How Do You Carry Around Your Crate

Tilly

I have an XXLarge collapsible crate (wire) for my GSD ... and quite frankly it is heavy and cumbersome to carry any distance.

I have seen the 4 wheel trolley dolly … but I am thinking of something like a 2 wheel trolley. It would need to be something that folds up.

What do you use?

I have a fold up one as well it can take up to 85kg and folds down including the handle. I use the 48" and 42' wire crates, so having a trolley helps to get the heavy stuff to where you want to set up. Plus you can load up your trolley with lots of stuff and reduce the amount of trips you need to take.

ish has suggested some of the places you can get them from.

I have seen people use these trolleys before:

post-430-1263933633_thumb.jpg

I have also seen others get a bit of study ply (you would want 16-19mm depending on weight) or something and screw wheels under it, then Occy strap their crate on top.

The only problem with Ply is don't get it wet.

The only problem I see with them is the Castor size. When you start to get into sandy areas, the wheels get bogged.

Otherwise I use to use a similar trolley to what was displayed earlier.

I now have a show trolley.

I am thinking of something like a 2 wheel trolley. It would need to be something that folds up.

I have one that came from K-Mart. Small in size & folds down even smaller. Whenever I've loaned my big oversize crate to a rescue, for putting on a display, I've given them the trolley, too.

I have one like Ish has but I got mine from Aldi for around $30. I use it for the crates. I also bought an old but good wooden dog trolley off ebay for under $60 and I put all my odds and ends in there, like my chair, the walls for the gazebo, etc, saves making multiple trips