Gotta Love The Oldies.

tlc

Some pictures of my beautiful girl Gypsy who is now at Rainbow Bridge. She was my first sheltie and was my shadow. I am lucky that I still have her daughter, granddaughter, great grandson and great great granddaughter who all have little reminders of her in different things that they do. She absolutely adored puppies and loved it when any were around. In her later years, they all seemed to sense she was a little bit unsteady on her feet so played gently with her. Also, pictured is her brother, Rambo, who joined her six months later at the Bridge. In the photo, he was 10 winning Challenge Dog & Runner up in show at a Sheltie Specialty show. His tail never stopped wagging.

post-1064-1267103982_thumb.jpg

post-1064-1267104237_thumb.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jessie is lovely, what a great photo!!

Jessie was quite a character. We visited the beach every day and her favourite thing to do was stand on her hind legs in the water and bark :laugh: We are convinced that she was a seal in a past life and related to "Flipper" :laugh: I've got some shocking photos taken of her barking and they look like an impersonation of a white pointer shark :)

Love all the other pics of the "oldies" :)

• 3 weeks later...
I soooo hope Shyla is around for more than 10 yrs, I will do ALL I can to try and help her achieve nanna status

I had that exact thought only about my pup Ella :shrug:

--

This is my last boy Chocky. He was 12 when he went to the bridge and 3 years on I still miss him more than anything. I am sure he was my heart dog.

l_ae2333a220fcc1ec14a8f42e5cbf6c4d.jpg

I am totally lovin this thread.

I have an oldie her name is Mimi, a 14yr old poodle who has cataracts so is losing her sight rapidly. She is a polite old girl who was raised well by her mother. She has good movement despite having fusions in her lower back.

Letter to my Mimi

I love my Mimi more every day, my love doesnt grow more as much as it grows deeper with much more appreciation and knowledge how precious our time is. She sleeps most of the time in her "cave" but I know she will always rise from hibernation just as the kids dinner hits the stove. Her soft eyes melt me she knows better than to beg, she just stands there. Yes I give her treats as I prepare dinner, at her age I am not fussed and how we delight in our secret redendevous away from the other dogs. I sit on my bed and read, you are there quietly sharing. I see you have just emptied your water bowl, I take it a refill it. Your tail wags appreciating I have noticed your need. But you have it wrong there ol girl, it is I who appreciates you and after 14 years why I should delight in this time we have. After 14 yrs I would be a slow learner if I did not know what you want. I pat your head tell you all is ok, you resume digging your bed (your joy) and let out a sigh. What is not to love about the oldies????

m_DSC_0970-1.jpg

020.jpg

This is Abbie...seven years old which is getting on for a Dane. Never had a real sick day in her life except for a couple of insect stings. Shes still very active and graceful but is a bit lonely at the moment as we just lost two of her lifelong mates to a Brown snake...then Parvo took her new little mate midway through his vacs. When its safe here shell have a new mate.