Point Score

Max

IMO breed numbers should be scrapped and the BOB pointscore should be more like the Rising Star (set number of points for a particular win).

Say, BOB 6points = 1 point. 7-9pts = 2pts and so on. That way, no one gets points they didn't earn and you don't have to go chasing up catalogue numbers :thumbsup:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We haven't even started showing for the year yet and NEVER have shows with over 750 while our closest big city of Melbourne (over 4 hours drive) has already had something like a dozen or more shows already. So, with the double points plus around a 12 show start it won't be worth it for me to enter the rising star. Mind you, 2009 my boy finished 8th Terrier in NSW, 2nd Foxie in NSW and 7th Foxie Nationally. Now that made him VERY competitive but without the double points. I also must point out that he NEVER had a gimme win, ALL his wins were good wins, he had several classes in show which kept him competitive. I am disappointed but not devistated. I will still put him in the BOB and National to see how he fares.

re 'double points' ..... if you're in Tas, WA , NT for example then you're all in the same boat so to speak.... you can

still be very competitive in the "State" section of the Pointscores.

For WA from jan/mar we have 13 shows :thumbsup:

5 over 750

Vic has 40 shows in the same period :laugh: & the number over 750 would be very high

We're yet to have our first for the year.

Jan to Mar we have 3 :confused:

I've never seen a show over 300, let alone 750, although I'd love to.

BTW, I've never entered pointscore, my breeder does it for my younger dog, thanks Kerry :thumbsup:

well paint me green and call me "noob", I had no idea it was more than just an optional bit of fun to anyone :laugh:

Me too :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I am over the moon that my boy is in the top ten in my breed :rofl::cry:

Edited by SnoPaws

:D We live in North Queensland and our shows basically end at the end of October and start the following year in March..... :D

Could have been at a show this weekend (a 4 hours trip by road) but decided to stay at home due to Ex cyclone Olga lots of rain and wind up this way....having withdrawal symptoms :)

Thanks for your comments / suggestions. They will be taken on board for next year.

We are looking at only including the top 30-40 wins for the Show Dog of the Year competition which should even it out a bit between the states. Limiting the shows for the Rising Star competition though probably would not work because of the flat points system (you would have a lot of dogs being number 1). We will see what we can do though.

Just finished putting my results in for our first show of the year and I have no issues with it.

I don't compare to interstate much because we don't have the sheer numbers or volume of shows, I look within the NT and am happy with that. Did not even enter last year but with our results yesterday thought I might this year.

At least there is a competition to enter into.

I don't really have a problem with the Rising star point system doesn't worry me (yes I'm in Tassie so know all about the 750 double point thing and I know it wont be reached here). It was more the breed thing.. I just notice larger number of entries in some breeds at our last show and only half or one of that breed was shown.. When I was looking through I then clicked that it was not the dogs you had beaten, but the ones that were entered and not shown you could claim for!!

I just though that was a bit how do you do ! LOL I would like to see points for only dogs entered, presented and beaten. ( Like someone mentioned CC or BOB points maybe)

That was my beef, like I said I don't mind the rising Star system and I have entered it this year with the young lass.

Thanks Troy for taking it on board :grouphug: I know your job is a big one and you must get sick of hearing it, so thank you for your Patience :laugh:

well paint me green and call me "noob", I had no idea it was more than just an optional bit of fun to anyone :laugh:

Me too :o :D :D

I am over the moon that my boy is in the top ten in my breed :rofl::rofl:

I agree, its fun, even if we can't compete with the bigger shows on the mainland, some people take it waaayy too seriously, and really if you have an outstanding dog it will do well

Worthiness and value of pointscore competition will continue to rage, but really is it any different to campaigning for 'title points'? I have entered into them in the last 2 years our dogs do well given that they are not shown Australia wide nor shown every other weekend/or week day now!

I enter more so I can keep track of where I have been and there results! Silly I know but I tend not to lose the Computer as much as I do chits of paper! LOL. Any wins only mean something to the person winning them be it pointscore/title/group or in show awards. I know I ALWAYS take home the best dog, and I don't believe really that many people put that much emphasis on them. It certainly hasn't/won't sway any conclusion I come to over a dog.

Just my opinions seeing as were all sharing :>))

Cheers Kate