Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Toliet training pfft, puddles everywhere, although he did this morning for miss 12 and at my parents, we will get there, only positive is that the carpet is black and I will get it cleaned when we are done. So glad everyones babies are well.

Toliet training pfft, puddles everywhere, although he did this morning for miss 12 and at my parents, we will get there, only positive is that the carpet is black and I will get it cleaned when we are done. So glad everyones babies are well.

I've got wooden floors in our living area and was just thinking how lucky I was that I don't have carpets.. :thumbsup:

JaxD, I hear you on the up and down nature of toilet training! We've already had one accident today.

FD26, you must be so excited! Can't wait to hear from you when he's home!

Littlehoot, we've only gone out for 20-30 minute periods, always leaving someone quietly in the house to listen for a reaction and all he's done is slept. I'm back at uni this week so his big test is Thursday when he'll be all alone for about 5 hours. I'll be interested in how Lola goes :thumbsup:

I wish he'd start showing some food interest. He likes to roll his kong about when it's empty, but full... He won't have anything to do with it for more that a couple of minutes.

My turn to finally share pictures (with permission of course)! :thumbsup:

As some of you may know I've been searching a while now for a Corgi pup. Recently I was fortunate enough to find and put a deposit on one from Lesley @ Merthyr. I just received the puppy pictures below over the weekend and now the wait is going to be even more painful!

The puppies are about 4 weeks now I believe. There are two litters... one from NZ Ch Merthyr Harly Any At All and Ch Merthyr Wanda Be Shayd O'Lace. The pics with 2 pups are from Shayd and the pics with 3 pups are from Harly. Lesley will be keeping one so depending on which she chooses I will have a choice of 2-3 since I'm looking for a male.

Still about 3 months to go before I will see the pup and not sure how I'm going to get through it. Hopefully I will get lots more pictures during this time to ease the pain... :thumbsup:

20kuct5.jpg

Boy, Girl

107o21h.jpg

Boy, Girl

vebwhk.jpg

Girl, Boy, Boy

b6ev0m.jpg

Girl, Boy, Boy

do6jd1.jpg

Boy, Girl, Boy

30kt4kl.jpg

Boy, Girl, Boy

I wish he'd start showing some food interest. He likes to roll his kong about when it's empty, but full... He won't have anything to do with it for more that a couple of minutes.

I'm assuming you've tried different things to pique his interest? Badger isn't interested in kibble as treats or stuffed in his kong but if I stuff in some Happy Paws treats, a few small bits of cheese and seal it off with some Kong Puppy Paste (I know its expensive but he loves it and its just to get him started.. ) then he's really focussed.. If you have tried different things, then I have no advice for you, sorry! :thumbsup:

Well, he's home! He's been here 2 hours and I'm exhausted lol!! He's got so much more energy than our last pup, I think it'll take some getting used to! He's also veeeery vocal, and has been having fun barking at the cats lol. He cries when I don't follow him around :) and we've already had one poo inside lol. Off to an interesting start!

He's the cutest thing though, I'll put some pics up after coffee and a break when my OH gets home lol. He was looking really sleepy so I put him in his crate for a time out, but he's not having a bar of it, he's in there howling his little head off lol. The breeder did warn me that he doesn't like being in a crate or any kind of enclosure lol. Hopefully he'll get used to it after some time, if anyone has any advice that'd be great though.

Well, he's home! He's been here 2 hours and I'm exhausted lol!! He's got so much more energy than our last pup, I think it'll take some getting used to! He's also veeeery vocal, and has been having fun barking at the cats lol. He cries when I don't follow him around :) and we've already had one poo inside lol. Off to an interesting start!

He's the cutest thing though, I'll put some pics up after coffee and a break when my OH gets home lol. He was looking really sleepy so I put him in his crate for a time out, but he's not having a bar of it, he's in there howling his little head off lol. The breeder did warn me that he doesn't like being in a crate or any kind of enclosure lol. Hopefully he'll get used to it after some time, if anyone has any advice that'd be great though.

So no more peace for you then? :o Glad he got home safely and is settling in.. The toilet training fun is just beginning.. Just ask Niques and I! :love:

Have you given him a chew toy in his crate? A stuffed kong or something? We were really lucky and Badger settled in his crate straight away with hardly any whining but I know Ian Dunbar advocates always leaving a chew toy with them in their crate to occupy them..

Itching to see some pics.. What's his name?

Hungrypillow - oh what a hard choice you are going to have - they are all so gorgeous.

FD26 - Cant wait for photos - looks like you are up to a flying start!!

Niques - Lucy is EXACTLY the same she has no interest in treats what so ever nor food. Am thinking I might have to start the clickeer thing, she does go well on praise, got no idea where to start with the clicker thing. Can anyone point me in the right direction. She also has no interest in the Kong whatsoever

Oh on another note - what is your puppies FAVOURITE GAME? For Lucy the only thing she really loves is a pulling game with a towel and I know that isnt good for her - so what does your pup love??

oakeydoak1, go and have a look at www.clickerlessons.com.. It'll give you a great place to start and each of the lessons can be printed out to keep with you. If you search on the forum under the Training forum, there are also lots of threads on clicker training which give good websites to start, good books etc. You can also have a look at YouTube to see some clicker training in action..

Badger is definitely a terrier! His favourite game is attacking his leopard which has about 6 squeakers in it... Shaking and 'killing' it.. Also loves "pull that towel", "steal the sock", "chew the lead" and my personal favourite "play with a leaf in the rain while mum is standing there soaking waiting for him to poo.." :)

FD26, I know how you feel, Ava is such a ball of energy and she too hates her crate :) I have a DVD called Crate Games that you might like to look into. It's generally for people into dog sports, but it has some great basic crate training games. Once I find the time to do more of the exercises I think things will get better.

For those of you having trouble finding food your pup will work for, have you tried BBQ chicken? I've never known a dog to refuse it :love:

Our older dog is still quite unimpressed about the crazy puppy jumping on his face when he's trying to rest. He's telling her off but only half-heartedly so she backs off for a few seconds then goes back at him. Feeling very guilty because he is unhappy :o I'm sure once she learns to play a bit nicer he will like her more and start to enjoy her company. I wish that would come sooner though...

Favorite game??? Ha, he plays for about 15 mins then sleeps for 3 hours! He does like a ball my mum got that makes a noise he goes crazy at it, he also just like rolling around and playing but he does tend to get rough.

Ok guys, my camera was being silly lol so I was only able to get one good one today! I'll get some more later on. He chilled out this afternoon, and is now soundly sleeping in his crate. :)

post-33077-1267435832_thumb.jpg

So no more peace for you then? :birthday: Glad he got home safely and is settling in.. The toilet training fun is just beginning.. Just ask Niques and I! :o

Have you given him a chew toy in his crate? A stuffed kong or something? We were really lucky and Badger settled in his crate straight away with hardly any whining but I know Ian Dunbar advocates always leaving a chew toy with them in their crate to occupy them..

Itching to see some pics.. What's his name?

We gave him a little rope chew toy for his crate, and his favorite blanky. He's happy in there now because he's exhausted lol, but OH is waking him up now and feeding him so that he'll sleep tonight, hope that goes well! Aww, he's just come and lied down next to me and is giving me a big stare lol. He was literally screaming before in his crate lol - I have a massive headache.

We've named him Joker. :cheer: We had decided on it before but thought we'd see if it fit him and it seems to! :laugh: