Travelling To Shows

pure_breed

Perth to SA in 08 and again this year - both for specialties... although that is flying so not really a long stretch of travel....

Other than that furthest road trip has been Perth to geraldton... i cant even remember how long it took but i got up early :D

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great, thanks for the replies. I thought I was crazy driving 2hrs each way but I guess not :D ;) .

That's an "it's just up the road" sort of show :):) :p

:D Same here. Anything 2hrs or under we call a local show.

If it's a double or triple we'll travel to Adelaide or ACT but at this stage that's about it. Too scared to do Sydney cause I'm a bit of a stress head in traffic :heart:

Great, thanks for the replies. I thought I was crazy driving 2hrs each way but I guess not :D ;) .

That's an "it's just up the road" sort of show :):) :p

:D Same here. Anything 2hrs or under we call a local show.

If it's a double or triple we'll travel to Adelaide or ACT but at this stage that's about it. Too scared to do Sydney cause I'm a bit of a stress head in traffic :heart:

Getting to Erky Park is dead easy SW.. motorway nearly all the way. :cheer:

Great, thanks for the replies. I thought I was crazy driving 2hrs each way but I guess not ;) :D .

That's an "it's just up the road" sort of show :) :p :heart:

:) Same here. Anything 2hrs or under we call a local show.

If it's a double or triple we'll travel to Adelaide or ACT but at this stage that's about it. Too scared to do Sydney cause I'm a bit of a stress head in traffic :cheer:

You can go the back way - basically country roads and only a couple of turns before you get to EP. It is an easy drive, and quieter than the Hume :D

We got lost on the way to Erskine Park lol. It wasn't my fault though :D :)

Our furthest was from Melbourne to Sydney for the Collie National. Would consider doing it again but the new no-camping rule makes it hard ;)

We are about 45 minutes from KCC Park and 30 from Bulla/Sunbury. Lancefield is about the same as KCC for us, and Geelong is only about an hour. So we do all those regularly!!

When we get our trailer & a bigger tent we hope to do more weekends and travel a greater distance :D I would like to go upto Canberra and SA at some point.....

Not sure if we'll do the next Collie National in WA.....

Been known to travel thirteen hours one way. Actually done it a couple of times now. Once leaving at 5am and travelled through, and once leaving after work at 3.30pm and travelled through. Don't have a lot of choice. Travel or don't show, simple as that.

Durack is only half an hour up the road from me, but I love doing the country shows aswell and will travel up to about 4 hours one-way if camping is permitted. Not too keen on doing a 4-hour trip twice in the one day!

When I show I am looking forward to Bunbury (2 and a half hours) shows because it gives me an excuse to get up there and see the family, plus I have multiple choices of free accomodation. I actually have a cousin in Geraldton too so I am all good for country shows :rofl:

I am about 40 mins from K9 here so not too bad.

My local shows are an hour away. It isn't unusual for me to do the drive 2 or 3 times a week (or more :rofl: ) since it is also where I go for agility training.

Furtherest I have gone is about 4 or so hours drive, or flying Perth to Brisbane. I was entered in an Open show about 2.5-3hours from home last weekend but ended up with other committments so didn't go.

The extra 5 mins is for:

Load the dog, unload the dog that jumped in that wasn't supposed to and lock him inside. Then open the front gate, the run the other dog back up to house that followed me. :eek: That sort of stuff.

Haha, I always allow myself that extra time(being 40 mins to drive a 30 mins), to pull car out of carport, pull down and lock roller door, go back inside because ive forgotten to pick up my show jacket etc

"local" shows for us are at least an hours drive....average is about three hours or better for a one day thing and sometimes we have been known to drive back and forth that distance for a weekend. (yes we're hopeless!)

It wasn't rare for me to use to drive six hours for a weekend and many many times I drove about ten or twelve for a three day event. (when living in Canada)

Spent way too much time on planes as well now that I think of it!

I consider anything under 2 hour's Local here LOL

Newcastle is 1 & 1/2 -2hours so thats our next local as such. But usually that and Coffs Harbour which is 2 & 1/2hrs are 3-4 show weekends so they are local as well LOL

Did do the road trip to Adelaide Royal two years in a row from Sydney, with a friend. That was good :laugh:

Will do the trip to Melbourne one day :rofl: ;)

Furthest was 17 hours, Sydney to Adelaide for a National, driven by my partner and another breeder. I got to fly down and back on the same day but only saw a few classes (someone had to stay home with our 5 week old pups!).

Last year we drove Sydney to Brisvegas for our National and did it overnight, but coming back we got trapped behind a major accident near Taree and it took us longer to get home from Brisbane than it did from Adelaide! :thumbsup:

Funnily enough, I dont mind driving 3 hours to Canberra or Newcastle for a specialty but I am really reluctant to bother for an All Breeds show!