Hernia's - Care To Share Your Knowledge?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope you get is sorted very soon and she gets returned ot you.

Surely the vet would choose a rescue that the dog has been with over a mad woman who wants a totally healthy dog euthanased for no good reason other than she is quite mad?

No vet in their right mind would death for a perfectly healthy dog over being returned to a rescue with a great history-surely?

No vet in their right mind would death for a perfectly healthy dog over being returned to a rescue with a great history-surely?

What he might want to do and what he might feel legally obliged to do might be two different things. I feel for the vet in this case - but boy what a looney that woman sounds like!

What he might want to do and what he might feel legally obliged to do might be two different things. I feel for the vet in this case - but boy what a looney that woman sounds like!

I do realise that, however if he is the one left deciding who actually owns the dog, his decision will be swayed I am sure. I also feel sorry for the vet, and I hope the mad woman has karma bite her on the bum badly.

I think it will be a case of the vet either has to euth the dog as the owner requested or if they are not prepared to do that, hand it back to them. If the paperwork was completed and the money was paid, sadly that person that took the dog to the vet to be euth'd, is the legal owner.

The money was paid to our vet not us so that my legal advice says that is not payment.

The paperwork is also still in our name - no paperwork was sent with the dog as if the dog is swapped from one trailer to another the paperwork often doesn't get handed over. We've found it safer to post once the dog arrives.

We still haven't heard anything. The breed rescue is trying to get the dog back to us also.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Been following this thread...has there been a settlement of this???? Hoping no news is good news here, for the interests of future rescues/rehoming I hope it is decided soon so that measures can be inacted to ensure this doesnt happen again. Thoughts to those affected by this case.