• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cute photo Murve, love Whippies

How does your Whippet go in the cold?

MY Mannie is similar coat / build to a Whippet and she really feels the cold, if I ever trial her I think it's going to have to be in very warm weather - she tucks one paw up when she is cold - even with a coat on

Cute photo Murve, love Whippies

How does your Whippet go in the cold?

MY Mannie is similar coat / build to a Whippet and she really feels the cold, if I ever trial her I think it's going to have to be in very warm weather - she tucks one paw up when she is cold - even with a coat on

Hi Amypie I got a Chillydog sweater for my boy his has the chest piece, I can take some pics of his & PM them to you :D

here is the website,

http://www.chillydogs.ca/

I chated to Julie a few times, asking questions, she was very nice & helpful before I got one, when it arrived I found a big difference in how Orlando worked, he was much better, no hessitation in his drops. Before the sweater arrived we were flat out getting this sort of score eg: 70/100, after the sweater arrived we did 5 trials bang 3 passes 91/100, 92/100, 94/100 CCD pass :thumbsup: Orlando loves his sweater :laugh:

Yeah I already have Chillydog coats for my dogs, I am a fan, Trixie still freezes in hers outside though, thinking of getting the Great North one for her next year.

ETA: Mine is obviously wussier than I thought :laugh:

Edited by amypie

Yeah I already have Chillydog coats for my dogs, I am a fan, Trixie still freezes in hers outside though, thinking of getting the Great North one for her next year.

ETA: Mine is obviously wussier than I thought :laugh:

I will be putting another order with Julie for the Great North (4 all up ouch there goes the back pocket :laugh: ) & more sweaters for our little ones :D

I find Orlando does not shiver with his sweater on

I have a new training project! Its my partners full of issues GSD. He doesnt have the time and quite frankly the knowledge to train her properly and with the technqiues he uses its not working for this dog. I have offered to take her with Rams and I when we go to the park to do a bit of brain training and tire her out mentally. He can do the physical stuff! Combined with some K9 pro advice and calm supplement hopefully we might have a happier, less stressed and less DA shepherd soon!

This dog is not my idea of fun, but I cant stand there and do nothing why my partners busts his butt working and the dog just creates problem after problem. Im actually excited about putting my trainings skills to the test :laugh:

Oh I know where your comin from SLLH, I have 2 Paps here to train 1 is my daughters, she would like to get her titles now, but my daughter has 2 left feet co-ordination so this will be fun :laugh: the other is my O/H's he thinks I would do a better job at putting his pappy boy through :D

Good luck with your partners Shepherd :D

I have to be careful not to take over mum's new little project, Pippa laugh.gif But while mum doesn't have any interest in trialling her, she wants to teach her everything she can (including obedience stuff and tricks). She's doing well so far thumbsup1.gif I get to do agility with her, though. And I want to shape the dumbbell retrieve with her because she picked up my Lab sized dumbbell on the weekend in her tiny little mouth and wanted to run off with it laugh.gif

Good luck trialling this weekend SLLH.

Quick question for those doing the Royal. What should I wear? :) I'm hoping clean jeans and a nice (warm) top will be ok for when we're in the ring.

Wear what you are comfortable in :) nice jeans, comfy shoes, oh yes warm top/jumper

I have been watching the weather & it looks like it could be just like today :(

Friday

Morning 6.gif Mostly Cloudy. Cool. 12

Afternoon 33.gif A Few Showers. Mostly Cloudy. Cool. 16

Evening 19.gif Showers. Mostly Cloudy. Cool. 12

Edited by murve

Good luck Murve!!

I did a bit of work this arvo with leila, she has a better dumbell hold than Ramses!! She has picked up the turns really quick. Drops and straight sits are a work in progress. Its so different training a dog who is still learning to training a dog who knows what you want and what your asking for. I put my hand out for 'touch' and Leila just stares, after a bit she ever so slightly puts or nose to my hand. I treat and praise. Do something else and 5 mins later do touch again and its like she has never done it before :laugh: Even had a bit of tail wagging in training today. Maybe she is starting to feel more comfortable around me.