Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Guest rhy&ge

Well it's official - we have a gorgeous mini poodle on the way! He will be arriving with us the first week in June. I'm so excited - I don't know where to start!!! :thumbsup::rofl::o

Guest rhy&ge

He's an apricot poodle. Mum and dad are both from pure apricot lines. Sounds tasty right? :clap:

We have a month to prepare ourselves.... No idea where to start, but reading ALOT!

Guest Panzer Attack!

anna - yay! Another lappie? They really do have the most serious baby faces, I remember thinking the same thing about Halo. Gorgeous! Has he got a name yet or are you gonna wait until he comes home? I had about 10 different theoretical names for Scooter until he arrived and I realised that Scooter really suited him. Of course now I know it's a fairly common Pap name... d'oh!

Congrats on your soon to be baby, drifter! My friends named their yellow lab Crumpet and it really suits him! :laugh: He's a crazy character, but so full of love and goodness.

rhy≥ - JEALOUS! I want a poodle. A white one. I will call him Manchester and Chester or Chessie for short. Not that I've put much thought into it. Either a mini or a standard. But not for a while!!

anna - yay! Another lappie? They really do have the most serious baby faces, I remember thinking the same thing about Halo. Gorgeous!

They definitely do have serious faces as babies! But they're definitely not serious as they get older!

8weekssm.jpg

Serious 7 week old bubba

hales4.jpg

Cheeky monkey at 21 weeks and not serious at all

(both photos taken by the wonderful Evolving)

:eek:

WA, Halo looks like she is having THE BEST TIME EVER in that second photo! I love the way Lappies smile :laugh:

Panzer, we're tentatively calling him Finn at this stage ;) I didn't make the connection between the name Finn and the breed Finnish Lapphund until after I'd decided I was in love with it :o Might possibly go with Flynn instead. I also like Henry. We'll see when he gets here, it took us a couple of weeks to settle on Joss :clap:

And I can understand why Scooter is such a popular Pap name!

I am donning my flame suit here but I am too excited to not mention it....we are getting a Rescue Puppy! She is a Poodle cross something and we are really excited! Seems like a long time since we had a baby here (even if she is a mutt) She arrives tomorrow afternoon and we are busy assembling our baby puppy kit!

Panzer, we're tentatively calling him Finn at this stage :shrug: I didn't make the connection between the name Finn and the breed Finnish Lapphund until after I'd decided I was in love with it ;) Might possibly go with Flynn instead. I also like Henry. We'll see when he gets here, it took us a couple of weeks to settle on Joss :o

Anna it only recently dawned on me (dawn not right word- people pointing it out in the Spitz thread) that Finn was short for the country of origin! And I'm hopefully getting a lappie puppy soon! I had been wondering throughout all of my research why there were so many lappie Finn's in the country. I have a nephew named Finn, perhaps why I didn't make the connection.

Have been wondering if there are loads of Australian breed dogs overseas called 'Oz' :)

That's exciting Brooke! No flames from me (I have a BYB purebred, so I can't really talk), and it's still a puppy and cute!

Ambrosia, lappies are the best. I adore my husky, but my lappie is my little angel (by name, sometimes not by nature) and I'll definitely have more lappies in the future. Would like a boy next, though I'm not sure OH would agree with me on that one!

That's exciting Brooke! No flames from me (I have a BYB purebred, so I can't really talk), and it's still a puppy and cute!

Ambrosia, lappies are the best. I adore my husky, but my lappie is my little angel (by name, sometimes not by nature) and I'll definitely have more lappies in the future. Would like a boy next, though I'm not sure OH would agree with me on that one!

Everyone seems to say lappies are addictive ;)