Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Hehehe thanks everyone :)

Cassie after your PM I thought I better sneak off and look for a photo of your new boy and found some in here. All I can say is WOW :love: he is absolutely adorable. I can't wait to meet him and have you out there showing with us, I love Berners.

CONGRATULATIONS :cheer: and aren't you lucky that one just fell in your hands so easily, must be meant to be ;)

Glad you like him! Looking forward to making our showing debut also, will be nice to catch up with you again :)

Cassie. my friend got a bernese a couple of weeks ago, his name is gavin he is adorable. have you had one before? if not I'm sure you will love him.

Yes I've got a 6.5 year old Bernese currently, named Zephyr. He is from the same breeder Moose is coming from, but he's not a show dog. I got him when I was 17 which seems like a lifetime ago!!! :laugh: He is my big baby and I love him to death, if Moose is half the dog Zephyr is I'll be pleased :)

:D Seems like I was just in this thread.

Tessie's breeder is so happy with what she has been doing she has offered me another puppy. Mating was only last week, so I have until the end of September to wait.

An update on Tess, she is 5 months old now and has so far won a Baby Puppy in Show and a Baby of Breed from 3 shows. She loves herding and can already get the sheep around the HT test, just can't do anything official until she is 6 months, so first herding test will be on 3 July, then another at the end of July. If she goes well she will have her first title at 7 months old. Lol, she also has her photo in this months DogsNSW magazine!

Obedience wise she does good 30 sec stays from 10m, drops on recall, drops and sits from 10m away, understands her automatic sits when heeling, plus drop and stand. She has started take, hold and give of a dumbbell. Heeling I'm working hard at making it all fun for her in drive, so if she gives me a few meters of super attentive heeling then she gets her tug toy reward.

Phew! lucky she loves learning, all this gets trained on our walks through the park each morning, so I hardly ever do anything formal except for her show training once a week.

Tess is an Aust. Cattle Dog and I can't wait to work with another, which will be my 4th ACD. 17 weeks to wait!!

Inevitablue how exciting! Tess will be happy to have another puppy to play with I'm sure.

I remember seeing Tess's winning Dogs NSW 'puppy of the month' picture. My Japanese Spitz, Angelo won it the month after Tess :)

Inevitablue how exciting! Tess will be happy to have another puppy to play with I'm sure.

I remember seeing Tess's winning Dogs NSW 'puppy of the month' picture. My Japanese Spitz, Angelo won it the month after Tess :)

I saw Angelos photo, sooo cute. You will have the hard copy print in no time :thumbsup:

This pup wasnt 100% in my plans, but OH is keen to have a go at show handling, and I'm so happy with her that another from the same sire excites me. Definately a male this time.

This morning I got the chance to catch up with this thread properly. OMG, I love Bernese puppies :D How dejavu, seeing them is a rarity but met two this week. A 6 month old boy and an elderly old girl.

Bring on more photos everyone!

I will add some more after this weekend. A 2 day herding clinic with real working dogs....lol

We are picking up our Curly Coat Retriever pups in the beginning of July. One is called Freddie (Freddie Mercury - Queen) and the other is Angus (Angus Young AC/DC). = 4+ weeks to go.

Edited by EVO8Gold

meet sutton, havent decided on a home name yet.

He slept most of the night in front of the heater,then in his crate in our bedroom when i went to bed. He didnt like it very much so left the tv on for him.

Up at 6am for breakfast and toilet. Had a play with the other dogs and now hes sleeping again! Going to take some time adjusting to a puppy routine lol

post-39703-0-88529900-1306916341_thumb.jpg

post-39703-0-65842100-1306916358_thumb.jpg

Thanks everyone! He is very loved here,he is asleep in our lounge right now. I didnt have the heart to move him into his crate yet.

Of course this will change once he settles in and gets naughty lol

Booked into puppy school,but couldnt get him in until the 30th! So have to find another location which does suck.

He is loving the bag of eukanuba i got for free at the vet,might keep him on that if he likes it so much.

The vet receptionest also suggested getting his second vac at 9 weeks so he can start puppy pre school asap,his last was 6 weeks. Is that right?

Disappointed that i ordered a snooza pet futon and puppy kong online on the vets 4 pets website so i could pick it up at my local clinic,i havent recieved it still. I paid via paypal on the 16th :confused: Was on the phone yesterday trying to sort it out and was meant to be called back today.Guess they forgot about me!

Anyway...lol

Oh and i dont like the name sooty sorry! my gran had a poodle named that and it was a terror! lol

Ah right, the last thing you want to do is name him something that reminds you of a horror dog. Makes perfect sense.

I love the name Sutton itself. Are you definitely going to give him a pet name as such, don't want to stick with Sutton?

He is very, very sweet :D

I really like the name Sutton :o Are you a human-names-for-animals person?

Good question! As you can see by my dogs, I clearly am, all of my pets apart from one horse and my first pet a budgie have/had human names. But some people really don't like that approach. Just to confuse the issue my budgie was called Snoopy :laugh:

I'm big on human names too :) I have always loved Bronte as a name for a dog (a friend has a chocolate Lab called Bronte).

I received this photo of our boy today and thought it was too cute not to share:

29q04uh.png

9 sleeps to go here :D

We may just call him sutton. Well its already been shortened to sutty so far lol

Im no good at names. My other dogs name is coco and my horse is alfie and bluey, so not exactly unique :laugh:

I cant really stand silly names for dogs, i couldnt imagine myself calling out "princess" or something like that lol

So we may just keep sutton !

anna: oh my hes beautiful!

lucious I LOVE Sutton, I think it really suits a manly dog too :D

Ambrosia she does, doesn't she? I get all these beautiful photos of him looking at the camera! So clever. I can't even get my kids to look at the camera :laugh: