Cost For Dog Transport

dark angel

Just for a laugh - for that price I'd be asking them when I booked to make sure his seat is next to yours (preferably by the window, since I'm sure he'd like the view) and what exactly it is that he's having for lunch :laugh:

Seriously though, its rediculous how much they charge!!!

For a dog of that size, I think that's quite reasonable. It would probably cost as much to ship that weight by ordinary airfreight.

Factor in caring for a live animal and insurance issues and I think its quite reasonable.

You'd pay more than that in petrol. :laugh:

GTE transport were excellent, I had Kimba brought down from Sydney, cost not much over $100, cant remember exactly. They kept in contact with me the whole trip, rang at 2 hours, 1 hour, half an hour away. Might be a bit harder to coordinate for a show though.

GTE transport were excellent, I had Kimba brought down from Sydney, cost not much over $100, cant remember exactly. They kept in contact with me the whole trip, rang at 2 hours, 1 hour, half an hour away. Might be a bit harder to coordinate for a show though.

If they're still transporting unquarantined pound dogs in the same dog trailers with other dogs, I'd not touch them with a barge pole. :laugh:

Can you clarify for me - a one way trip adl to canberra is $140? same on return?

I ask because when I go overseas (sometime in the next five years) I'm going to take pete to stay with mum in canberra

Excess is charged one way .So in this case $140 over & $ 140 back.

Virgin charging $10 was like so many years ago it isnt funny & that was also reliant on your luggage,

Suck it up i pay over $800 yearly to fly to shows :laugh:

If they're still transporting unquarantined pound dogs in the same dog trailers with other dogs, I'd not touch them with a barge pole. :laugh:

Exactly

If they're still transporting unquarantined pound dogs in the same dog trailers with other dogs, I'd not touch them with a barge pole. :curtsey:

Same goes for other road transporters who do the same thing, mind you I have heard of unquarantined animals being flown in hire crates also.

If they're still transporting unquarantined pound dogs in the same dog trailers with other dogs, I'd not touch them with a barge pole. :curtsey:

To be honest, I never asked. Dog has had vacs.

Do airlines only fly showdogs that live on their own?

Who knows.

However we spent weeks organising getting a dog that had been quarantined to someone who would pick him up, then I'd meet up with them. All good and we were promised that no unvaccinated dog or dog fresh from the pound would be transported. Infact it was checked twice.

We found out after he'd already been put in the trailer ( he was on his way ) that he was infact on the same trip with dogs that were fresh from one of the southern NSW pounds.

Bloody awesome, it could have put my yard and pups at risk.

Nope. And due to some rescue practices, they fly unquarantined pound dogs too. Don't think I won't be asking about what dogs fly on any flight I get a pup on. In fact I'll probably drive to get the next one.

But 50 minutes in a crate in an airline hold sure beats 12 hours in a dog trailer bay that God knows how many dogs have been in before and alongside a dog sprung from a pound dont ya think?

Nope. And due to some rescue practices, they fly unquarantined pound dogs too. Don't think I won't be asking about what dogs fly on any flight I get a pup on. In fact I'll probably drive to get the next one.

But 50 minutes in a crate in an airline hold sure beats 12 hours in a dog trailer bay that God knows how many dogs have been in before and alongside a dog sprung from a pound dont ya think?

quite possibly, never thought about any of it really. She came with her Grandma and was as happy as a pig in mud on arrival.