Wanted: Foster Carer Or Rescue For Huskies X 3

What happened to the inquiry of the woman who wanted to adopt all three of them?? ;)

I dont know Stef. I never heard back from her. She was going to NZ for 2 weeks then calling when she got back. That was a while ago now. Her loss. :eek:

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to Porsche, Bailey has a prospective adopter coming to meet him tommorow. :(

This family were interested in the boy at Renbury who I must say is a dead spit of Bailey. :happydance: But turns out he escpaes and this family do not want to risk him getting out and getting hurt.

So they will come tommorow all the way from Jervis Bay to meet Bailey boy. Fingers crossed. They have an older husky girl who is sweet, but can be dominant. I think Bailey is a good choice. He is a mature age, so wont be jumping all over her carrying on. And he has a soft nature. So if she does put him in his place and let him know she's boss, he will not retaliate. I really think they'll get along fine. If all goes well Bailey will stay with them while their resident dog stays close by at their parents home. They will be introduced slowly and carefully by going on daily walks together. Once they are used of eachother both will reside at the families home.

I like the fact they have husky experience, they recently lost another husky due to old age so they know the breed well and are prepared to give Bailey the time and love he deserves. I told her he loves his neck scratches and cuddles. She said he will get plenty of them. :)

It will be sad to see Bailey seperated from his Mum and sister but a relief knowing he will be going to a good home with another husky buddy for company, oh and a little 10 yr old human friend. :cooldance:

So fingers crossed for Bailey boy tommorow. :birthday:

And thankyou Porsche for the referral to this gorgeous boy. :welcome::laugh:

ETA and if it doesnt work out with Bailey, I will be sure to give this family other husky rescuers details in the hope they adopt a rescue dog!

Edited by k9angel

Baileys new family came today to meet him. They were lovely. We met at the park around the corner for several reasons.

Firstly I wanted them to see Bailey without distraction from Alaska and Jasmine, vying for the attention. I wanted them to experience the real him, to see what he was like without distraction. Also, the lady had mentioned she was pregnant so I didnt want Alaska jumping up for cuddles and knocking her over or accidently hurting bub. :laugh:

And thirdly, it was a perfect excuse to walk him to the park.

They were a lovely family. She bought her 10 yr old daughter along and her two friends.

As soon as they jumped out of the car and came running toward Bailey, his tail began to wag. He was the perfect gentleman as I expected and lapped up the neck scratches and cuddles they gave. :(

He stood there the whole time like the calm, placid soul he is. I was so very proud of him.

They truly adored him and I am happy to say they will be adopting him. Mum wasnt afraid to get down and give him a cuddle either and they are quiet experienced and familiar with the breed. I was more than impressed to say the least.

Bailey will be allowed inside and will get to go to the beach and will even have a groomer come in to bath him on a regular basis.

They spoke highly of their other little dog recently passed and also of Shanie. Bailey is going to be one lucky boy. He will be picked up mid week and go off to his new home for a brand new start. They said Bailey was the one for them and I know that is true.

I actually cried when I came home. Happy tears ofcoarse. I told him "This is it, soon you will leave for the best home in the world, youre a Lucky boy Bailey boy". (Teary eyed now) He knows, he isnt silly.

Being a husky girl, I tend to attach to them very quickly and Goodbyes are always hard. :laugh:

He has come a long way. He eats his meals nice and slow, he has put on weight and he has finally felt what its like to be loved and not just be a dog left in the backyard that has to fend for himself at tucker time when his dinner was thrown to him. :rofl:

He will be a part of someones family now. A cherished family member who will be spoiled for the rest of his years.

And at the end of the day - its what this is all about.

It will be a very teary departure - but what's best for Bailey boy - is best for me.

I'm so glad you managed to find a great home for him, especially with people who know enough about the breed!

I'm sad to say that I know of someone who bought a husky from a pet shop on an impulse. She lives in a one bedroom apartment which doesn't even allow dogs, so to walk her she has to take the stairs all the time! She got so frustrated with the poor dog as well, and well, when I tried explaining that huskies are a tough breed for someone who's used to lap dogs and placid little Maltese/Poodles, she didn't take it so well. Plus she's really tiny too (5'4") so she has a really tough time trying to exert that she's the "alpha" and the dog just bullies her all the time. Sigh!

I'm so glad you managed to find a great home for him, especially with people who know enough about the breed!

I'm sad to say that I know of someone who bought a husky from a pet shop on an impulse. She lives in a one bedroom apartment which doesn't even allow dogs, so to walk her she has to take the stairs all the time! She got so frustrated with the poor dog as well, and well, when I tried explaining that huskies are a tough breed for someone who's used to lap dogs and placid little Maltese/Poodles, she didn't take it so well. Plus she's really tiny too (5'4") so she has a really tough time trying to exert that she's the "alpha" and the dog just bullies her all the time. Sigh!

Dont worry I am about 5"5 and less than 50kgs and I walk 2 at a time sometimes... :love: But they know whose boss. :love: I was only thinking tonight as I walked Logan, that he would have to weigh nearly my weight. :love:

And I know when I walk Alaska and Jasmine together they definately exceed my weight, by a long shot. I use my voice with my lot and never let them get it over me.

I feel sad for the husky you mention in your post. :love: Not a good life for a sibe in an apartment. Not at all.

Admittedly my old girl has been a house dog for her 11 years, but she has always had a good size back yard to run & frolick in.

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to share the news that Bailey has gone off to his new home. He was farewelled yesterday :p

It was hard saying Goodbye. I almost didnt cry (tried so hard not to) - but as I held him in my arms one last time, broke down and couldnt help it. ;)

So far he is doing well. He was taken for a walk this morning with the resident dog and they got on just fine. :eek:

After a few more days of introducing them (walking them together) they will both reside at the familys home. As Shanie (resident dog) is staying with relatives just around the cnr while Bailey settles at home first.

He is eating well and does not appear to be missing us :laugh:

I am happy for him.

The girls are ok. They do not seem to be fretting for him. I feel terrible, seperating them after all those years together.

But I feel I did the right thing, its like Bailey had to live in their shadows and compete for food, love and attention his whole life. Now he doesnt. Now he will be loved and spoiled for rest of his life, the way it should be.

I look forward to many happy updates. ;)