Advert In Supermarket For Registered Pups

Sagittarian

Interesting - in the past a lot of people have been very anti the idea of breeders using papers or various online resources.

I suspect a lot of that is the sheep mentality.

Maybe in times past, it wasn't a good thing to do, but in this current climate the purebred needs to be out there as attainable, available, and a dog for the every day person.

When I have puppies looking for homes I personally advertise on a site called Trademe. It is full of byb and puppy farmers and I have to say I think my add stands out not only as quality puppies but also as a breeder who stands behind their puppies and makes the rest of them look bad. Most of my other fellow breeders wouldn’t dream of advertising there but I have had some wonderful homes from it. Things happen when you are breeding and quite often you will go from a list of buyers desperate for puppies to nobody by the time you have puppies to sell.

When I have puppies looking for homes I personally advertise on a site called Trademe. It is full of byb and puppy farmers and I have to say I think my add stands out not only as quality puppies but also as a breeder who stands behind their puppies and makes the rest of them look bad. Most of my other fellow breeders wouldn’t dream of advertising there but I have had some wonderful homes from it. Things happen when you are breeding and quite often you will go from a list of buyers desperate for puppies to nobody by the time you have puppies to sell.

A good example why I've seen well-crafted ads, like yours, also act as educational material for the pet buying public. And to do that, you have to go where the public goes.

I have used this method for advertising puppies and, as someone else said, it resulted in a few puppies being sold to locals, meaning I got to see the puppies occasionally after they left my home. I usually just had some photos, basic information and a contact phone number. I also had posters up in the Vet clinis which worked really well - the Vet loved my dogs & would recommend them to anyone who asked.

A note at the local shopping centre is no different to advertising anywhere else.

Hopefully if two people are advertising in the same location: One registered and one non.. Hopefully people will go to the registered person first.

No matter where a breeder advertises, it is the care and support offered behind the scenes that is important.

A flashy front can still hide a bad apple underneath.

We are assuming that the breeder is ethical and the general consensus is more ethical breeders should be advertising in direct competition with the shoddier ones.

Could have been a spur of the moment thing, I suppose, and sounds like the advert doesn't really differentiate (sp?) from the "rare" blue staffy breeders etc. which is a shame.

OT but out of curiosity, what area are you in?? (Picking my brains for breeder :o:thumbsup::thumbsup: )

Sorry - missed this question earlier.

It was at the shop in Sunbury - actually not our closest one but have been there a few times lately for other things in the area (such as banking). Noticed this pm the advert had gone, so hopefully whoever it was gets some nice homes. :-)

Just of interest how does the method of advertising guarentee the quality of the provider/goods????

As everyone has access to the same advertising methods..ie trading post,gumtree..etc.. reputable breeder of otherwise.

Just as how does the place where people find an advertisement define how suitable they are to purchase and own a dog?

I think that registered breeders should be open to advertise where the "uninformed" may see it. I can attest many good people I meet have very little idea where to source information/reputable breeders....I see that such advertising may result in some inquiries that are pure nuisance, but then again it may save someone from going down the BYB track. I am amazed at the $$ spent by puppy farms in advertising....sadly it impresses some enough to buy. :o