Just Attended My First Ever Obedience Class!

In the past I havent logistically been able to get to training classes and also, with my past dog being DA, was not comfortable going anywhere where I knew there would be lots of dogs (after today I am glad I didnt try with her!!).

However my circumstances have changed and Honey and I are both in need of some training reminders so...

I got my butt out of bed this morning and for the first time registered for classes at my local Dog training club! :thumbsup:

Twas certainly an eye opener- SO many dogs!! :love: So many naughty dogs!! :thumbsup:

We have to start at the bottom but Honey was such an angel I dont think it will be long before we move up. :rofl:

The gorgeous girl got so many compliments on her fit and svelte figure and sweet and calm nature, I hope it doesnt go to her head (or mine!! :thumbsup:)

Looking forward to next week!

Just had to share. :D

Edited by ✽deelee

:thumbsup: Great to hear that you are getting to do things with your doggie now. :rofl:

Thanks JulesP :thumbsup:

I am loving dog ownership these days, Honey is such a blessing! :thumbsup:

Dova, I was eyeing off the advance classes and imagining us in them, so I think you may be right. :love:

Edited by ✽deelee

Before you know it you will be trialing :eek:

I might have to get a different dog for that- Honey is a bit of a bimbo. :eek:

Though I have to say I am quite impressed with how quickly she picked up a new command. Neither she nor I had trained "stand" before and she is doing it well now (despite my initial fumbling). She is so eager to please me (quite a novel and pleasant experience!).

Hmm, I should never say never...

• 3 weeks later...

Today we finished our 4th class!! :laugh:

Two more weeks and we will move up to Class 1 (can you tell Im confident? :cry:) !!! Yippee!!

The instructor was talking to us about going for exams once we are in class 1- ooh the competitive urge tingled...

I am really enjoying it!! :cry:

Its been pretty easy thus far- all the basics Honey had down pat already- but I am looking forward to learning some trickier commands in the future! Watching the more advanced classes I can now understand those of you that have intentionally chosen a more drivey dog.

Before it seemed like it would be too much hard work, but now its so satisfying to feel like we are working together! :shrug:

It is absolutely fantasic to be able to come on here and read that you and Honey are having so much fun.

Brings a little tear to my eye.

Aw thanks RnL. :eek:

Your post brings one to my eye too! :(

I know I dont have to tell you what a completely different experience this is. :banghead:

It is absolutely fantasic to be able to come on here and read that you and Honey are having so much fun.

Aw thanks RnL. :hug:

Your post brings one to my eye too! ;)

I know I dont have to tell you what a completely different experience this is. :eek:

I have had a dog that completely did my head in years ago - not aggression issues, but geez he was a pig!

I just love that you get to experience the joys that dog ownership can bring. You deserve it.

I hope hubby is realising just how good it can be to own a dog now as well.

Big hugs to Honey.

Aw thanks RnL. :rofl:

Your post brings one to my eye too! :(

I know I dont have to tell you what a completely different experience this is. :rofl:

I have had a dog that completely did my head in years ago - not aggression issues, but geez he was a pig!

I just love that you get to experience the joys that dog ownership can bring. You deserve it.

I hope hubby is realising just how good it can be to own a dog now as well.

Big hugs to Honey.

Its been amazing, what I had always dreamed of. I had actually given up hope of feeling this way. I appreciate it so much now.

Hubby is thawing very well too! :laugh: He helps me with Honey with no complaint and I see him patting her subconsciously (but dont tell him. :rofl: )

Everyone loves her, its hard not to. She has been an absolute healing gift. :rofl: