Wanted: Foster Carer Or Rescue For Huskies X 3

5059268442_65a854995c.jpg

This one is so sweet, resting on his Mummy's pregnant tummy - little bub is now approx 3 mths old

Who says you can't have a baby and two big dogs??!!!!?????

Well done! A great new family for a great dog! :rofl:

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess who is coming for a 2 week holiday tommorow?

Jasmine. :(

She will be dropped off at 11.30am. This was all arranged when she was adopted so I have been expecting her. Her parents are going away and we all decided it best Jaz come back here as opposed to a boarding kennel.

I hope her and Alaska still get along ok. I am nervous and excited in one! :D

Here is a pic taken a week ago of Jasmine. She looks fantastic, she will be 10 yrs old soon Dog love 'er.

5206224709_779d292cee.jpg

Good lord, they're trusting :mad:mad . They do expect to get her back, do they?

She looks absolutely magnificent.

It will be very interesting to hear about the interaction between her and Alaska. Surely after all the years spent together there will still be the connection.

Yes Cyn there certainly still is a connection. When Alaska saw her it was like she couldn't believe her eyes. She crep't up to the gate and I went in and put her on a lead. I figured it wouldn't be smart to just open the gate and let Jasmine in so I bought Alaska out on the lead. They sniffed, wagged, had a little growl :mad but overall were very happy to see one another.

It was sad when Jasmines Mum and Dad left. :mad Jasmine started crying and pawing at the gate. They felt bad. Paul says "I only wish she could talk so I could tell her we'll be back". I was thinking the same thing just the other night. Poor girl probably thinks she is back for good and that her family doesn't want her anymore.

But like I said to them "Imagine how happy she'll be when you get back" :mad It's only for 2 weeks. They are going to Lord Howe Island and had it booked since just after Xmas last year.

I have to say she looks fantastic. I can tell she is a very special part of their family and until their return will be a special part of ours again. :mad

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's been 2 weeks since Jaz was dropped off and I dread saying Goodbye again. ;)

We have just finished wrapping her some Xmas presents to take back home with her. Jack loved to help and went along putting Xmas stickers on them all. :( We got her a gorgeous bling tag, a new 180cm lead that is purple with yellow paw prints on it, and a large back of shmakos. Oh and for her Mummy & Daddy I made a pretty suncatcher. :thumbsup:

She has been out in the clam pool all morning, I will have to get some more pics before she leaves us again.

Oh and I will be telling Paul anytime they need a babysitter, we are always here.

A pic I got of them this morning after their wade in the pool

5250627138_dd0aab579c.jpg

And Jazzies little Xmas bag of goodies, all ready to go.

5250025525_37b766987b.jpg

I imagine she will be beside herself with joy when she see's her Mum & Dad again. It will be a lovely reunion. :(

The story of these three always makes me cry. Just thinking about where they use to be and where they are now in loving homes especially after the horrible life they had. You are amazing K9A and wish them and you an amazing christmas. x :heart

Jaz was picked up about half hour ago. She was sooooo excited when she saw them and even more so once the gate opened and she was put into her harness. ;)

When they first got here we invited them inside and Jack gave Jasmines Xmas presents from under the tree. :)

They gave me a gorgeous bunch of flowers and although I told them from the start I did not expect payment, Paul handed me $150 and said it was a donation. So sweet of them. I was just happy to have her back with us for a holiday. She was no trouble whatsoever. Oh and they loved their suncatcher. I told Jody I had made it for them with Jacks help and she gave us both a big hug.

As they were leaving, we were all at the gate and Jack was still standing there with the orange ball that the other dogs loved to play with. (he was holding it the whole time inside too).

We all said our goodbyes but Jack was a little upset and I couldn't figure out what it was over. He knew Jaz's Mummy and Daddy were coming back for her and didn't appear sad when he said Goodbye.

Anyways when Paul said "Bye Jack" to him he held up the orange ball and said it was for Jasmine. I am in tears just thinking about it. It was the sweetest thing. Paul took the ball and thanked him. Jack was happy then. ;)

We stood there & waved as they drove off in their flash silver mercerdes. Jaz didn't even look back.

She is the luckiest girl. I feel so proud to be of been able to give her a chance to live and to be loved. Talk about a rags to riches story. It's the best ending I could of ever hoped for her. :D - happy tears :)

I feel so proud to be of been able to give her a chance to live and to be loved. Talk about a rags to riches story. It's the best ending I could of ever hoped for her. :) - happy tears ;)

And so you have every right to be. I'm having a little teary as well. Dear little Jack - he is just the best boy.

I agree MM

Your stories always have me in happy tears

• 6 months later...

Guess what guys?????? I have some great news.

After 1 year and 4 months in care, Alaska has found her forever after home. :cheer::champagne::clap::dancingelephant::happydance::thumbsup::walkdog: I am a little happy, can't you tell? :)

I am still a little shell shocked. A lady called Penny has been in ctc for a while regarding Alaska. She lives on the coast and has another dog, a lab girl, same age as Alaska.

I was a little worried that Alaska might not take to her or her dog as she is very shy with new ppl and selective with other dogs, though she does like most.

Anyways a meeting was arranged for today. Penny came with her OH, they also bought their Jasmine.

I cannot believe how smoothly it went. Alaska was terrified at first. But I sat with her and coaxed her to the gate to be pat. Then Penny came in and it took a few minutes but before long Alaska was giving her kisses and shaking her hand. It was so sweet how they just clicked.

Penny absolutely fell in love with her, as did her partner. The last test was with Jasmine. We opened the gate and had each of our dogs on the lead as we walked toward the front gate as if going for a walk. Jasmine and Alaska got to meet face to face and it went so well. Both were well behaved and seemed to quiet like one another.

Again I couldn't believe how easy and how well it went.

That was it. It was final. Penny said she would love to take her home and give her a home. She will get daily walks, regular trips to the beach and even get to sleep inside on the bed. :thumbsup: She has a lovely big grassy yard to run and play in. She will love it. She really will. I was all teary eyed and told Penny I couldn't believe it. It was like it was meant to be. Believe it or not, they had already bought Alaska a new collar, lead and even a tag with her name on it. Penny said she just knew....

And what I couldn't get over was how fast Alaska took to Penny. She was giving her kisses and touching her with her raised paw. It was the sweetest thing. She will be very loved and very spoiled in her new home. She will go to her new home next Sunday.

I will miss her dearly, she has been here almost a year and a half and I kind of got used to the fact she wouldn't find a home elsewhere and that she'd spend her years with us - but I am so happy she has finally found her happy ending.... :)

How wonderful Rach! Gives me hope for Lani, she is such a gorgeous girl but with special needs and having been here well over a year now I have almost accepted she is here to stay. Even though her own special family would be much better for her.

Maybe Lani's happy ever after is just a while coming like Alaska's has been.

Well done Rach & Alaska!

I read this story, just then, start to finish.

All I can say is WOW!

Thank you SO much K9Angel for being a caring, loving person and such an inspiration. You truly love animals and it brought a tear to my eye reading this story.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

How wonderful Rach! Gives me hope for Lani, she is such a gorgeous girl but with special needs and having been here well over a year now I have almost accepted she is here to stay. Even though her own special family would be much better for her.

Maybe Lani's happy ever after is just a while coming like Alaska's has been.

Well done Rach & Alaska!

I am sure Lani's home is out there Caz. If Alaska can find a home, I am sure Lani can. Alaska is so shy around new ppl. Despite trying our best to bring her out of her shell - and despite the progress she has made - She still keeps a distance with her tail between her legs and even gets a tremble up. It's very sad to see and makes you wonder what or who made her that way. :( She is fine around us though, very loyal and loving.

There have been only a few enquiries for Alaska over the time she has been here, and the two families that have been to meet her, weren't the right ones.

Dogs sense the 'right' people. I know Alaska did. I am still amazed at just how well she took to them.

She is going to love being in her own family and I know for sure she is going to be spoiled. Penny got straight down on the ground, didn't care about dirt or hair - she just wanted to be close to Alaska. When I saw that, and the way she was babying her - I knew she was the one, her new Mummy. It was all a matter of whether their Jasmine took to Alaska and vice versa.

And when they did hit it off, the happy tears flowed. I knew Alaska's long wait was over - she would finally be going home.

All it took was one enquiry. One person - the right person - to see her ad, and I am sure the right family for Lani is out there somewhere too - it's just a matter of time before they find her. :)

If Harold and Alaska have found their perfect homes, then there is definitely going to be one for Lani eventually... she really is a sweet and playful young girl under that slightly wary exterior... oh - and remember how she reacted to me when I brought out the treats? She was quite happy for me to play with her once I'd given her treats and a gentle word...

T.

Wow... what an amazing journey... well done K9Angel..!

I thought i would read the first couple posts to get an idea for the beginnings... and all 12 pages later... all I can say is wow... some very lucky huskies to have crossed your path!

Thank you :)