Not Very Happy

beladoza

Beladoza what a terrible thing I wish you and your puppy all the very best .....I hope that other people who had dogs on the flight have been told also any dogs/puppies that may have come in contact with the sick puppy at the airport.

all the very best with your puppy ( sorry don't know his/her name) lets hoping it will make a good recovery and come join us in the frenchie thread

also just to add pop over to the frenchie thread as there might be a message there for you

take care

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They have had several litters this year aswell

List of their litters registered (They are registered months later)

Bulldog

28.11.08 3m 3f

6.3.08 1m 2f

25.6.09 2f

12.7.09 5m 2f

11.6.09 1m 1f

11.6.09 1f

Frenchie

8.5.0.09 5f

Dane

30.5.09 4m 6f

That is terrible!!!!! I am quietly sitting here thinking to myself that I was lucky and thank god for my gut feeling I had. I don't know how people can do this, I sound of been concerned when they did not want a bank chq, "affects centrelink and child support" Oh my, can't believe, you think you are doing the right thing but shows there are shonky people out there. Not only that but the bad name they give honest breeders, as I know now when I am looking for our future pup I will be very wary.

You had a lucky escape. Your yard has not been exposed to the virus, where other's will have been. It could potentially years, before they can bring another puppy into their homes.

Parvo can happen to the very best of breeders, it doesn't discriminate. Simply shutting up shop , does none of us any favours and it reflects badly upon all registered breeders.

That is terrible!!!!! I am quietly sitting here thinking to myself that I was lucky and thank god for my gut feeling I had. I don't know how people can do this, I sound of been concerned when they did not want a bank chq, "affects centrelink and child support" Oh my, can't believe, you think you are doing the right thing but shows there are shonky people out there. Not only that but the bad name they give honest breeders, as I know now when I am looking for our future pup I will be very wary.

I suggest this is a conversation you need to have with the ATO. If these people haven't declared the income from their high volume puppy breeding then a visit from the tax man is in order. I'm sure Centrelink would be interested too.

Edited by poodlefan

Curious how did you find that information out. I went and viewed pups at 4 weeks old, they had 11 adult dogs and 13 pups from 2 mothers. Makes me think what, in the future do I look for in a breeder to stop this happening again.

They have had several litters this year aswell

List of their litters registered (They are registered months later)

Bulldog

28.11.08 3m 3f

6.3.08 1m 2f

25.6.09 2f

12.7.09 5m 2f

11.6.09 1m 1f

11.6.09 1f

Frenchie

8.5.0.09 5f

Dane

30.5.09 4m 6f

even registered breeders can be puppy farmers.

:o

This is very sad. Beladoza I wish your puppy a speedy recovery. Diddles you were lucky that you never picked up your pup. Shame on the breeder who has done wrong knowing they have a sick pup in sending them to their new homes. I hope the virus has not been spread to other dogs that may have been on the same flight and you are both are fully compensated for all your expenses.

even registered breeders can be puppy farmers.

:o

Yes they can

Frenchies were sold for a min of $2000-$3000 each

Bulldogs the same

They advertise on petlink alot.

So if you add up the Frenchies and Bulldogs that 26 puppies x $2000 = $52,000

Curious how did you find that information out. I went and viewed pups at 4 weeks old, they had 11 adult dogs and 13 pups from 2 mothers. Makes me think what, in the future do I look for in a breeder to stop this happening again.

It's not the number of dogs that should worry you or influence any future decisions. Some breeders have quite a few dogs and do an awesome job of looking after their dogs, pups and puppy buyers, others struggle with just one or two.

Start with recommendations both from other breeders and happy puppy buyers. There are a couple of BB breeders that I can recommend and a few more when it comes to the Frenchies. Once you have the recommendations, check them out, what they guarantee, what testing if any they do and go from there.

Someone else joined the dots for me by looking at litters registered under that prefix.

Have a read of this thread and ask for recommendations in the breed threads in that sub forum.

I'd like to be able to say that buying from an ANKC registered breeder is a guarantee of quality and responsible breeding, but I can't. Rest assured that I think the days for these kind of breeders within the ANKC are numbered. Not before time. :o

Didles go to Fair Trading... don't let them get away with ripping you off.

Edited by poodlefan

I sound of been concerned when they did not want a bank chq, "affects centrelink and child support"

I would dob them in for that aswell

So if you add up the Frenchies and Bulldogs that 26 puppies x $2000 = $52,000

Registered litters are advertised in the states canine journals.