Kerry Blue Or A Poodle?

mushka

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think those in the Kerry breed would agree(i hope) that Kerries where more "All Terrier" 15 yrs ago & more.

There where some stand out dogs who where all male but for me it didnt matter because my ideal image of a male kerry blue is like a "stallion".

I have Melb royal year wise about 92 of the Kerries been shown a time where there where large numbers of supreme male kerries a site to behold & appreciate.

All the Kerry people at the shows take responsible care not to allow issues

Lyndsay, Ruby is just such a doll!!!! OMG! she's gorgeous. and I think she know it :mad:thumbsup::laugh::laugh:

I may have to rethink my Kerry outlook if they are like Ruby :D Lakelands are (from my experience) much more laid back, but still have to be on their toes in the ring, bouncy happy little things, and yes, they are clowns too :thumbsup: There's a dear little girl doing the rounds here in QLD and I'm so tempted...........

If I see you around Oliblu, I'll say Hi.xxx

Thanks again for all the replies. I have a bit of time before I'l be buying a dog so I will definitely do some more research. Ruby is beautiful - as are many of the other dogs in people's signatures.

What is the best way to meet purebred dogs - attending dog shows or am I better to get in touch with breeders? Are breeders annoyed by people wanting to visit just to meet a breed if they haven't firmly decided they wish to buy a puppy?

Look at the Portugese Water Dog,great temperament and activity level is medium, non shedding, can be in different clips , curly or wave coat,vert trainable and a great scence of humour. Love people and very loyal to their primary owner.

Having owned Kerries off & on since the early 70s, and bred a few litters, my advice is to forget the Off Lead Parks if you decide on a Kerry.

As Showdog pointed out Kerries were in the main feistier 15 years ago, and I believe a lot of the aggressiveness (towards other dogs) has been bred out of some lines, but not all of them. I have never met one yet that was not a wonderful "people" dog, but the Kerry Blue is not a dog for everyone. I see you are in Victoria, and would be happy to talk to you further if you want to contact me privately. Many years ago I also owned a couple of poodles, miniatures not standards, and they were a totally different personality to the Kerry Blue.

I am a bit biased.....I currently have 3 Std poo's :smashpc:

My crew love a walk, but they don't bug me every day for a walk. They get walked when it suits me. They are quite happy on my deck with a bone when I am at work or just as easily crated!

If you want a big goofy clown that loves training & will adore you & your family, then a Std poodle is for you. They are very versatile & can be clipped off short & spunky or left a bit longer and woolly :)

I came to have Std poodles after a very traumatic experience with my first dog. My poodle taught me to trust dogs again :D I will not be without them!

DSC_0079.jpg

The 3 Stooges :o