Dog Odour

dBUG

I need to ask a really dumb question :laugh:

Can the Odour-Go be used outside on grass and plants?

My dog has recently taken a fancy to having his morning piddle on my rosemary bush which is about 2m away from the back door and despite me hosing it off daily it is starting to STINK :thumbsup:

I've tried citronella (to keep him off) and white vinegar and water (for the smell) but it's not doing much good. I've been meaning to get some Odour-Go for inside for a while now and am wondeing if it might help with the outside problem too??

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SecretKei, I have absolutely no idea. But, I guess if you dilute it quite a bit, you could always give it a go on part of the grass/plant and see what happens. It's not acid or anything too lethal.

I cleaned my deck again today and washed it down with the Talc odour-go. I think this is one of my favourite scents, as well as the lavender one. The natural is also good. Haven't used much of the peppermint as yet, but mopped inside with the lemon, and have yet to use the musk.

Edited by VJB

Another happy customer of odour go here.

After reading about it in this tread, I ordered talc scent. Up till now used it on Deck, doggy bed, Garbage Bins, cat bed, and dog toilet area ( no plants there). Huge success.

Edited by Misha

• 3 weeks later...

SK - it cost me the same, with postage ($58). You need to purchase it direct at this stage. But I think it is good stuff and it should last you a good amount of time. I've only ever used mine diluted (on and in almost everything) and the smell is quite strong and (the scent) lasts for a couple of days or so. Place smells neutrally fresh after that.

It's helping me at the moment because I'm needing to cook chicken for each of my boy's meals at the moment. Assists in getting rid of the boiled chicken smell :heart: .

I need to help me with urine smell on the new couch :heart: Im hoping I can just spray it on to the couch, if i dilute it with water and put it in a spray bottle.......bicarb hasnt worked, and novac doesnt last that long :eek:

I am going to finally get my self into gear and get a bottle..

Nothing else is working for the cats & doggy smell :):wave::rofl:

Can anyone recommend be a scent?

I one better then another for getting rid of the pet odours?

I think the Talc smells nice and fresh, as does the Lavender. There is also one called Natural which is a good choice too. I think so far these are my favourite, but then again, the Apple is nice too. Geez,,, doesn't seem like I can make up my mind. Um,,,, any one of the above 4 would be a good choice.

Jacquilee81, I do think it would cover up the smell for a while, but I'm going to suggest you spray it heavily with a bottle of Urine Off or similar first, as this will break down the enzymes that are in the urine that give off the odour you are talking about. After that has been done, you would be able to freshen up with the Odour Go.

I had to laugh about a month ago when our sewerage overflowed here. Disgusting for Hubby who had to get on some gloves and clean it out. As he was about to 'hurl' :thumbsup: I said "Don't worry darling, I'll go and get the smelly stuff". Gave a good spray, undiluted, and the poor man nearly choked on overpowering scent (which was better than sewer though). :thumbsup:

Edited by VJB

I am going to finally get my self into gear and get a bottle..

Nothing else is working for the cats & doggy smell :o :p :p

Can anyone recommend be a scent?

I one better then another for getting rid of the pet odours?

I think the Talc smells nice and fresh, as does the Lavender. There is also one called Natural which is a good choice too. I think so far these are my favourite, but then again, the Apple is nice too. Geez,,, doesn't seem like I can make up my mind. Um,,,, any one of the above 4 would be a good choice.

Jacquilee81, I do think it would cover up the smell for a while, but I'm going to suggest you spray it heavily with a bottle of Urine Off or similar first, as this will break down the enzymes that are in the urine that give off the odour you are talking about. After that has been done, you would be able to freshen up with the Odour Go.

I had to laugh about a month ago when our sewerage overflowed here. Disgusting for Hubby who had to get on some gloves and clean it out. As he was about to 'hurl' :cry: I said "Don't worry darling, I'll go and get the smelly stuff". Gave a good spray, undiluted, and the poor man nearly choked on overpowering scent (which was better than sewer though). :thumbsup:

Hi VJB - have you tried the vanilla scent? I have the talc and agree it is a really nice fresh scent. I've taken your hints and I pour some in the drains, in the car, put in the water for mopping the floors, soaked a cotton wool ball and sucked it into the vacuum cleaner - really great product and the 5lt bottle will last for ages. Thanks again for the recommendation.

Thanks VJB - Ill purchase some urine off. I have been masking with BiCarb and vinegar, but it seems to be an issue at the moment. Mia is just so excitable and nervous that she wees anywhere. Alot.

I am going to get the 5L lavender I think, might send off my order tomorrow.....quite excited actually.

Cheers,

Jacqui

Hi VJB - have you tried the vanilla scent? I have the talc and agree it is a really nice fresh scent. I've taken your hints and I pour some in the drains, in the car, put in the water for mopping the floors, soaked a cotton wool ball and sucked it into the vacuum cleaner - really great product and the 5lt bottle will last for ages. Thanks again for the recommendation.

No, I've not tried the Vanilla scent, but would like to. I did send an email to supplier asking why the vanilla is not listed in the "pet odour section", and his response was that certain odours are known to bond with a different mix of scents, which offsets the offending odour.... (if that makes sense). Although he did say that if I really liked that particular scent, he doesn't think it would be a problem neutralising odours given that I'm a one dog household. So, go ahead and try the Vanilla. Then you can let us all know what you think. :rofl:

Thanks VJB - Ill purchase some urine off. I have been masking with BiCarb and vinegar, but it seems to be an issue at the moment. Mia is just so excitable and nervous that she wees anywhere. Alot.

I am going to get the 5L lavender I think, might send off my order tomorrow.....quite excited actually.

Cheers,

Jacqui

Yep, I think getting the actual urine smell away first would be a great help. Remember to dilute a fair bit though, or you'll nearly pass out. It's easy to just get carried away with spraying, which is fine diluted, but very overpowering straight from the bottle. You can make it any strength you like. Either way, it should last you a fair while.

I have seen this topic so many times on the first page but havn't come in here because I thought it would contain all the usual advise you get in these topics. So glad I decided to have a peek in here.

Anyway, I'm definitely going to order some but like others a bit unsure of which scent to go for.

Normally with smelly stuff I don't really like musk scents but like fresh scents such as citrus, apple or peppermint but I am thinking this talc one sounds like the go. Does it smell very powdery :) if you know what I mean?

Does anyone wish they had ordered a different scent? If so, which one DID you order? :D

Thanks for the rec, VJB.

I have the Vanilla.

Absolutely love it, I have a live indoors Dobermann girl who isn't really very smelly and it works a treat.

Have sprayed it directly onto fabric couches (that she sleeps on) and it's fabulous.

Sprayed it on my mattress and pillows Monday when I changed the sheets just for a freshen up - perfect.

I don't like strong perfume smells which is why I steared towards the vanilla (love vanilla candles etc), it isn't listed under the pet section but works brilliantly for me.

Can't wait to get into my 'smelly teenage sons rooms' and give everything a freshen up!

I have seen this topic so many times on the first page but havn't come in here because I thought it would contain all the usual advise you get in these topics. So glad I decided to have a peek in here.

Anyway, I'm definitely going to order some but like others a bit unsure of which scent to go for.

Normally with smelly stuff I don't really like musk scents but like fresh scents such as citrus, apple or peppermint but I am thinking this talc one sounds like the go. Does it smell very powdery :eek: if you know what I mean?

Does anyone wish they had ordered a different scent? If so, which one DID you order? :)

Thanks for the rec, VJB.

Corrie, I would say the Talc is a definite 'talc scent', so yes, it does smell powdery, in a fresh clean kind of way, not in a musty heavy way. I think I prefer the apple over the peppermint as a general household scent. Peppermint is great for bathrooms etc.

Ok Ness you got me too ..... I'm ordering an Apple and a Talc version - 1 dog wasn't so smelly, 2 dogs and I'm really noticing it .... thanks !!!!

Yeeaaahhh Fiona, you'll love both those 'flavours'. Let us know what you think.

I have the Vanilla.

Absolutely love it, I have a live indoors Dobermann girl who isn't really very smelly and it works a treat.

Have sprayed it directly onto fabric couches (that she sleeps on) and it's fabulous.

Sprayed it on my mattress and pillows Monday when I changed the sheets just for a freshen up - perfect.

I don't like strong perfume smells which is why I steared towards the vanilla (love vanilla candles etc), it isn't listed under the pet section but works brilliantly for me.

Can't wait to get into my 'smelly teenage sons rooms' and give everything a freshen up!

:rofl: I don't have teenage sons, but I think your on to a good thing with the odour removal technique. I'm really after a Vanilla sample now....... make sure you all tell the supplier it was from VJB on DOL and he might send me a Vanilla sample. ;)

Oh, and I think we need to have a new thread, because I've always wondered about whether people are missing out on this product because they don't read the thread all the way through. Maybe I'll start one and name it the most successful odour removal ever!!

Edited by VJB

New thread on Best ever odour removal started with details to website. If you have this product and would like to tell us what you think, can you please put it in the new thread, so others can see.

Great news for those who are trying it and loving it. :D

I didn't know know where to get on this run-away-train,heh folks any-thing is better than urine smell. Probably none left with all these orders,so busy making it no time to send it ;)

VJP where is the other thread with lots of remedies etc?

Is it full or are remedies still being added?