Kenol Whelping Boxes

Baileys mum

I have had one since the early 90's. :happydance::thumbsup::) ;)

Only prob is that it was loaned out and the laundry flooded and the door was on the floor, thus got wet and swelled. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Gotta get Andisa's friend to make me a new one. :thumbsup: ;) ;)

Kenol was not interested in doing that. :thumbsup:

Otherwise very good. ;) :)

Thanks guys, I rang the guy up yesterday & they sound really great. We have just bred our bitch (first litter ) so we are very far of any confirmation. But we have been planning this breeding for over 2 yrs & are a little excited & are just thinking ahead of time, while we are playing the waiting game. :happydance:

I think we might actually go & have a look at them anyway, as he also sells Vet bed, puppy feeders & other miscellaneous bits & pieces.

I also rang up another lady who has an ad in the dogs vic magazine, & she also sells whelping boxes aswell as hiring them out. She told me that seeing it's my first litter, that she would recommend that I hire one, rather than buy a new one,( in case I decide not to breed again) but I worry that a hire box might carry some nasty diseases (I'm a little paranoid when it comes to things like that)especially as she told me that one of her recent customers whole litter came down with parvo & she had to use hospital grade disinfectant to clean the hire box, when it came back. So after hearing this I really would prefer my own brand new one, & I can always sell it again in the future if I have too.

Also where would be the best place to purchase all my whelping supplies from?

Like I said where still far off from any sort of confirmation, but I don't see any harm in starting to plan ahead of time Just in case, & we are trying to think positive & have our fingers crossed that our bitch whelps a lovely litter of healthy Aussie terrier pups sometime at the start of May. :)

But I have to say I think the waiting is going to kill us :thumbsup: , how do you guys do it all the time?

Thanks everyone

Nicole

I have a Kenol and it's great, it is fibreglass and easy to clean, has the railing and thermostat. Problem is I got my measurements wrong and it's a little large for a sheltie :thumbsup: they are heavy to lift.

I understand Sway is the owner of this business. http://www.whelpingsupplies.com.au/

You are about to join the waiting game: Wait for them to come into season, for due date, for their eyes to open, then wait for the wee, pooh, chew stage, the last is you can't wait until they go becuase you are fed up with cleaning up the mess. :happydance:

Thanks for the link Hesapandabear, :thumbsup: I had a look & wow!! what a great site, it seems like Sway has nearlly everything I'll need there, which is very handy. Seeing I'm a newbie & still have absolutely nothing yet, I think I'll probably buy one of the whelping kits aswell as other bits of pieces.

I have a Kenol and it's great, it is fibreglass and easy to clean, has the railing and thermostat. Problem is I got my measurements wrong and it's a little large for a sheltie :) they are heavy to lift.

I understand Sway is the owner of this business. http://www.whelpingsupplies.com.au/

You are about to join the waiting game: Wait for them to come into season, for due date, for their eyes to open, then wait for the wee, pooh, chew stage, the last is you can't wait until they go becuase you are fed up with cleaning up the mess. :cheer:

They are fibreglass?

They must make a few from different materials then. All the ones I've seen are craft wood based with white and aluminium lined on edges to stop chewing. Kenol do not recommend leaving the whelping box out in the open weather or hosing it down which would be very strange for a fibreglass whelping box.

If you get one from Kenol (I have one and it's brilliant!) get some of their fluffy blankets too, the ones that take the moisture away and put it onto the newspaper underneath. They are very expensive but last forever and are fantastic! Can't remember what they are called... maybe wikaway or something? Mine are blue.

Thanks for the link Hesapandabear, :o I had a look & wow!! what a great site, it seems like Sway has nearlly everything I'll need there, which is very handy.

very cheekily asks, Nearly everything, what else do you need or want?

That way i can stock it ;)

Sway you have everything I need, except for the whelping box & vet bed, but ithat's alright as it looks like I might be going to Kenol for those things.

Hopefully you will be hearing from me in a month or so with a nice big order. :(

Edited by Baileys mum