Housed Where Another Is Buried.

2kellen2

Hi, My son is going away for 6 weeks & refuses to put his Staffordshire into a kennel. His friend who is very familiar with the dog is happy to keep the dog at his place but his dog has just died (2 days ago) & will be buried in the back yard where my sons dog will be housed. Do you think this is a problem. Thank you for any advice.

As long as the dog is buried deep enough, there is no problems with that side of things. If the body is not buried deep enough, then anything can come looking.

Other than that, the visiting dog will smell the scent of the other dog in the house, and may try to mark territory and that kind of stuff.

Otherwise, do not see a problem, other than with the person who is taking in the dog. Could be best medicine for them, or may be too soon. Depends on the the reason the old dog had died and the state of the owner.

All our dogs are buried in our yard.............The only problem we ever had was Tessa lying on top of Zacky's grave for about two weeks. No dogs ever did anything to the graves.

We have been here for a long time and we have six dogs buried here.

We had 2 APBT's about 10yrs ago and had one PTS due to cancer. She was buried about 1.5-2m down. Our male dog dug her up about 2 weeks later, dragged her across the yard and put her in their kennel. The flesh off her back legs started to fall off so he ate that and her tail....and a stick punctured her VERY bloated belly. The smell and mess was putrid...not to mention the emotional damage of seeing a much loved pet in that condition. I will never be doing that again!

My old dog Jake was great friends with my sister's dog, Roscoe. Roscoe was hit by a car and had to be PTS. My BIL buried Roscoe in their yard. The next time I took Jake to my sister's house for a visit I was very puzzled as he wandered around their yard for about 10 minutes and then went and sat near the back door of the car, ready to go home and stayed like that for hours. After I took him home, my sister told me that they found Roscoe's grave had been dug up :laugh:

I have learned - to put a sheet of tin and a log or big rock on top - or a manhole cover - if you can find one. Never had a failure.

Averts any possibility of resurrections!!

My children had a big white rabbit who went to heaven. We had a nice funeral. I thought the grave was deep enough - alas, l looked out the next morning to find the dogs playing with a white toy!! A toy? A toy? Oh uh!! That's NO toy

Had to rush out and rebury bunny before the kids woke up!

It's a bit sick making

Hi,

Thank you for the replies & that is what I have heard about others digging the dead dog up. So I will tell my son for him to help his friend so this does'nt happen as there are children playing in this yard also. Unbelievable some of these replies & very upsetting for the owners.