Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Just an update....Lola made it from Tamworth to Sydney okay, plane was only a few minutes late thank goodness as if it was too late she would miss connecting lfight! So she is now in the air again after departing Sydney on her way to Perth. She should land around 1.55pm Perth time, my sister is going to be there to get her at 2.15pm then drive down to Bunbury, will take about 2 hours. Got so much to do housework wise so Ill toddle off and get it done. Hi to everyone and I promise some personals later and hopefully some more photos!!!

Marns

Nic ~ We placed Zoe into a soft crate in the car trip home (4 1/2hrs long). I never thought to wonder if she liked it or not :rofl: now at night she is just picked up and placed in the crate. She won't go in it on her own, but thats fine as I only want it for sleeping or sometimes like tomorrow morning she will be in it for about 2hrs while I take my daughter to the Drs. I haven't tried to get her into it by herself...yet anyway. Not sure if I am doing it right or not, I want her to know this is bed time and she goes it it for that. Do you have a cover on it? If so try taking it off, if not put one on. I made a cover for Zoe's crate, its supposed to make it more den like.

Jess ~ a huge congratulation on being on the puppy list. I hope you get what you want from this litter. And now you have to make another ticker :)

Marns ~ :) hopefully Lola is now with you home safe and sound. Lots of photo's....which reminds me I'll have to take some more :rofl:

BF

I am absolutely livid. Here is my nightmare so far.

Get a call from my sister who was at Australian Air Epress to pick up Lola. They had no record of her. My sister checked the dogs there none was a ruby cav. They had no record of her on the next flight either. I call Dogtainers once my sister informs me of this to be told we dont know where she is. They said please check the breeder has put her on at Tamworth, I replied I know she has I got an email. It took over an hour to hear that she was ok, I have been so upset. She is only 8 weeks and hasnt eaten anything since last night and only had something to drink at 7am Eastern standards time this morning. She actually is on the next flight but is noted as a less than 5kg weight or something not even by name. So now my sister isnt coming down, she will pick her up at 6.45pm WA time (so 9.45 eastern time) then take her back to my parents tonight and head down tomorrow morning. My eldest child who knows Lola is coming came out of school so excited and I had to tell him she wasnt coming, he is beside himself. He has managed to read a 96 page book on Cavaliers in the last few weeks so he would know more about the breed and how to take care of her.

Sorry Im starting to cry again thinking how hungry and scared Lola is right now. Ill be back later when I have calmed down.

Marns x

Far out Marns, that is simply not good enough. You better kick up a big stink once you've got her safely in your arms. It doesn't give you much faith in these companies, do they realise they are dealing with living and breathing creatures. I'm so sorry for your son, what a huge disappointment for him.

I'm keeping everything crossed that Lola arrives safely tonight, keep us posted.

That is so awful Marns, do you know who is at fault? Hope she arrives safely soon.

RE the photos, I've asked the breeder for some more... Old or recent, I don't mind!!! We only found out that we were getting Maggie when she was 6 weeks old (someone cancelled on her). So that's why I have few photos thus far. She will be almost 10 weeks when we get her.

Edited by Lauren Golden

Oh Marns, you poor thing - how stressful. Poor little Lola. You'll be so relieved when you finally see her tomorrow.

Congrats Jess on getting on the waiting list. It's a good feeling.

I love everyone's stashes - there are going to be some spoiled puppies! I'll have to get busy shopping!! What is everyone putting in the bottom of their crates? Does anyone know anything about Vetbed?

I hope you get some more pics Lauren Golden. I love getting updates on my puppy (and he's only a week old).

Ok my sister and mum finally have Lola with them and are on the way home in the car to my mums place. They will feed her and let her have a good run around, followed by some more cuddles after such a long day for her. Poor girl. They said she is just so beautiful and perfect and tiny!!! Name was on the crate so that wasnt the problem, very bad communication from Sydneys Dogtainers, they stuffed up but also a big stuff up not contacting Perth Dogtainers so they could let me know about missed connection. I will be doing a complaint in the next few days once Lola has settled in. Thank goodness shes ok. 1 more sleep and Ill be able to give her cuddles. She will be here about 8am in the morning WA time. Ill update as soon as I can.

Marnsx

So sorry to hear this Marnsi. It must have been such a stressfull time....it will be good to have your little girl at home where she belongs!

Jess - Massive congrats on being added to a Lappie list. I want a Lappie but have enough hair to deal with Belgian :eek: So I'm going a long coat and a short coat dog.

Thanks Belgian Blue...I was also tossing up between another Groen (we used to have 2 beautiful Belgians Baron & Poppy) and I was actually in discussions at one stage to buy a pup from the lovely Maria your Ivy's breeder. I have watched your gorgeous Ivy growing from puppy to a stunning young lady for some time now :mad Are you buying a GSP this time round? I recall at some point reading that you had a boy lined up but it unfortunately fell through and I felt so sad for you.

Edited by *jess*

Thanks Belgian Blue...I was also tossing up between another Groen (we used to have 2 beautiful Belgians Baron & Poppy) and I was actually in discussions at one stage to buy a pup from the lovely Maria your Ivy's breeder. I have watched your gorgeous Ivy growing from puppy to a stunning young lady for some time now :mad Are you buying a GSP this time round? I recall at some point reading that you had a boy lined up but it unfortunately fell through and I felt so sad for you.

Oh wow you're a Belgianite too! Stunning breed. I was tossing up between another Belgian or a Pointer.

Actually found another English Pointer breeder over East and she's been really wonderful. I have two liver boys to pick from and one is defiantly mine. He arrives in 23 days hehe.

I much much prefer this breeder to the first, so I'm VERY glad the first one fell through!! Even though it sucked at the time.

Have photos of both boys but won't post until I know for certian which is mine. The one I want is show quality but has a non show tail .. called a flag tail .. so we just have to see if that corrects itself, which it probably won't. Hopefully for me, his tail stays incorrect hehe, as I'm not showing.

So what happened to the grey Terv you were definitely getting BB? :eek:

Have photos of both boys but won't post until I know for certian which is mine. The one I want is show quality but has a non show tail .. called a flag tail .. so we just have to see if that corrects itself, which it probably won't. Hopefully for me, his tail stays incorrect hehe, as I'm not showing.

Thats what happened to me Belgian Blue. The breeder was running on two girls, and we got the one that was less suitable for showing. It doesn't bother me one bit either, i have zero interest in showing dogs. I told the breeder I hope one of them turns out to be no good, luckily she has a sense of humour.

Oh wow you're a Belgianite too! Stunning breed. I was tossing up between another Belgian or a Pointer.

Actually found another English Pointer breeder over East and she's been really wonderful. I have two liver boys to pick from and one is defiantly mine. He arrives in 23 days hehe.

I much much prefer this breeder to the first, so I'm VERY glad the first one fell through!! Even though it sucked at the time.

So what happened to the grey Terv you were definitely getting BB? :D

Sometimes things change PF. She obviously decided to go with a different breed and she has her reasons. She has already said that she decided to go with a shortcoat breed.

Hi everyone, little update on my puppy Oreo. He didn't cry at all last night. Yay! We all went to sleep at about 11pm and he sleep till about 4am before he woke up and walked around the tent. I then went outside for toilet and he is good, well-behaved boy. He is so energetic and hopefully we can get to 16 weeks faster so all vaccinations will be done. Then we will bring him out to run and etc.

Unfortunately he has an Urinary Tract Infection which is confirmed by the vet today and the poor pup has to get an injection. After he finish all his anti-biotics, we will take his wee sample again to get a more detailed test in the lab(hope nothing serious). He is so tired after going to the vet and he is now sleeping soundly in his crate.

How's everyone's puppy? I promise piccys when my Internet is running. There is some problem with the modem being sent to my place.

Nic