Yet Another Humping Question

mrs tornsocks

Realise there have been alot of threads about humping and what it means etc

Our entire (soon to be de-sexed) 9 month old lab drags his bed pillow out of the laundry, down the hallway or into the loungeroom and humps it for 5 minutes or so. He gets it into his mouth, and drags it into 'position', then goes about his biz.

Just interested to know if there's any explanation as to why this red pillow is his 'victim' ?

said pillow .... hehe

post-29562-1263633599_thumb.jpg

Edited by mrs tornsocks

actually my new addition does it too :thumbsup:

8 year old desexed bully .

he does it after i have been hanging out with them all outside, sitting patting them or playing tug, he then goes over to a bed, grabs it in his mouth try's to rip it, and humps it :rofl: stops for a pant, and keeps going :(

he also lays in the frog position on my astro turf, and rocks back and forth, my son thinks he looks "so wrong" ;)

post-3531-1263633992_thumb.jpg

Edited by juice

Is it bigger than him?

When he was a pup, my boy used to hump stuffed toys that were bigger than him, which wasn't hard because he was only a few kgs, he got over it though.

I was watching some TV show, can't recall what it was, where a dog was doing the same thing to toys and pillows that were bigger than him, they said it was because he viewed them as playmates and was asserting his dominance over them. Not sure how true that theory is though.

I was lucky with mine only my eldest did it with a stuffed toy occasionally it stopped after he was desexed. But if I seen him doing it I always stopped him right away. Occasionally he will try it on with a dog he is playing with till i give him the "thats not acceptable behaviour" look!! :thumbsup: he stops as soon as he gets the look!!

Not sure why you would let it go on for 5 mins. My friends dog did it to a cushion while i was there one day and it got stuck out and he was in a great amount of pain, it was a bit of an ordeal.

Edited by tlc

Well, it's been bigger than him up until now I guess, they're different shapes :thumbsup::( but it's probably the biggest thing he can easily move around and hump.

Is an interesting theory amypie, I like that.

As for 5 minutes, his pink bits are actually rarely out during humping so wouldn't get stuck ... and it's not 5 minutes non-stop, he jumps around and plays with pillow as well. We never really though of it as 'bad' enough to stop him.

Edited by mrs tornsocks

Just interested to know if there's any explanation as to why this red pillow is his 'victim' ?

I believe we humans call it "masturbation" and it's a pretty darned hot looking pillow!!! It's a 'feel good' thing.

Yup, that's about the short and tall of it :thumbsup:

My young Goldie (RIP) used to hump his favourite soft toy (that he used to seek out from all the other soft toys) and suck on it - he would take it to bed with him every night!

After dinner at night, this same dog would go and hump his bed in the bedroom - every night without fail :(

I believe we humans call it "masturbation" and it's a pretty darned hot looking pillow!!! It's a 'feel good' thing.

Yup, that's about the short and tall of it :thumbsup:

My young Goldie (RIP) used to hump his favourite soft toy (that he used to seek out from all the other soft toys) and suck on it - he would take it to bed with him every night!

After dinner at night, this same dog would go and hump his bed in the bedroom - every night without fail :(

well, he does love going to sleep on it as well, when it's time to go to bed and he's not in his crate, he curls up very happily on it.

Why the pillow?

It's a darn good hump, is all, and maybe it's the most doggy smelling thing around.

Why humping? he's a teenager, it's what they do :thumbsup:

I found the solution with one of mine was to ask them to go outside when they started humping. You could probable toss him and the cushion out in the yard anytime he does it, then it's his choice, but if he wants back in.

You lucky people..... at least there is a pillow!

My desexed boy (avatar) performs his Big M routine with his front paw. He sits on his butt and just goes for it. He rolls his eyes, makes stupid faces and throws in a few calming tongue flicks. It's more of a special massage and no pinky bits ever come forth :thumbsup:

We don't stop him - he seems to enjoy himself a lot and we (2 adults) get a mighty good laugh. Win-win situation IMHO.

My desexed boy (avatar) performs his Big M routine with his front paw. He sits on his butt and just goes for it. He rolls his eyes, makes stupid faces and throws in a few calming tongue flicks. It's more of a special massage and no pinky bits ever come forth :thumbsup:

We don't stop him - he seems to enjoy himself a lot and we (2 adults) get a mighty good laugh. Win-win situation IMHO.

:(:rofl: ;)

Realise there have been alot of threads about humping and what it means etc

Our entire (soon to be de-sexed) 9 month old lab drags his bed pillow out of the laundry, down the hallway or into the loungeroom and humps it for 5 minutes or so. He gets it into his mouth, and drags it into 'position', then goes about his biz.

said pillow .... hehe

Because it FEELS GOOOOOOD! that's why :rofl:

Kei had a favourite green dragon toy that he used to hump every night after tea. At 4 months old it was pretty funny - he would hump it then all of a sudden stop, look between his legs and start chasing his 'bits' :thumbsup:

By 5 months old he was *cough cough* finishing the job ...often over my carpet :cheer:

So the green dragon went on a long holiday which he is still on a year later :(

My desexed boy (avatar) performs his Big M routine with his front paw. He sits on his butt and just goes for it. He rolls his eyes, makes stupid faces and throws in a few calming tongue flicks. It's more of a special massage and no pinky bits ever come forth ;)

I wanna see a video :rofl::):eek:

When my lab was about 5 months old I got him a new cushion to sleep on and he suddenly starting humping it. We thought it was hilarious and would laugh at him and he seemed to stop it but then one day I busted him doing it when he thought we weren't around, it was as if he was embarassed when we laughed at him! Then he entered a destructive phase and the cushion got destroyed and I've never caught him humping anything aver again. That was the only thing he ever seemed to hump and we assumed he just enjoyed the nice velour feel of it.

By 5 months old he was *cough cough* finishing the job ...often over my carpet :eek:

ok, well, if we're gonna get to nitty gritty, I just had a disagreement with OH as to whether this could/would actually happen. He said there's no way but I figured if he really kept going, it's more than likely he'd ejaculate. Am I right ?

Eeeeeewwwwwwwww.