Obedience Instructors Going Too Far!

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

READ THE POST dont you read things

Why don't you read the posts??? Don't you read things???

Why can't you answer the questions that have been asked numerous times re. the GSD being reprimanded - in whatever way - for running away? By not addressing these questions it leads many of us who are following this thread with interest to believe that you are hiding something?

... and the food refusal happened at another club entirely. So Tazmadman probably doesn't have anything to do with the food refusal thing.

I think that's what's going on, anyway. :D

You're right, Staranais - my apologies to Ms Faye and Tazmadman for mis-reading that part of the OP's opening post.

I don't think Tazmadman has done anything that should warrant him/her being banned from DOL either. The only people that are being hurt by the unprofessionalism shown by Ms Faye and Tazmadman in their manner of posting is the Club in question, the name of which hasn't been disclosed here. Unprofessionalism isn't really a new thing on DOL. Ms Faye and Tazmadman are not obliged to recite the story (as they see it) of what they claim actually occured at the Club, nor are they obliged to reveal and justify what they do, how they do it and why. If it were me, I would probably want to especially if the telling of the events were incorrect. But that is personal choice and not something that would or should be considered mandatory.

My main purpose for posting here is more to re-assure people reading that the account of events as given by the OP is not the usual approach to training, regardless of whether the training Club be "positive only" (so to speak) or "balanced" methodology based. As a professional trainer who runs classes I don't wish people to be suspicious that scenes such as have been described are the 'norm' for all or most Clubs and I suspect and see that there are other professional and respectable Schools and Clubs that would be likewise in thought.

Edited by Erny

Tazmadman:

you heard privatly you wernt there so you are posting something that do dont know is true

what crap you wernt there so dont give a opinion

I won't express an opinion on the veracity of this incident but my opinion of the behaviour of club members who joined this forum to attack the OP is that it reflects poorly on them and their club.

I sincerely hope people thinking of attending a dog training club can be convinced not all clubs conduct themselves in this manner.

Miss Squish, time to find another club.

@@huski yes i am refering to you you were not there you heard it second hand and you posted rubbish to deliberatly fuel the fire and it does not allow the truth to come out

im over it this has gone to the dogs :D

you lot obviosly dont read the posts properly there was no mistreating of a dog in class for gods sake there was 20 people in that class and the only one who has said anything is the original poster who then stated it was not that bad ??????

and everyone here has blown it out of proportion

it is finished here as far as i am concerned you all can go make this a 50 page sped all going on about something you didnt witness if the person complaining has a problem she can take it up with the club

goodby

I haven't posted any rubbish, I've simply asked you questions about what apparently occurred. If you want to air your dirty laundry on a public forum be prepare for people to question you.

Obviously you must have been there to witness it otherwise you would not be able to call Miss Squish a liar - so, did she make the entire thing up and nothing happened at all? The dog was never off leash, or if it was, never ran off of it's own accord? You were there, why don't you tell us what really happened?

You've done far more damage to your clubs reputation through your posts on this forum than Miss Squish could possibly have done herself.

I must say that I admire Miss Squish's ability to hold herself from posting further. It takes one hell of a person to do that.

Miss Squish if you are still reading the posts, I would suggest, as others already have, to move on and find another club. Not just because of your dissatisfaction with some of the methods, but more for the reason that you will now be the target of their attacks if you return.

It is quite obvious to us why you were not comfortable reporting the incident...judging by their approach, they probably would have taunted you just for doing so.

Tazmadman:

I support your right to reply and defend your club, but don't understand why you have joined to defend a club that hasn't been named?

How do you know it's your club?

I can only assume Miss Squish attends your club and you have put 2 and 2 together, rather weak assumption to so viciously attack someone, especially to talk of legal action and statutory declarations.

But lets move on, has the club President done an impartial, thorough and fair investigation because you state that you "Will be speaking to the class to get statutory declarations signed" indicating the club hasn't.

If the club hasn't conducted a thorough and fair investigation at this stage how can you say "nothing happened" and call the OP a liar?

Were you there at the time the alleged incident didn't happen??

You also state "the instructor concerned" as no one has been mentioned publically where are you getting this from??

Be best all round for the club President to quietly do an impartial, thorough and fair investigation as I think the attitude being displayed will further alienate members due to the unprofessionalism, if/when they find out the club allegedly involved.

As already mentioned the 2 new posters on this thread have done much more to tarnish unsaid club than anything else!!

My dog, wow....... :cheer:

you dont get it there was no mistreating of a dog in class how many times do you need to be told it was a lie which she herself posted what she said was not exactly true

no there is no need for me to explain as there has been nothing wrong done end of story

@@huski yes i am refering to you you were not there you heard it second hand and you posted rubbish to deliberatly fuel the fire and it does not allow the truth to come out

im over it this has gone to the dogs :cheer:

you lot obviosly dont read the posts properly there was no mistreating of a dog in class for gods sake there was 20 people in that class and the only one who has said anything is the original poster who then stated it was not that bad ??????

and everyone here has blown it out of proportion

it is finished here as far as i am concerned you all can go make this a 50 page sped all going on about something you didnt witness if the person complaining has a problem she can take it up with the club

goodby

Bit hard when you can't spell anything properly nor use full stops, commas etc.

Hope your training methods are better then your spelling

what about the attacks on the club ???????? does that not matter

Attacks on what club???, I live in SA and can't guess what club we are talking about, no club has been named here. :cheer:

The incidents spoken about may not have happened at your club Tazmadman and perhaps it's another club that the OP is referring to???

you may say what you want i would reccomend you come to the office on wed night to discuss it because its funny how we have been told quite a differant story from members on sunday who were in the class and if you SAW this why didnt you say something on the night ???????????????????????????? because there are 2 very differant stories

Huh? Are you referring to my post? I don't attend the club or even live in SA, I am just saying that people who witnessed it have messages me privately about the incident.

Would you mind responding to my questions regarding why the dog would be punished after being returned to the class and why it was off leash in the first place? So far not one instuctor from the club has been willing to answer. Honestly your behaviour on this forum would put me off attending the club regardless of if Miss Squish's account of the incident is accurate or not.

Me too. I am pretty sure I know which club it is and I can tell you I will not be attending it nor recommending it to anyone. The unprofessionalism of tazmadman and MsFaye on the forum does not leave me much hope in their professionalism at the club. If there is nothing to hide, why not answer the questions that a couple people in the thread regarding the training and reprimand techniques, instead of treating everyone here like they are idiots and don't know the first thing about training. [Just for your FYI a few of the members posting and asking questions in here ARE dog behaviourists and know what they are talking about.] The fact you are avoiding these questions makes me wonder what the club does have to hide.

Every sees what happens differently, just because their account is slightly different to someone else's, doesn't mean they are a liar. Each person is different and pick up on slightly different things in an incident, you don't see police witness statements all identical from an incident. It's doesn't mean someone is lying, it just means they saw the incident differently.

Has tazmadman left us or been kicked off DOL?? :confused:

I don't see why s/he would be kicked off? She wasn't particularly polite, but I don't think she actually broke any rules?

Yes s/he has. Personally attacking the OP is against the rules. Calling her a liar and such is classified as personal attacks.

Can someone PM me what club this is? I'm from Adelaide and have no idea. But what I do know is that there is no way in hell I want to ever join it!!!! Not because of anything to do with the original post but because of the disgusting attitude of the instructors there as has been demonstrated on this forum.

I thought I would post ... I have just found a wonderful obedience/agility club.

I have been out a few times to check them out before joining and I must say that in over 10 years it is the only club I have ever seen where the dogs actually look happy and enjoyed their training. :coffee:

At the end of the day I believe dogs works better when they are motivated and happy.

I thought I would post ... I have just found a wonderful obedience/agility club.

I have been out a few times to check them out before joining and I must say that in over 10 years it is the only club I have ever seen where the dogs actually look happy and enjoyed their training. :coffee:

At the end of the day I believe dogs works better when they are motivated and happy.

Could you let me know of the club? I am currently looking for a place to attend :sleep: