Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

I quite like Luka too but we already have a lappie named Luuka on the Spitz forum so I want something different. Bjorn is currently on the top of our list but I doubt we'll make a decision until we get up to melbourne to meet him. Hopefully our crate will arrive this week - our pretty pink one :thumbsup: oops We better choose a very manly name. Yes only 4 more weeks to go, but it gives us time to save which is good, I still don't know how I will stand the waiting

Borderfan - He is the cutest puppy, he looks so fluffy and full of mischief! Not spoilt a puppy that cute surely deserves that many toys

Aussielover - I am so jealous! We will need many many photos

Time flies! My little puppy is already 5 months old!

Verdant - What an adorable little guy! My vote (not that it counts :cheer: ) is for Bjorn.

Oreo with the Oreo box is very cute!

And oh, my, god, Bailey is to die for! I love the second photo - incredibly photogenic dog you're getting there! How old is he at the moment?

I just received confirmation this morning from my breeder that I have a puppy!!

Mama dog had 3 Males and 4 Females on Monday. Gosh I am so excited now! :cheer:

:cheer: :cheer::cheer::cheer:

Are you getting a girl or boy??

Wel I think he is 6 weeks now so only 2 more to go, 15 days but I'm not counting I swear! hahaha ok maybe I am!! Bought some more things for him today, really am sooo bad but anyway!!!

I love all his photos and I agree the breeders got some really great ones of him. I have a new digital SLR so it will be getting a work out once Bailey gets here, in the meantime I follow the kids and the cat around. And on an even stranger note have noticed that the cat we have (Alfie) and Bailey will have similar markings :cheer::cheer: I think I need some adult time, all these kids programs are making my head mush!!!

Yay for new puppies, how exciting!!!

Anyone got any new pictures to share???

I picked my new puppy "Mindy" up today from guide dogs!

she is very cute, has a typical lab personality, LOVES her food and will do anything for a treat or cuddle!

She cried and barked for 30mins in the car and also threw up and did a poo! I am hoping this is just because it was her first long car trip, my old dog also vomited when we picked her up! I plan on doing some short, fun trips in the car to get her used to it though.

She is quite vocal- cries a lot for attention. We are trying to ignore her when she does this. I think she will be quite a challenge compared to my old dog who was basically perfect from day 1. I'm looking forward to it though !!!!

post-31284-1275457765_thumb.jpgpost-31284-1275457822_thumb.jpg

post-31284-1275457976_thumb.jpg

Edited by aussielover

Borderfan - 2 more weeks to go. When it is closer, you won't be able to sleep due to the excitement! Not getting Oreo a friend.....YET! Maybe after I graduate and get a full-time job. My gf is fond of West Highland Terrier and Yorkshire Terrier. I am leaning towards Siberian Huski or Sheltie. I am just afraid that Oreo will be too boisterous for dogs that are too small.

Verdant - Bjorn sounds really nice. The name comes naturally when they are here. Don't stress too much. :eek:

brownfox - Grats on your new puppy. Will you get to pick first?

aussielover - Mindy is lovely! I love black-coloured dogs! LOL Labrador and food. You can't seperate them :)

Edited by nicolatu

Aww get oreo a friend!! I'm a big dog fan, not much of a fan of smaller dogs, which is strange that I had 2 maltese growing up but once I could get my "own" dogs I got a border and never looked back! Even had 2 goldens and a GSD with my ex but now those dogs live with him and my border went over the bridge a few weeks ago.

I'm having trouble sleeping now, dont tell me it gets worse!! hahahaha

awwww look at mindy, shes so shiny and cute!!

Aww everyone here has adorable puppies :) I wanna cuddle them all!

brownfox - Grats on your new puppy. Will you get to pick first?

Thanks nicolatu!

Actually I'm not so sure how it's going to work. I don't have enough money for a plane ticket to go visit the breeder personally (saving everything I can for the pup), but I trust her judgment in giving us a suitable puppy for our lifestyle.

I'm expecting photos on the weekend, so I'll post some here. :eek:

QuickBrownFox- Bailey's breeder was interstate as well so I didnt get to pick him, the breeder picked for us. We had to fill out a questionnaire of about 40ish questions on what we wanted, our experience , what we planned to do with the dog, thoughts on training, desexing etc etc and with multiple emails and calls she chose Bailey for us. I trust her judgement, she has been breeding them for years! and I kind of think if I had to go and choose one personally I would be stuck for hours playing with them all!

Of course this obviously means she chose the best one for me! :cry:

Mindy is gorgeous! I love lab puppies

QBF - Airedales are lovely, a friend of the family breeds them and they're just lovely. I was happy to leave the decision up to my breeder, I trust their puppy judgement better than mine I'd be sure to fall in love with all of them and be wracked with indecision. Can I ask who your breeder is?

I'm going to sit down with the OH on the weekend and start talking about names, I'd like to have 3 serious name prospects before we meet our boy

quickbrownfox - Can't wait to see the little fella when he arrives!! Oooh and photos! Yippee!

borderfan - Woo hoo!!! 2 more weeks!! Took a few pics, will have to upload them!

aussielover - Awww.. Mindy is gorgeous!!! You're gonna have so much fun with her!

I think I have a problem, I cant stop buying puppy toys!!! *sigh* i think there are about 20 different squeaky ball bone rope tug things in the box now. At least he will have options, and I can rotate!

Puppy pics puppy pics please!!

quickbrownfox - Our breeder shows pictures on her website and we get to choose. I was the last so I didn't get to choose. My first choice was another boy and Oreo was my second choice. I got Oreo and I was happy. She told me Oreo's temperaments and I was happy with it (we loved naughty dogs). The next thing I knew was Oreo was on the plane here!

borderfan - thats a lot of toys for a puppy! Maybe give him 6 toys first and then slowly give him the rest? He will feel happier if he sees new toys all the time. I am different from you. I buy LOTS of treats for Oreo. I have to go to the pet shop (no live animals other than fish sold) every other day. :cry:

Started teaching Oreo how to "heel" since yesterday and walk on my left beside me. He sort of know heel means going to my left from behind. It went alright only because Oreo is still easily distracted. I am happy as long as he walk on my left and don't pull on the leash.

Guest belgian.blue
Actually I'm not so sure how it's going to work. I don't have enough money for a plane ticket to go visit the breeder personally (saving everything I can for the pup), but I trust her judgment in giving us a suitable puppy for our lifestyle.

I'm expecting photos on the weekend, so I'll post some here. :laugh:

My current pup, now 14 weeks old, came from NSW and I had pick between three males and the breeder emailed me weekly photos but nothing was in stone until about 7 weeks of age. I told her my preference and it worked out to be the pup I got!

He was pick of the litter but doesn't have a "showing" tail but I'm oh-so-glad .. he's just perfect :cry:

I have a soft spot for Airedales, you're in Perth? Maybe I could have puppy cuddles :D In swap for English Pointer cuddles?