Name Those Hard Working Stewards

Ceilidh

Ok, I got this idea from the Lang Lang thread where someone is saying what a great steward they had. So....... I want you to give thumbs up for your favourite steward. Out of five.

I will start off with Vicky Rose she is a fairly new steward but always helpful, loud clear voice, knows her job and is ALWAYS pleasant. So to Vicky :rofl::eek::):rock: :p

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Sarge"

That man has been around as long as I can remember and I think he was my ring steward for my very first show. He's an awesome bloke to have a joke with, he can lay a bit of shit on you and is the master of giving you a hard time :rofl:

He does a whole lot more than just keeping the ring going, I think he's got a sixth sense and can smell a nervous exhibitor a mile off.

"Sarge"

That man has been around as long as I can remember and I think he was my ring steward for my very first show. He's an awesome bloke to have a joke with, he can lay a bit of shit on you and is the master of giving you a hard time :eek:

He does a whole lot more than just keeping the ring going, I think he's got a sixth sense and can smell a nervous exhibitor a mile off.

Oh I have to agree with this, the guy is fantastic and so nice. :rofl:

But don't be too late your call :)

Edited by Wolfsong

I will second Vicky but also Karen (?) who has Tibetan Terriers and some guy with a cowboy hat ;) who pays everyone out.

That is Sarge :cheer:

Sarge = Legend :)

A funny story ... I had brunch at a friends place. I didn't know the other guests but had a great time. After the other guests left, friend and I continued to chat (for hours LOL). The subject of stewards came up and I described my favourite steward (the one with the cowboy hat that is tough but fair and not averse to playing a joke on a competitor). Turns out that this is 'Sarge' and I had been sitting opposite him earlier in the day at brunch ;) . I didn't recognise him without his hat :rofl::(

Ok, I got this idea from the Lang Lang thread where someone is saying what a great steward they had. So....... I want you to give thumbs up for your favourite steward. Out of five.

I will start off with Vicky Rose she is a fairly new steward but always helpful, loud clear voice, knows her job and is ALWAYS pleasant. So to Vicky :laugh::thumbsup::thumbsup::eek::o

Lou from Central QLD. "Thats it shows over for you" always a laugh. :D :D

I second Lou!! anyone who says they miss their call when Lou is stewarding is just plain lying...surprised you cant hear her down Brisbane way, hard to miss her really LOL

Always has the judges and exbibitors in stitches too :laugh::cry:

In Victoria, Group 1 specifically Vic!!! He has us very very well trained. :laugh:

I second Vic, he is a good steward and when we have 200+ dogs in group 1, if he isnt in charge i know it going to be a long day, No one else organises certain breeds better (I wont name the breeds, but the exhibitors are hopeless at knowing which dogs they own are supposed to be in the ring)

Another is Len Goffin, he is a lovely personable guy and one that no longer stewards, but was absolutley brilliant, Reg Crabb. We miss him :-(