Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Jules - Awwww he is so sweet, I love the spotty nose!

Niques - That is so cute that he put himself to bed...and what a cute little duck toy.

Bluefairy - That looks great, you are very talented!!

Update on us - last night went well. I left my bedroom door open a little (glass door out to the garden) and Ruby let herself out to wee/poo at about 2.30am and again at 5.30am!! Still have wee accidents of a morning while the kids are getting ready for school. Maybe she is distracted by them?

Aww guys, the pups are looking so cute!! I still haven't got enough energy to take any more pics of Joker :laugh:

Bluefairy, you're a crazy dog lady already and you don't evne have your pup yet!! :):(

KritalJay - I'm so excited for you, and hanging out for photos!! :eek:

Update on us - last night went well. I left my bedroom door open a little (glass door out to the garden) and Ruby let herself out to wee/poo at about 2.30am and again at 5.30am!! Still have wee accidents of a morning while the kids are getting ready for school. Maybe she is distracted by them?

Aww, what a good girl! We're have a hard time with Joker. I think we must have gotten the best puppy in the world last time around, so we weren't expecting quite this much work! lol

He has lots of accidents inside still, even right after coming in! He's just not understanding the concept yet, so when he does go outside he's getting praised like nothing else lol. Now he seems to understand that when I put him in the grass he needs to do a wee and that I like that lol, but he still doesn't understand the not doing it in the house or on the verandah part of the deal. He had his first poo in the yard this morning for my son, which was exciting lol.

Aww well, all in due time. He's a gorgeous little guy with so much personality, but he sure is a handful lol. I wish my OH had been able to get time off work, but he's got a really busy week of course, which is making everything a little bit harder..

Very cute pics Jules.

Sorry for no Lola pics yesterday but we have a fire 3kms from home so I am just prepared incase.

FD26, Joker will get used to it soon. Lola cried twice the first night and Sunday night, Monday night only once and last night slept through without a toilet stop until 7am. So I think its just a case of ignore if possible. When I take her outside I say toilet and give her a treat. So basically she gets rewarded for going outside but doesnt if she has an accident. I guess as Pugs love food it makes it easier. Also Lola only has one sleep of about an hour and a half around 1ish.

Didles how is Winston going?

I think Badger is a real character.

FD26, been following your thread in Puppy Problems.. Oh dear! You must be exhausted! We've been lucky with Badger in that he settles virtually immediately in his crate and only whines to go to toilet but after a week and a half of getting up 2 to 3 times a night (the sleep-through only lasted that one night) I'm feeling a bit like a zombie so can only imagine how you must be feeling!

Badger was shnuffling around in the bushes for around 20 minutes now then ran inside so I went over to the bushes to see if I could see if he'd done a poo but couldn't see anything. I come inside and he's done one inside on the floor!! I was only about 3 minutes behind him! Aarrghh!! I feel so frustrated again.. :) Taking supreme effort not to let it out on him and just to calmly clean it up.. At least, his poos are beautifully formed so they're easy to pick up! (Oh no.. now I'm discussing poo consistency.. Whatever next? :eek: )

littlehoot and RedRuby.. Your pups seem to be getting the hang of things faster than the rest of us.. Good on ya! :(

Jules46, Love your pics! That freckly nose is gorgeous!

KritalJay.. Only 2 more sleeps!

Niques, I'm interested to hear how last night went.. Did you leave him in his half-crate? :laugh:

What a cute guy, Flynn is! He looks incredibly soft in that first picture.

Hope the fire stays back, littlehoot! Lola only has one daytime nap? I don't know what I'd do if James didn't sleep so much - it's a welcome reprieve! Particlarly in the mornings - he generally gets about 45 minutes of play before breakfast, and then within an hour/hour and a half of waking up, he's back to sleep :(

FD26, how did last night go? Any improvement from the first night? I think the most frustrating accidents are the ones that happen right after you've just taken them out. We had one of those this morning - I'd literally just put him down on the floor after coming inside and he did a wee.

So close, KritalJay! Hope the next couple of days pass quickly!

Very crafty, bluefairy!

He slept to 6am this morning! I was very happy to note the time! And we seem to be sticking to only having one toilet stop in the night.

How's everyone's basic training (sit, come, etc.) coming along? James is starting to get the impression of when we expect him to sit (before food, when he's jumping/overexcited and before toys, etc.) and will happily do so, but otherwise he has very selective hearing :)

At least, his poos are beautifully formed so they're easy to pick up! (Oh no.. now I'm discussing poo consistency.. Whatever next? :) )

:( James did a poo inside this morning (I had noted that he wanted to go outside but was in the middle of cleaning where he'd dragged his chicken mince across the floor - too slow, again!) and I did have a think to myself that it was an excellent consistency to pickup! Didn't even stick to the floor. I bury his outside poos so this was the first time I've had to do the pickup.

I don't think he slept in his semi-crate last night. He was on the floor when I went to bed and out on the floor again when he was crying for his toilet stop, so it seems he's only keen on it upstairs as his day bed.

Thanks everyone,

:) at everyone talking about poo consistency and cleaning up after their little ones.....sounds just like a Parenting Forum :( I can tell you I don't miss that part of having a puppy :) I'm not sure how I will go with my pup, I can be such a heavy sleeper.....you have to be when you have a cat that claws at the cat door most of the night.....I wish I could train her to behave. She sleeps in the laundry, last pup we had we put them both in the laundry at night, the cat woke the dog up every morning at 5-6am.....I think she does it just to nark us.... :eek: This time I am going to put the pup in the lounge and the cat in the laundry at night....but you can still hear the cat all over the house, but we have all learned to sleep through it :laugh:

Flynn is so cute, I love the roan colour.

Lynn

Niques - Yes I have a breeder and parents lined up for my little man. I was actually on the recent waiting list of hers for a brown pup, but she decided to keep him :) . I've since given up on waiting for a brown (way too many years waiting!) and am going to get a little black boy. I am going to meet the breeder when I go down to Sydney this month for my sisters wedding. Am I allowed to name kennels and that on here?

Jules - Flynn is gorgeous! His name really suits him too :(

JaxD - Love the photos of Badger! Keep them coming!

Hi to everyone else!!!!!!!

Hi everyone :rofl:

My crate arrived this morning :laugh: so of course I have had a bit of a play with it :laugh:

Here is a pic of it semi set up, the divider isn't in properly but you get the idea, LOL

2010_0226Puppy0006-1.jpg

Only another 5(ish) months to go :rofl:

Jodi

To all those who still need to wait months and months for their puppy (like myself), do you ever get worried that by the time it is THE time, that the bitch won't be in pup? I've had it happen to me before and it's really REALLY upsetting.

I know I shouldn't think about stuff like that, but I can't help it. Almost 3yrs I have been waiting for a newfie :laugh:

Jodie ~ Looks identical to my crate :rofl: Mines set up too :)

MAD ~ I know what you mean. I don't have a breeder or my name on a list yet :laugh: I just don't want to commit myself when I am still saving up the money. I do keep thinking that $2,500 to $4,000 is a hell of a lot of money for one pup....which we haven't had much luck in health wise...our last pup, from a breeder of Aussie Bulldogs, was PTS because of her having cancer at 11 months. We spent $1,000's on vet bills trying to find out what was wrong with her (bouts of illness and being fine), found she had cancer but they didn't know where it was. As we live in country SA, paying more $$$$ for more testing and having to board her we thought wasn't fair, and she was so sick most of the time and so miserable, so we let her go. She was my 2nd Aussie Bulldog to get cancer (the other one was 8 when she was PTS). I am just so worried it might happen again.....well not worried terrified would be a better word :laugh: plus we want a puppy so badly, that I keep thinking maybe getting another, easier to get, cheaper breed might be better......I just don't know. I just don't want to make a decision and regret it later, if you know what I mean? :rofl:

Ghee getting a puppy is so hard sometimes.....

BF

Jodie ~ Looks identical to my crate :rofl: Mines set up too :)

MAD ~ I know what you mean. I don't have a breeder or my name on a list yet :laugh: I just don't want to commit myself when I am still saving up the money. I do keep thinking that $2,500 to $4,000 is a hell of a lot of money for one pup....which we haven't had much luck in health wise...our last pup, from a breeder of Aussie Bulldogs, was PTS because of her having cancer at 11 months. We spent $1,000's on vet bills trying to find out what was wrong with her (bouts of illness and being fine), found she had cancer but they didn't know where it was. As we live in country SA, paying more $$$$ for more testing and having to board her we thought wasn't fair, and she was so sick most of the time and so miserable, so we let her go. She was my 2nd Aussie Bulldog to get cancer (the other one was 8 when she was PTS). I am just so worried it might happen again.....well not worried terrified would be a better word :laugh: plus we want a puppy so badly, that I keep thinking maybe getting another, easier to get, cheaper breed might be better......I just don't know. I just don't want to make a decision and regret it later, if you know what I mean? :rofl:

Ghee getting a puppy is so hard sometimes.....

BF

Ohhhhhh Bluefairy whereabouts do you live? I'm in Country SA too, PM me if you like :)

To all those who still need to wait months and months for their puppy (like myself), do you ever get worried that by the time it is THE time, that the bitch won't be in pup? I've had it happen to me before and it's really REALLY upsetting.

I know I shouldn't think about stuff like that, but I can't help it. Almost 3yrs I have been waiting for a newfie :rofl:

I am a little worried but my breeder has 2 bitches due to come in season next month so hopefully one of them at least gets up the duff :laugh: Knowing my luck though they'll both have boy litters :laugh:

Hi Everyone,

I am looking to get a Japanese Spitz. We have approached a breedr and after telling me she got a bitch which is going to be in season soon but I have to wait till August for Japanese Spitz. Its such a long wait!! I am afraid that there are lots of people on her waiting list (she is a famous Jap Spitz breeder). I am not sure that if I wait, I will be able get a puppy or not. Do breeders tell people how many are on their waiting list?

Thanks

Nicola

Hi Nicola,

Jap spitz are so cute as pups, and beautiful dogs - although i have never owned one .

I dont like the term 'waiting list'. it makes you feel so put back, tehy should call it something else.

You will rarely be told how many are waiting, but they will usually tell you when your at the top!

I have been waiting for my girl so long, hopefully getting her next week.

but i am buying interstate, its so hard to find wht you wan , when you want it - close by.

i have been waiting since last August, so i guess time will fly x

Jodi ~ I have pm'd you :laugh:

Nicola ~ The 'waiting list', yep agree the name should change, when you know the female has puppies, contact the breeder and ask if you might be getting a puppy this litter? They usually do the pups in order of who's first, who wants a male or female, etc. Some people with specific wants usually get passed over if what they want is not there, like a black female, etc. So the next name on the list is called. They don't tell you how many is on the list, just where you are in relation to it, eg: near the top. You will just have to keep in contact. Spreading your bets interstate is a better and faster way of getting a puppy. Ask on the Breed Specific Threads for recommendations or ask the JS Club. Good Luck.

PoppyX ~ Frenchies are hard to find, so I will probably end up getting a pup from interstate too. Good Luck with your pup. Not long now.

BF