Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Nic- yeah we bought two of them for laying on in diff rooms. Still trying to figure out if we are crate training or not, I have to make a decision before Wednesday! Sounds like you yourself are all ready to go, what day do you pick your pup up?

Marns x

Hi Marns, we decided to crate train our dog becoz we reckon it's easier to toilet train it and bring it around (Although I am getting a BC). Lol but I think crate is the way to start. I am getting my puppy on tuesday 12.30pm but I got lab class in uni. Maybe only my gf can pick him up. We will see how it goes. (maybe I don't turn up for the class!!). Haha puppy is important. I have been waiting for 1.5 years for my own dog.

The pink thing is from Kmart, comes in a smaller size too. It can be used for food or water, the plastic container turns around depending what you want to use. Will let you know how it goes!

Cant believe Ill see Lola in 3 more sleeps! Hubby doesnt get back from overseas until Easter Tuesday so he is last to meet her. Even my parents and sister will meet Lola first!!

How is everyone else going? Wasnt someone picking up their pug Zoe today or yesterday?

The pink thing is from Kmart, comes in a smaller size too. It can be used for food or water, the plastic container turns around depending what you want to use. Will let you know how it goes!

Cant believe Ill see Lola in 3 more sleeps! Hubby doesnt get back from overseas until Easter Tuesday so he is last to meet her. Even my parents and sister will meet Lola first!!

How is everyone else going? Wasnt someone picking up their pug Zoe today or yesterday?

11 days!!

I'm here :)

It took us 4 1/2 hours to get home, that’s with stopping at Port Wakefield for dinner. Zoe was either asleep or playing with her Wubba toy all the way home. She never had an accident in the car at all.

We went to bed early last night at 10pm, I put Zoe in her crate with a special wheat bag dog (RCBG, its the same one you have, its great and works a treat), you heat it in the microwave and it is suppose to make Zoe feel warm and snug. We put the radio on softly (breeder recommended this) and she cried for about 5 minutes and then went to sleep, she woke at 6:15am and I took her outside. She never had an accident in her crate either.

I love how Zoe is not afraid of anything. She confronts it first. Annie, our last dog, was afraid of everything. Zoe is just so different. She has met the cat, Shadow, and she keeps trying to play with her, but Shadow is mesmerised by her, and just watches everything she does. Shadow is jumping down on the ground to have a sniff, but changes her mind at the last minute. I think she is trying to get Zoe’s attention...lol but is not sure what to do when she gets it.

Zoe fits into our family perfectly and everyone loves her....she is certainly going to get spoilt rotten with affection here. She has found that its fun to chew on the things dangling from the cat tunnel... :) she runs through it, around it, and even tries to get on top of it....crazy dog....Ok you asked for pictures :rofl:

Zoe11.jpg

Zoe not happy she was made to stand still.

Zoe7.jpg

Zoe checking out the boxes.

Zoe6.jpg

Opps I think I surprised her...

Zoe1.jpg

Zoe standing guard against that huge cat.

:laugh: Zoe loves to cuddle and she fell asleep in my lap twice last night. I had to get up once, so I handed her to Kimberly, and Zoe wouldn't settle down. When I came back, and after she stopped nibbling on my thumb, she laid down and fell asleep again, so lots of snorting and snoring :laugh: boy can she get to sleep quick....one minute she was awake, next she was gone....lol

BF :)

Edited by Bluefairy

Belgian Blue ~ I'm not sure of the price, our last dog cost us about $200 to go from Sydney to Adelaide, but that was 2 years ago. I'm not sure about prices now....sorry.

Michelle ~ Thank you :) her tail has the tightest curl....though when she runs her tail is straight. Weird how that happens :)

BF

Edited by Bluefairy

Eeek! I'm meant to be getting Maggie sent through Dogtainers, and the breeder thought it might cost around $130 being sent from Sydney to Adelaide... but maybe that's way off?? I was supposed to hear from her about it today... 10 DAYS!

Edited by Lauren Golden

Blue Fairy - CONGRATULATIONS! What an absolutely gorgeous girl Zoe is. Sounds like she's doing great. Love the pics.

I have some very exciting news too. I am getting a puppy!! He was born last Tuesday. I was further down the waiting list and thought I'd miss out but ended up higher on the list and now have just got to somehow get through the next eight weeks!!! I am beyond excited. I was convinced I wouldn't be getting a puppy for ages so this was a fantastic surprise.

Belgian. Blue - our puppy is a black miniature poodle and yes, my breeder has been great with updates. The waiting, waiting, waiting is hideous but I guess it will go fairly fast, particularly as I have to get everything ready for him and shop, which should be great fun! Not long for you now Belgian. Blue and a few others too I think (? Lauren Golden).

I'm glad I'm within driving distance to pick up my puppy - some of these flights add quite a bit to the price.

Bluefairy- OMG Zoe is beautiful....what is the pink thing she is wearing, it is gorgeous, is it a harness of some type and where do I get one from? Sounds like she is well toilet trained already, fingers crossed Lola is the same! Pls keep sharing photos!

Belgian Blue- that seems expensive, Lola is getting flown from Tamworth to Perth via Sydney and it was 250 with crate hire or 265 and the crate is mine to keep. Can you get quotes from other places? Mine is through Dogtainers also.

Lauren Golden- wow not long now, how exciting!! Any photos to share this week?

Lily123- congrats, trust me the 8 weeks will fly by, we have been waiting since Lola was 2 weeks old, so almost 6 weeks and I cant believe how quickly it has gone.

Me- 2 sleeps to go....woohoo. So busy at the moment though its crazy, got heaps to do tomorrow while Im kid free.

Better go get the monkeys into bed so I can finish eating my dinner!!

Marns x

Hi everyone! Congratulations to those of you have got your new puppies recently.

I thought I should stop lurking in the shadows and finally post something.

I'm getting a golden retriever puppy in 8 weeks. I am so so excited! This will be my first ever purebred dog (all others have been rescues).

Jodie ~ Zoe's harness is a Puppia one, this is a small size, and its absolutely tiny. If Zoe's head gets any bigger it won't fit her, I was told a small size wouldn't fit a Pug pup....but Zoe is so tiny, that I use it for a while anyway :rofl:

Lauren ~ Not long now :laugh:

Lily ~ A huge :eek::laugh: congratulations. I too hated the waiting....

Blue ~ I bet you end up doing what I did when you get the crate, you set it up just to see what its like :rofl:

Marns ~ As mentioned above its a Puppia Harness. I got it from ebay. Then when I realised it would be too small I got a large size. Just be careful and check the size on the Puppia web site as they are a small size all over. I small would fit a Chi, which is what Zoe is wearing now. I must admit though its a beautiful fit. It doesn't rub anywhere under the arms or the neck. I love it. Not long now :rofl:

JaxD ~ Yes she is definitely spoilt. She usually sleeps on the recliner with me at night. At the moment she is sleeping on my daughter Nicole's lap while she is reading text books for Uni. When I got her breakfast out the fridge.....I thought as its freezing, I'll heat it up for 10 seconds in the microwave.... :laugh: she wolfed it down...normally she takes her time eating it. I guess she likes her meals to be served hot..... :laugh: now I am wondering if I have made a rod for my own back :rofl:

Magstar ~ Welcome and YAH!!! at the 8 weeks and counting stage. As you can see we have all been there, and got through it fine. If you have any questions just ask, we are all shopaholics, dogaholics and just plain insane....but we don't bite so ask away.

Ok I better go as its lunch time :idea: Yumm baked potatoes with sour cream and cheese..... Mmmmm

BF

Edited by Bluefairy