding Rally O Ribbon Events at their respective Trials in October & November with the possibility that Metro & Sunshine Coast will do the same later in the year so it's full steam ahead.

Break a leg as they say in both the Rally O Ribbon Events & the Obedience Trials

John

Hi John,

Glad to hear that there will be Rally Novice & Advanced at the double header trials on the 17th September.

We have entered both trials so will definitely be doing both the rally events as well :)

Good to see other clubs also holding Rally Ribbon events in combination with their trials. It's the only way to get the exposure that Rally O needs. There are still a lot of people out there that don't know a lot about this great sport!!

We are going down to watch the obedience trials at the Ekka which I think is on the Saturday so unfortunately won't be able to get down to the Rally demonstration. Pity it wasn't on the same day as the obedience & agility trials.

See you at the next trial.

~Gary~

:thumbsup: Sounds like you guys are doing the same sort of thing as we've been doing down here - we do Mock Rally O at obedience trials (though those are a bit few and far between.)

We had 3 people in Advanced, and about 12 I think in Novice at the last trial here a couiple of weeks ago. I'm happy to say my boy passed his third Novice trial, so we're up in the big time now :D

We're enjoying our Rally O hugely - thanks Angelsun. :thumbsup: