Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

I've cleaned the house top to bottom and tried to puppy proof as much as I can. Just waiting on Hubby to finish work and bring dinner home.

Also bit off topic but my sister will be on ACA tonight as helping her friend with a brain tumour. She will also be on Domestic Blitz on Sunday.

Just a quick pop in, pick up went well been to the vet got a couple of issues, wont be around much over the weekend pretty upset. When things are better I will pop back in, this is nothing to do with where we got him they have been great they are also gutted. It has just been something that happens and we are now taking the weekend to decide if he stays or goes back, at this stage he will most likely go back as we can't afford to put up the thousands of dollars to get things sorted.

he has bilaterally dislocating hips which has a high predictive index of developing hip dysplasia.

This is something that we are talking about I am also going to get a second opinion tomorrow. I had not organised insurance because I did not know some details and now it will be too late.

the breeder has been great and they are upset too, the ball is in our court to decide, but at the end of the day he cost a lot of money then to have these huge bills in the near future well I don't think we could afford it

Hi everyone :rolleyes:

Hope it's ok if I join you, I have been lurking for awhile but have finally decided to post :)

I am hoping this year to add an new additin to the fur family, I am hoping to get a Cavalier King Charles baby in August, breeder has 2 bitches that are due to come in season in April and I will have pick of the litter (after her of course) so hopefully there will be a little girl in there for us :) Just hoping the 2 bitches don't have entire male litters :scold::laugh:

I am taking it slow in buying the puppy parafanalia (spelling?) but have so far purchased a crate and 2 puppy toys :(

Didles, I am so sorry you are going through all this heartbreak, it must be devestating for you and your children :(

Jodi

he has bilaterally dislocating hips which has a high predictive index of developing hip dysplasia.

This is something that we are talking about I am also going to get a second opinion tomorrow. I had not organised insurance because I did not know some details and now it will be too late.

the breeder has been great and they are upset too, the ball is in our court to decide, but at the end of the day he cost a lot of money then to have these huge bills in the near future well I don't think we could afford it

I thought most breeders provided insurance for the pups for 2-6 weeks? How sucky that yours didn't then!! :)

Didles, that's really just heartbreaking. I feel for your family and the poor little guy!

James is a total sleepyhead. I forsee and early morning as I think I've put him to sleep far too early. Although, on the upside, there was only about 10 seconds of crying; he was so tired. Totally slipped my mind to ask his breeder his litter's approximate usual waking time, so here's hoping he's just had a very long day and will sleep through the night. Realistically, I think I'll have an energetic puppy awake in the wee hours of the morning :)

My vet said it is not something that they can pick up at the 6 week check as they aren't moving about much then. Not to my knowledge about the insurance will look into it. They have been great, the breeders, rang me straight back and understand it is a hard call for us, we keep changing ours minds.