Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

I'm concerned about one thing; The fact that he's coming home in the evening, plus my last-minute decision to sleep him in his crate, make things a bit awkward for that first night. I mean, he's going to be upset, no doubt about that, so spending the night in there so soon after being introduced to it...? I'm worried that, no matter how many treats and praise I use while introducing him to it, it'll all be undone by "locking him up" so soon.

image-6.jpg

Oh my Cassie he is the cutest fluffball I have ever seen! How on earth do you get anything done? I would just want to play with him all day :D

How has Sumo settled in?

Thankyou! And yes he is the biggest time waster! I haven't done any washing or vacuuming or anything at all since he came home! :laugh: Yesterday I sat and watched him and Moose play for ages, it actually started to get dark outside which is what made me realise it was probably time to organise some dinner :o

He's settled in really well. Moose and Sumo are inseparable already :) We've had lots of visitors come around and he's just taken it all in his stride. I've never had such a confident pup! He's a real credit to his breeder and parents.

I'm concerned about one thing; The fact that he's coming home in the evening, plus my last-minute decision to sleep him in his crate, make things a bit awkward for that first night. I mean, he's going to be upset, no doubt about that, so spending the night in there so soon after being introduced to it...? I'm worried that, no matter how many treats and praise I use while introducing him to it, it'll all be undone by "locking him up" so soon.

Sumo carried on a lot on the first night in his crate, but last night he actually went and put himself to bed in there :thumbsup: We shut the door after him and there were no complaints at all. So your pup may whinge etc initially but things will always get better and easier with each day :) Stay positive, I'm sure it'll be fine! :)

I can't really help with this one cos my boy ran straight in there when he got home. Maybe just play around the crate for a while and throw some treats in there? Not sure! I did the whole close/open door for a few seconds thing too before I actually locked it.

Nacho didn't really use his crate until the first night. There was plenty of carry on but you just need to be strong and ignore it. It's hard but trust me its worth it!! Nacho has literally not made a peep since the 3rd night and he loves his crate. :)

Just paid for my first order from Cleanrun and also bought a collar, leash and shampoo and conditioner all on special yesterday. Crate being ordered on Monday! This is going to be a long 6 weeks!

Oh you guys!!!! All the babies are goooooooorgeous!!!

I've hit the next phase, envy!

I was thinking of maybe naming my puppy Envy, if its a girl. :)

I am so bad at names but I want something good.