Dog Hydrotherapy

I want to take Shyla to a place that has an underwater treadmill, or with someone who can help us with swimming her (shes never swum before) in a controlled environment. Anyone know of places close to Rowville or surrounding areas? I was told of a good place in Somerville but if I can find one closer first it would be better ;)

I want to take Shyla to a place that has an underwater treadmill, or with someone who can help us with swimming her (shes never swum before) in a controlled environment. Anyone know of places close to Rowville or surrounding areas? I was told of a good place in Somerville but if I can find one closer first it would be better ;)

I've been to the one in Somerville and it's pretty good, I would recommend it :welcome:

I think DOgs in motion is the best one out of the 2 above.

They helped rehabilitate my aunties border collie after a stroke like attack left him a quadreplegic - now he can walk again... not very well but hey he is moving and gets better everyday.

They are great there and very helpful :o

I think DOgs in motion is the best one out of the 2 above.

They helped rehabilitate my aunties border collie after a stroke like attack left him a quadreplegic - now he can walk again... not very well but hey he is moving and gets better everyday.

They are great there and very helpful :)

They really are fantastic there particularly for rehabilitation needs.

I have seen some amazing recoveries with dogs there going from being carried in and out in stretchers to the underwater treadmill, with assistants in there with them, to walking on their own!

They are also always happy to give advice and share knowledge.

Well they used to be anyway, it's been about a year since i have been there ;)

I do think woofpurnay is good too though! I like how when you swim the dogs anticlockwise it creates a "current" that the dogs have to swim against, so for exercise purposes that is great!

Edited by oonga

I want to take Shyla to a place that has an underwater treadmill, or with someone who can help us with swimming her (shes never swum before) in a controlled environment. Anyone know of places close to Rowville or surrounding areas? I was told of a good place in Somerville but if I can find one closer first it would be better :thumbsup:

I've been to the one in Somerville and it's pretty good, I would recommend it :D

Another vote for Dogs in Motion, but I suspect that is where you are going already.

Nope I have been highly recommended the Somerville one but after working in Frankston for 3yrs (just finished there not long ago) I hate driving that way and Somerville looks even further :rasberry::scold: oh well I think I'll make the trip, Doveton is a big closer too.

• 3 months later...

Does anyone know of dog hydrotherapy centres in Melbourne's North East, or the inner suburbs? I'll travel to the places already recommended if necessary, but somewhere closer would be better.

Does anyone know of dog hydrotherapy centres in Melbourne's North East, or the inner suburbs? I'll travel to the places already recommended if necessary, but somewhere closer would be better.

The closest one I know of would be Highett, near Morrabbin

I don't use under water hydrotherapy, but I do use Kepala k9 Country Club in Diggers Rest. Only 40 mins from me (I am north eastern suburbs). My dog will be using the indoor heated pool for the recovery after her Cruciate Ligament Surgery she has just had nearly 3 weeks ago. 3 weeks and 4 days til she is out of confinement and allowed to start swimming again. It helps quite alot. It also helps with her being a water baby Golden Retriever.

Although they do not have the other stuff DIM, Aquapaws etc have.. Kepala do have lessons for the dogs and help alot for dogs who are in recovery or have any joint problem which the owner is trying to give relief for.

Edited by LucyCharzie

Thanks for the suggestions. They are both roughly 45 mins from me according to Google maps, as are some of the other places that were mentioned. I guess we have some driving to do!