Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

had first puppy preschool today and it was so much fun, a few people didn't believe me she was a rotti and she was a star in the class was so good compared to a few naughty little puppies lol which were oh so cute

We got our wonderful Oscar yesterday. He has been so good so far. He has not had a single accident inside! He goes to the door when he really needs to go, but we also have made sure that we take him out often enough as well.

He already understands "sit". And I also showed him once to sit at the door before I will open it for him, and now he does that every time without being told. I've also been teaching him to come which he is responding to very well.

I am so amazed at how well he has settled into our home. He whined for about 30 secs when we put him to bed and thats been the only noise he has made. I thought that because he came from a large litter he would feel lonely without all of his brother and sisters, but he seems very happy.

I will try to upload some photos later.

Magstar...how is your older dog going with little Oscar?

We have found our older dog (15 months) is SO much better behaved since we got Gus! I think its a combination of having a new friend to play dog stuff with and us being more focused and consistant with her training and boundrys.

Our older dog was a bit unsure at first, but has relaxed now. They've had a good couple of plays together outside which was fun to watch. Shes very gentle with him. I'm hoping that they will continue to bond with time. I think its going to take a little longer for her to get to that happy place, but she's not unhappy at the moment...just adjusting.

The toilet training has still be going really well. Day 3 and still not a single accident inside!

Just wanted to update everyone on Jager cause i love reading everyone elses updates.

He has been doing so well at nights. We head to bed around 10.30ish. Doesn't cry just curls up and chews on his ducky for about 5minutes and then off to sleep. He wakes me up about twice a night, we go upstairs to the toilet and then back to bed without any issues, no crying at all. He wakes up just before 6am (i get up at 6 anyway) and we play for a bit before i get ready for work. Leaving him alone is hard as he cries and it breaks my heart. Fingers crossed he gets used to it soon.

Over the weekend we had a bit of a sleep in. He woke me up at 6 as normal and we went to the toilet and then i put him back in his crate. Didnt phase him at all either day, he just chewed on his duck until i fell asleep :) and then we got up at 8 on Saturday and 9 on Sunday.

Toilet training is going well - 9 out of 10 times he takes himself back to the pen to go to the toilet (thats where his toilet is). I still haven't worked out his cues for when he needs to wee. So that is a big bonus for me as all weekend he didnt make a single mistake.

We are learning sit at the moment. He sits when he is being let out of his pen, he sits when he wants to come up on the lounge, both of which usually involved jumping all over the place. So thats great.

He gets under foot alot. He runs between you legs if you are wearing jeans so you have to walk with your feet flicking out to the sides so you don't send him flying. We are still working on that one.

Cat still hasnt warmed to him at all. She is still interesting in the situation and comes and sits in the lounge room with us at night etc. and will approach him to sniff. But he has taken to lunging at her, which puts her off so she hisses and growls at him until he goes away. I wish she would just have the guts to slap him once or twice to show him his place, but she is just too timid.

I am probably going insane, but at different times today (first full day back at work) i can smell him. His sweet little puppy smell. Dont know if it is in my hair or somehting, but it makes me miss him so much more.

9 weeks old today.

Congratulations Mag!! It looks as though you have got yourself quite an intelligent and sweet boy there. How exciting!!!! I have been waiting for your time to come, now I will wait in anticipation for your next update and of course more photos :D

Sigh, 4 more long weeks for us.

We had a bad night with Oscar last night. He did not want to settle, just wanted to play. I think it was because he had had a big sleep pretty late in the afternoon. We will have to make sure we keep him awake all afternoon/evening so that he sleeps at night!

It's raining here today so We have a very wet and dirty puppy. The rain doesnt bother him at all.

My older dog, Maggie, is a lot more comfortable with Oscar. She loves playing with him, but will walk away when she's had enough. A few times she has been the one who wanted to start the playing which is good. She never gets grouchy at him or anything, she's just very good at finding a quiet spot away from him when she isn't in the mood. She mostly walks away because he keeps trying to bite her tail! When they are playing she looks so happy though, which makes it all worth while.

I've got some photos of the 2 playing together so I will post them shortly.

Just a quick brag - Day 4 and still no accidents in the house!

Am still waiting to hear from the breeder! and its doing my head in!!!! I know the pups are born and are all healthy so far but only 2 boys born and there is someone in front of me wanting a boy and she hasnt decided if she is keeping a boy yet so i have to wait wait wait. and i have no patience left!!!

We had a bad night with Oscar last night. He did not want to settle, just wanted to play. I think it was because he had had a big sleep pretty late in the afternoon. We will have to make sure we keep him awake all afternoon/evening so that he sleeps at night!

It's raining here today so We have a very wet and dirty puppy. The rain doesnt bother him at all.

My older dog, Maggie, is a lot more comfortable with Oscar. She loves playing with him, but will walk away when she's had enough. A few times she has been the one who wanted to start the playing which is good. She never gets grouchy at him or anything, she's just very good at finding a quiet spot away from him when she isn't in the mood. She mostly walks away because he keeps trying to bite her tail! When they are playing she looks so happy though, which makes it all worth while.

I've got some photos of the 2 playing together so I will post them shortly.

Just a quick brag - Day 4 and still no accidents in the house!

My little one is the same! Its time for bed and all she wants to do is play! She is sleeping through out the evening from about 7.30 ish which is probably why. Last night she just wanted to run around outside - it was raining and she came in SO wet! She dug her first hole too and got covered in dirt!

Only a couple of accidents inside for her, but that wasn't her fault. We didn't get her out quick enough. Other people woke her up and let her out of her crate but then went and made a coffee instead of taking her outside!

Am still waiting to hear from the breeder! and its doing my head in!!!! I know the pups are born and are all healthy so far but only 2 boys born and there is someone in front of me wanting a boy and she hasnt decided if she is keeping a boy yet so i have to wait wait wait. and i have no patience left!!!

It is hard waiting to hear if there is a pup in the litter for you but remember anything can happen, god forbid it doesn't between now and 8 weeks the litter i got my pup out of we lost a pup at 6 weeks. Here's hoping a little boy is in the litter for you

It must be driving you mental. I hope you get good news soon.

I am probably going insane, but at different times today (first full day back at work) i can smell him. His sweet little puppy smell. Dont know if it is in my hair or somehting, but it makes me miss him so much more.

9 weeks old today.

Nushie, Jager is such a cutie and he sounds like a very good little boy! I can just picture him lying there chewing his ducky, how cute :D

I know exactly what you mean about the smell, when Saxon was a baby I swear I would "smell" his little puppy smell throughout the day and have massive cravings to cuddle him and breathe it in :p I don't know if I actually did smell it, I thought I was probably just imagining/remembering the smell but my theory was that puppies give off a smell that makes their "mother" crave them so they don't get abandoned. Haven't seen anything supporting my theory but it made sense to me!

Aaawww now I'm remembering puppy smell, soooo sweet :D

Magstar - Oscar is beautiful and so clever with his TT.

I finally have a couple of photos of Jasper. The second one was taken after the camera had its little accident and the colours are definitely off. OH took it to be looked at today and they are going to repair it and they also think they may be able to repair the smashed lens.

Jasper has been very good. He has been getting on great with our JRT, although I think she puts up with too much and doesn't correct him. She just loves it when he is chewing her! I swear I'll lose weight with all the running inside and outside for TT. He has not cried once at night - just goes into his crate and settles straight away. He does get up very early and I'm hoping that eventually he'll sleep in a little. He hasn't been eating much breakfast or lunch but he loves his dinner. One of the cats is settling a bit with him but the other one is still completely hissy.

I love hearing everyone's updates and it's good to finally add one of my own.

Good luck to those waiting - the time does eventually come when you can bring your baby home!

0514comp.jpg

0538comp.jpg

Hi All I've joined the ranks of people waiting for their perfect new puppy. :D :p

I'm speaking to a breeder of American White Swiss Shepherds up near cairns (also near where I live) and she has a litter due at the beginning of July so I just can't wait I saw the mother week ago and she looks so wonderful :p .

I know for a fact I've chosen the right breed of dog :D can't wait to see them when their born and I can't wait to choose my new girl. She will have a friend to come home to a male Great Dane X and kitty called Panther who is the boss of everyone :laugh:

Now I just have to come up with a name I like "White Rose" in memory of my dad who always wanted a dog of this breed, but other then that I don't know.

Danika

borderfan - Hope you get to hear good news from the breeder. The litter my boy came from consists of 6 males and 1 female. I heard it was chaos in the house!

Lily123 - Your boy looks so lovely. Is that a toy or miniature poodle? I wanted to get a toy poodle at first because my girlfriend has 2 toy poodles back in her country which was plain lovely. But my girlfriend wanted to try other breed of dog so we got a BC. I love my boy anyway!

dwilds - now you have to patiently wait for your puppy!

Here is some pictures of Oreo! The other dog is my friend's shih tzu x if anyone is wondering (I could not convince her to buy pure breed).

post-33443-1274777344_thumb.jpg

post-33443-1274777364_thumb.jpg

post-33443-1274777380_thumb.jpg

Borderfan - good luck - I thought I'd missed out (I was further down the list) but things changed and I ended up with a puppy - you just never know!

Dwilds - the waiting is hard but it's good to share the countdown with everyone here.

Nic - thank you! Jasper is a miniature poodle. Oreo has grown a lot - he looks like he's having fun with his little Shih Tzu friend!