Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Quick Brown Fox - What a breathtaking picture! Just amazing:)

Gayle - Issak is such a star - you must be absolutely smitten!

Borderfan - Now we can officially say that our puppies are due "NEXT WEEK!" - whoohoo!

Your photos are VERY sweet. You are so lucky.

We need a count down ticker - does anyone know where I can get a good one?

The Hudster arrives at 3pm on a plane from Victoria.

The outbreak of puppy fever has hit us pretty badly this time. :)

Edited by cornell

9 days! Single digits now! I think I have everything ready. Bought his food yesterdaybut left the bag sealed for now, toys all ready, bedding washed and ready, crate ready, kids DEFINATELY ready and me ready 2 weeks ago!!

it gets exciting then all the fun begins the freezing nights waiting for puppy to toilet lol :)

Ha! Canberra is soooooooooo cold at nights now and when I'm standing there at 3 or 4am waiting for Elbie - even though he's very prompt and obedient, it still seems to take forever! :laugh:

it gets exciting then all the fun begins the freezing nights waiting for puppy to toilet lol :)

Ha! Canberra is soooooooooo cold at nights now and when I'm standing there at 3 or 4am waiting for Elbie - even though he's very prompt and obedient, it still seems to take forever! :)

:laugh: I totally didn't realise that you were in Canberra toooooooo!!!! Might see you out some time :)

And yes.. Canberra is FREEZING! Other morning was something ridiculous like -3 degrees!

:laugh: I totally didn't realise that you were in Canberra toooooooo!!!! Might see you out some time :) And yes.. Canberra is FREEZING! Other morning was something ridiculous like -3 degrees!

Yup! We might see you around in the cold ...

We'll be at obedience classes starting from 20 June - I think wuffles and Ava will be there, too although in a higher class than Elbie.

I can't wait until Elbie's old enough to hold it for longer. I get so cold in the mornings when I let him out for his 'elimination' session. I also make him a fresh hot water bottle at that time :)

Awesome :)

We're starting obedience too, but we'll be there Thursday nights... brrrrrrrrr!!!

Bwahaha! I have to say that the at first our decision to opt for Sunday was: "Hmm, when we start work again, if we work late or there are traffic jams (all those stupid road works in Canberra right now!!) then we might be late."

Then it was: "Oh gawd, standing around at night in the cold and the dark. Brrr!" We're hoping Sunday morning will at least be sunny even if it's quite cold. I was amused when the info pack said: "Class will continue even if there is rain." My OH and I will need to buy raincoats now just in case because doing obedience with a brolly just wouldn't work ...

Bwahaha! I have to say that the at first our decision to opt for Sunday was: "Hmm, when we start work again, if we work late or there are traffic jams (all those stupid road works in Canberra right now!!) then we might be late."

Then it was: "Oh gawd, standing around at night in the cold and the dark. Brrr!" We're hoping Sunday morning will at least be sunny even if it's quite cold. I was amused when the info pack said: "Class will continue even if there is rain." My OH and I will need to buy raincoats now just in case because doing obedience with a brolly just wouldn't work ...

Yes... road works.. can't get from one side of town to the other without getting stuck somewhere!! Grrrrr!!

Can't wait for daylight saving, at least there will be some light for us! Hrm... maybe we'll just have to opt for Sunday classes next session! :)

Rain coats is a very good idea! We will definitely have to invest in a couple, can't wait for classes to start! Yay!!

Awesome :D

We're starting obedience too, but we'll be there Thursday nights... brrrrrrrrr!!!

The week before last we trained in the rain :) It was bloody freezing, couldn't feel my hands. The dogs didn't seem to mind, although they got very dirty, and lots (including my little princess) wouldn't drop on the wet grass. Then we let them have a play afterwards, there was a lot of mud......... but they are puppies ;)

Hey Clastic and koala, which club are you going to for obedience?

We go to BDOC at Mitchell. Saxon just graduated Beginners and we start Bronze on Thurs 17 June. I hope you guys go there so I can meet your puppies! I recommend a jacket, scarf and I just got some fingerless gloves (I know, not the coolest, but you need fingers to get treats out :) ).

Obedience is fun! Saxon is funny, as soon as he realises he's at the place where he gets extra good treats he gets totally focused on me, like he's going "quick quick tell me what to do so I can have some cheese!". He never wants me to pat or cuddle him when we're there either, it's like "no time for this mum, back to the treats!!".

The week before last we trained in the rain :rofl: It was bloody freezing, couldn't feel my hands. The dogs didn't seem to mind, although they got very dirty, and lots (including my little princess) wouldn't drop on the wet grass. Then we let them have a play afterwards, there was a lot of mud......... but they are puppies :p

oooooh mud, you know how my little guy likes to get dirty! Along with everyone else!

I think the amount of layers I will have on, I will resemble a marshmellow! :(

We go to BDOC at Mitchell. Saxon just graduated Beginners and we start Bronze on Thurs 17 June. I hope you guys go there so I can meet your puppies! I recommend a jacket, scarf and I just got some fingerless gloves (I know, not the coolest, but you need fingers to get treats out :eat: ).

Obedience is fun! Saxon is funny, as soon as he realises he's at the place where he gets extra good treats he gets totally focused on me, like he's going "quick quick tell me what to do so I can have some cheese!". He never wants me to pat or cuddle him when we're there either, it's like "no time for this mum, back to the treats!!".

"Muuuuuum, all my friends will see you giving me cuddles....!"

Me and the rascal will be headed to BDOC also :p

You can see how much he has grown! Won't have him on the first week though.. in-take talk, but on Thurs 24 he shall be there! Will keep an eye out for you and Saxon!

I shall be rugged up! Fingerless gloves are fantastic! I like having the use of my fingers, even though they would get a touch cold...

"Muuuuuum, all my friends will see you giving me cuddles....!"

:(:rofl: I hadn't thought of that, he's just trying to look cool and tough in front of all the big dogs!

Can't wait to see how Mars has grown, he look so gorgeous in the photos, as does beautiful Pepper :p :p

Ava is the same, they always tell us to "relax" the puppies by patting them but Ava just squirms and stares at the treat bag when I try :(

We go to BDOC at Mitchell. Saxon just graduated Beginners and we start Bronze on Thurs 17 June. I hope you guys go there so I can meet your puppies! I recommend a jacket, scarf and I just got some fingerless gloves (I know, not the coolest, but you need fingers to get treats out :rofl: ).

We're going to BDOC as well but we'll be starting the Sunday beginners class, alas. Perhaps there will be a club gathering at which we'll get to meet you and Saxon :( Thanks to you and wuffles, I've just told my OH that we have to add fingerless gloves and a raincoat to our shopping list!

Also, what do you use for a treats bag? The pet shop had a bag for almost $20 which seemed a little crazy. Normally we carry our treats for puppy class in a little ziplock bag but that won't be so convenient for obedience classes!