Training Talk Thread

Tiggy

I was bored the other day so thought I'd shape it the other way...clockwise. Boy did that blow his little brain!!!!!!

:D Same with Ruby!! She can do anti-clockwise, stepping into me as I rotate left, but try and get her to go right, it just wasn't happening :) I wanted to get her to go the other way because her fronts are always a little off to the one side, so getting her to be able to move her bum to her left would help get those fronts a bit straighter but bugger me if I could get her to do perch work in that direction :laugh: One would think that would be the easiest direction to teach :)

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Home from the rally seminar. Lincoln had moments where he was working well (for a dog who has only been very lightly obidience trained) but found all the birdies around a tad distracting. :laugh:

I think Lincoln had jumping beans for lunch :) His enthusiasm at the end was great ;)

Ruby and I had a great time. We were expected to complete the 3 rounds as if they were real trials, so had it been the real deal, Ruby would have earned her Rally Novice (RN??) title today :D ValleyCBR got my 3 rounds on video for me, so I will upload to youtube as soon as she is able to send them to me :rofl: Ruby ended up with her own cheer squad on the sideline, it was hilarious and certainly was a feelgood moment :)

Naughty Beagle!!!!!!! I vote for stays to be thrown out, they are useless and cause us to lose some nice quallies :) So glad to hear that her ringwork was lovely, so lots of positives yay :laugh::laugh:

I agree - get rid of the bloody stays :):rofl:

Ruby and I had a great time. We were expected to complete the 3 rounds as if they were real trials, so had it been the real deal, Ruby would have earned her Rally Novice (RN??) title today :) ValleyCBR got my 3 rounds on video for me, so I will upload to youtube as soon as she is able to send them to me ;) Ruby ended up with her own cheer squad on the sideline, it was hilarious and certainly was a feelgood moment ;)

Just saw one of the vids - Ruby looked like she worked really well :D You too as I imagine doing rally takes a bit of thought to get through the course well :rofl:

Well Done to everyone who trialed this week-end especially Nic and the awesome Ella and Bec and the amazing evil beagle :):)

Thanks so much Maree, I couldn't have done it without you, I appreciate all that you have done (and continue to do) for me more than you know ;)

Great work valleyCBR and RubyStar :laugh: - just watched your vids

Geez talk about jumping the gun :laugh: They haven't even all finished uploading yet, are you stalking my channel :D

About 20 mins left for the last vid. Here are the first 2 Rally-O vids, will edit once last one is ready:

Edit: last vid

Edited by RubyStar

Here is Lincoln's first effort at Rally, will add the second when the clip is uploaded. Be kind. Today was about me learning how to read rally signs and walk a course, I am not so deluded to think we are less then a year at least off being ready! :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzAKwy_JWCU

And Lincoln's third run through (I pulled him from the second)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j2ka0y2L38

Edited by valleyCBR

huski stalked you first :)

Great work valleyCBR and RubyStar :laugh: - just watched your vids

Geez talk about jumping the gun :laugh: They haven't even all finished uploading yet, are you stalking my channel :D

About 20 mins left for the last vid. Here are the first 2 Rally-O vids, will edit once last one is ready:

Just saw one of the vids - Ruby looked like she worked really well :laugh: You too as I imagine doing rally takes a bit of thought to get through the course well :D

Well it wasn't too bad to follow, except I did a wrong turn in one and lost a whopping 10 points in one hit! Never mind the fact that it was a decent turn :) Blew a 98 with that dummy handler error :laugh: I'd be kicking myself had it been a real trial :)

Edited by RubyStar

Wooo shall watch the videos tomorrow so my prepaid dongle doesn't explode.

So RS are you going to enter the first Rally-O trial now that you are an old hand at it? :laugh: When is the first trial?

Just saw one of the vids - Ruby looked like she worked really well :laugh: You too as I imagine doing rally takes a bit of thought to get through the course well :D

Well it wasn't too bad to follow, except I did a wrong turn in one and lost a whopping 10 points in one hit! Never mind the fact that it was a decent turn :) Blew a 98 with that dummy handler error :laugh: I'd be kicking myself had it been a real trial :)

I also did this, the sign said circle 360 left and I went right. :) It's so easy to do. My third run I NQ'ed but got a score. of 58. :)

Wooo shall watch the videos tomorrow so my prepaid dongle doesn't explode.

So RS are you going to enter the first Rally-O trial now that you are an old hand at it? :laugh: When is the first trial?

Yeah I think I will when/if it ever gets accepted and we start having trials here in WA :laugh:

The beauty of it is I am training for it when I'm training traditional obedience anyway. I will just practice a few of the extra moves they throw in rally while I'm out training regular stuff. If it was a whole new sport where I had to go and learn all new things, I would be hesitant.

Edited by RubyStar

I've edited my previous post to include the last Rally-O video :D

:laugh:

Did valleyCBR video you? Had to laugh when the video lost you for a bit :laugh: .

Edited by Tiggy

I've edited my previous post to include the last Rally-O video :)

:laugh:

Did valleyCBR video you? Had to laugh when the video lost you for a bit :laugh: .

The last one was a volunteer. I videoed the first two. :D Me and RS drew 19th and 20th so we had to find someone else to film. :)