Endurance Test 2010

Kynan

We are now in week 2 of our training and all is going well ;) We have been training 4 times a week and getting up at 6am. Kynan's bowels are very predictable and he has to go exactly 2 minutes after he starts running then he is comfortable :welcome:

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

post-31407-1267078423_thumb.jpgI'm going show training soon. this will be a kack!!!!!!!!!! Hope it doesnt rain:-) the girl i think will last better at endurance than Jones,he's such a couch. but hey what you do for one you gotta do for both, isnt that the way it works:-). she's only 9months now so she will have to wait a looooooooooooooong time Edited by sandra64

We had our first accident this morning :laugh:

Kynan decided to add cat chasing to his training program! No real harm done, just grazed my knee and scratched the bike pedal. Could have been a disaster!

Tell the cat he is of no use to the training programme whatsoever;-). Its not like your dog is small either, that would be some yank on the bike. Hope all good.Amazing how much further the dogs are willing to go when the weather is cooler. Had a good run this morn.

Edited by sandra64

Hasnt anybody done any training?

Nope :cry: . I HAVE finaly decided that it will be Safire doing it in victoria and Milky will be entered in sydney. Both need a fair amount of work to get them running nicely so I better get on with it.

My problem is that I hate riding with them at night (they are too dark) and I dont see daylight during the week atm with uni so I am not sure what I am going to do.......

where i take my two x country running has 2 huge full swimming holes at the moment. for the last 2 days we have actually got our morning runs in and they have just swam solid for about 20 minutes on top of their run. Jones just floats, cause he looks like a seal at the moment, and poor megs nearly drowns trying to stay out deep with him

Edited by sandra64

where i take my two x country running has 2 huge full swimming holes at the moment. for the last 2 days we have actually got our morning runs in and they have just swam solid for about 20 minutes on top of their run. Jones just floats, cause he looks like a seal at the moment, and poor megs nearly drowns trying to stay out deep with him

Woops. Did another 5 km loop on Sunday night. All good though very wet about. My boy seems to love it. Ears back and locks into a rhythm. Might go for a run with him later tonight.

I haven't trained with Jedi for a month now... February was a complete waste - I was doing 50-60 hr weeks and often wouldn't get home til 9pm or wouldn't get home at all so it was impossible to do any training outside of the weekends. Next week I'm moving to a rotation with much less contact hours, so that'll make it easier to get out there with Jed.

Did the daily walk this morning. Couple of K loop around to the off leash area then a fair bit (20 * 40m) of sprinting chasing a ball, then came home and did another bit next to the bike. Pulling a little bit this morning until we stopped a few times to work out who was going to be in charge:)

Did the daily walk this morning. Couple of K loop around to the off leash area then a fair bit (20 * 40m) of sprinting chasing a ball, then came home and did another bit next to the bike. Pulling a little bit this morning until we stopped a few times to work out who was going to be in charge:)

ummmmm who ended up in charge?

Hi folks, I might do the ET again this year in Sydeny with Anna this time, more for my fitness not hers as I'm sure she could do 20kms no worries right now, its me who needs the excercise. ;)

Raffy did his last year and Benny a few years back both my boys passed it very easily and Benny literally pulled me the whole way around so I needed to break instead of pedal around the whole course. :( we had trained so he didn't pull but the cold morning and excitement of the other dogs was too much for his self control. I found the hardest part was riding so slowly, its much easier for me to balance on the bike at a faster speed so I tend to train at a bit higher speed, other than that I find it quite enjoyable and a great reason for me to get off my fat butt and ride reguarly :eek:

Just incase anyone is thinking of running with a smaller or less athletic breed, last year there was a jack russel, boston terrier and pembroke corgi at Sydney, all passed. :o

We have just completed Week 3 of our training and things are going well. We can now run/ride 20 minutes continuously. Only 16 weeks to go :dancingelephant: Kynan seems to be coping better than me! I have found a really good place to train only a 5 min walk away that is grass and dirt with a path going down the side so we can practise on three different sufaces. Went out last night to train and boy is it so much harder to train at the end of the day after a long week at work! Got up early this morning and went out again and it was so much easier. It is good now that the weather is cooling down as Kynan doesn't cope well with running when it is over 20 degrees. Not looking forward to training in the rain and mud though!

Its not raining yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!going for a quick ride at castle hill (too wet everywhere else) then taking the dogs for a run........hopefully it wont rain in between me typing and getting to the front door