February Photo Challenge

Ashanali

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ashanali - I think that shot is really well done and very well composed.

My shot for MAN - Dave Callan during his set for Adelaide Fringe - Going Ape At The Zoo

90626_bchjmqv028_m.jpg

Just for those who have been following my 70-200 discussion - this was taken with the 70-200 with the 2x teleconverter, at night with Dave only lit by the stage lights in the middle of the zoo... ISO 1600 LOVE IT :hug:

Edited by SchnauzerBoy

Ashanali - I think that shot is really well done and very well composed.

My shot for MAN - Dave Callan during his set for Adelaide Fringe - Going Ape At The Zoo

Just for those who have been following my 70-200 discussion - this was taken with the 70-200 with the 2x teleconverter, at night with Dave only lit by the stage lights in the middle of the zoo... ISO 1600 LOVE IT :)

That's awesome! My 450d is so very very grainey at 1600 so I always shoot on a low ISO. I'm pretty sure it's me and not the camera so it's definitely something to think about!

I'm definitely going to take that shot further Ashanali but I'm really not sure how to go about it - my photoshop skills are sadly lacking. I'll have another play with it on the weekend - time for some research I think! I took this one as well but instead of looking soft, I think she looks kind of evil which is totally not my friend! I really want to take this one further too but again, I'm not sure what to do with it!

4381830598_64fe270a6b.jpg

And I think I'm in love with your boudoir photo - it's sexy without showing anything. Love it!

Edited by ~*Shell*~

That's awesome! My 450d is so very very grainey at 1600 so I always shoot on a low ISO. I'm pretty sure it's me and not the camera so it's definitely something to think about!

The D80 is horrible when it goes over ISO 400 - hence why I am saving up for the D700 (or whatever the replacement is come April / May time).

However, the onboard High ISO NR sometimes work when there is a small amount of backlight, otherwise the slightest bit of cropping or PP and the blacks look :)

That is why the 2x teleconverter was purchased. no need to crop!

Also, I really like your 2nd queen of hearts shot... the little bit of leg and stocking removes the "evil" look to me, and has more of a "come and play" feel. ;) I can see what you mean though, she has good eye contact and expression.

I love them Shell, they have a really nice, dark vibe about them :love: I wish I knew how to use Photoshop, the whole thing just leaves me baffled. I've looked at online tutorials, but I think I need someone to teach me in person ;)

Anyway, have you ever heard parents say that they love their kids just a little bit more when they're asleep? Well, it's true! :)

Love:

4385625855_0095e94113_o.jpg

Shell, this is just a 2 minute play.

I softened her expression a touch using liquify (I don't mind that she looks a bit "tough" but I softened it because you said you didn't like it. :eek: )

I've brought out her eyes from the shadows

Warmed it up slightly

Added a hint of a texture over the top but painted it back over the skin areas to make her look a little softer.

You could go the other direction and do a cool toned and harder/dramatic look but the warmth works also.

You're on a good thing with these photos. Nice light too. :mad

post-162-1267068881_thumb.jpg

Shell, this is just a 2 minute play.

I softened her expression a touch using liquify (I don't mind that she looks a bit "tough" but I softened it because you said you didn't like it. :o )

I've brought out her eyes from the shadows

Warmed it up slightly

Added a hint of a texture over the top but painted it back over the skin areas to make her look a little softer.

You could go the other direction and do a cool toned and harder/dramatic look but the warmth works also.

You're on a good thing with these photos. Nice light too. :rofl:

I really like what you've done! Funnily, that editing took it back towards where it was warmth-wise (off camera). I cooled it off when I saw the expression on her face :thumbsup: I will have to see what the happens if I make it look more dramatic now! I would love to give her one with her looking soft and fairytale like and then one with her looking cold and harsh!

The first was taken in next to no light with my car headlights and a speedlite bounced off a red brick wall, the second was taken in my kitchen with the speedlite bouncing off my roof so they were both terrible lighting conditions but I'm happy with it!

Haven't been inspired at all over the last few weeks but my wild child was 'sunbaking' today so I have

Upside Down (please excuse her nudeness - she has no shame)

4387018632_f0785e2345.jpg

BTW that dress is very similar to the one I wore back in 1964 :(:):) (everything old is new again).

Well after a long wait i finally got my DSLR (canon 450D)

I haven't got must time at the moment to get into learning how to drive it but clicked a few shots the other day. So to get into the spirit of this he is a couple of shots.

I have an awful lot to learn yet.

wind

IMG_0052.jpg

Measure

IMG_0067.jpg

High & blue

IMG_0069.jpg

I am looking forward to next month challenge