Ellz' ...what Not To Wear!

ellz

Ok, I went digging for the afore-mentioned photo of moi in a kilt and unfortunately (:whiteflag:) have had no joy finding it as yet.... however whilst searching I did find this pic... check out the footwear! :confused: Can't believe I showed in those shoes :laugh: Circa 1994-ish....

post-14394-1269524486_thumb.jpg

I can't see the entire shoe, but to be honest, there is nothing wrong with them as long as they are worn with the right outfit. They are a LOT more stylish than the dreaded runners that look SO DORKY! If the ones in the photo have sensible bottoms, they are fine show shoes as long as they are comfortable.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I went digging for the afore-mentioned photo of moi in a kilt and unfortunately (;)) have had no joy finding it as yet.... however whilst searching I did find this pic... check out the footwear! ;) Can't believe I showed in those shoes :) Circa 1994-ish....

post-14394-1269524486_thumb.jpg

For casual everyday wear, I'd wear those shoes with a pair of light denim jeans and t-shirt in a heartbeat.

As previously mentioned, I highly recommend the Enell Sports Bra for well-endowed ladies.

I was fortunate enough to have found a seller on Ebay USA who were selling two for the price of less than one so even taking x-rates into account, the bras plust postage were still a lot less than it would have cost me to purchase one from Australia.

Off to look at ebay..... ;)

Ok, I went digging for the afore-mentioned photo of moi in a kilt and unfortunately (;)) have had no joy finding it as yet.... however whilst searching I did find this pic... check out the footwear! :) Can't believe I showed in those shoes :laugh: Circa 1994-ish....

I want those shoes! They'd look fabo with the suit I purchased from Sway!! ;)

Ok, I went digging for the afore-mentioned photo of moi in a kilt and unfortunately (:)) have had no joy finding it as yet.... however whilst searching I did find this pic... check out the footwear! :wave: Can't believe I showed in those shoes :rofl: Circa 1994-ish....

I want those shoes! They'd look fabo with the suit I purchased from Sway!! :cheer:

:D Sorry Ellz, they are loooooong gone now!!

Does no-one else think they look like shoes that a character from a Brothers Grimm fairytale might wear? The whole big buckle thing? :cheer: Anyhoo, I loved them at the time and did literally wear them till they fell to pieces :eek:

Ok, I went digging for the afore-mentioned photo of moi in a kilt and unfortunately (:)) have had no joy finding it as yet.... however whilst searching I did find this pic... check out the footwear! :eek: Can't believe I showed in those shoes :cry: Circa 1994-ish....

I want those shoes! They'd look fabo with the suit I purchased from Sway!! :cheer:

:wave: Sorry Ellz, they are loooooong gone now!!

Does no-one else think they look like shoes that a character from a Brothers Grimm fairytale might wear? The whole big buckle thing? :D Anyhoo, I loved them at the time and did literally wear them till they fell to pieces :cry:

*sings* "Everything old is new again........" :rofl:

Nope, I really do like them.

I had an EXCELLENT find at an op shop the other weekend.....Rajacadoo-doo-doo, Tassie and I think Maxbox saw them. A pair of brand new, patent black Kumpfs. Flat with a strap and a small buckle on the side. SUPER comfy and for 50 cents I just couldn't say no. They'd never even been worn from the looks of them. Considering they're usually up in the high $80s to purchase new, I think I got a bargain! :cheer:

Ok, I went digging for the afore-mentioned photo of moi in a kilt and unfortunately (:)) have had no joy finding it as yet.... however whilst searching I did find this pic... check out the footwear! :cry: Can't believe I showed in those shoes :cry: Circa 1994-ish....

:rofl: Sorry Ellz, they are loooooong gone now!!

Does no-one else think they look like shoes that a character from a Brothers Grimm fairytale might wear? The whole big buckle thing? :wave: Anyhoo, I loved them at the time and did literally wear them till they fell to pieces :cry:

*sings* "Everything old is new again........" :eek:

I had an EXCELLENT find at an op shop the other weekend.....Rajacadoo-doo-doo, Tassie and I think Maxbox saw them. A pair of brand new, patent black Kumpfs. Flat with a strap and a small buckle on the side. SUPER comfy and for 50 cents I just couldn't say no. They'd never even been worn from the looks of them. Considering they're usually up in the high $80s to purchase new, I think I got a bargain! :cheer:

50c???? Score!!!! :D Some of my best show outfits over the years have cost less than $10 in total from various op-shops :o

Edited by poindexter888

Ok, I went digging for the afore-mentioned photo of moi in a kilt and unfortunately (:rofl:) have had no joy finding it as yet.... however whilst searching I did find this pic... check out the footwear! ;) Can't believe I showed in those shoes :o Circa 1994-ish....

I want those shoes! They'd look fabo with the suit I purchased from Sway!! :laugh:

:) Sorry Ellz, they are loooooong gone now!!

Does no-one else think they look like shoes that a character from a Brothers Grimm fairytale might wear? The whole big buckle thing? :D Anyhoo, I loved them at the time and did literally wear them till they fell to pieces :D

*sings* "Everything old is new again........" :)

I had an EXCELLENT find at an op shop the other weekend.....Rajacadoo-doo-doo, Tassie and I think Maxbox saw them. A pair of brand new, patent black Kumpfs. Flat with a strap and a small buckle on the side. SUPER comfy and for 50 cents I just couldn't say no. They'd never even been worn from the looks of them. Considering they're usually up in the high $80s to purchase new, I think I got a bargain! :laugh:

I can vouch for the shoes... If only I was the same size, and somehow between Mr R and the 2 Miss R's, Id be stealing them off you :):)

I've also picked up some really, really nice jackets from Ebay USA too. Most cost under $20 Australian, including postage and x-rates!! :rofl:

Yep I can vouch for these too :):):) . This time I prolly could wear them, but the problem is Im not showing anything anymore :laugh::laugh: :D

Ok, I went digging for the afore-mentioned photo of moi in a kilt and unfortunately ( :D ) have had no joy finding it as yet.... however whilst searching I did find this pic... check out the footwear! :rofl: Can't believe I showed in those shoes :( Circa 1994-ish....

I want those shoes! They'd look fabo with the suit I purchased from Sway!! :angel:

:rofl: Sorry Ellz, they are loooooong gone now!!

Does no-one else think they look like shoes that a character from a Brothers Grimm fairytale might wear? The whole big buckle thing? :( Anyhoo, I loved them at the time and did literally wear them till they fell to pieces :(

Yes I did, but I didn't want to speak out against the popular opinion :(

As previously mentioned, I highly recommend the Enell Sports Bra for well-endowed ladies.

I have worn mine to three shows now and for the first time in many years haven't suffered from crippling head, neck and back aches for the week following each show!

I was also asked by a couple of people if I had lost weight (which I have actually) or had a boob reduction and a couple of other larger ladies also asked me what I did. To me, that's one of the highest recommendations that a product can receive. :angel:

I've also ridden my horse without pain for the first time in a long time. I used to wear 3 bras when I rode but the Enell has made it comfortable again.

They are NOT cheap.....from an Australian stockist they will cost well over the $100 mark each. To purchase from Enell directly from the USA, they will set you back around $80USD each plus postage. I was fortunate enough to have found a seller on Ebay USA who were selling two for the price of less than one so even taking x-rates into account, the bras plust postage were still a lot less than it would have cost me to purchase one from Australia.

I should mention too that they are one of the few bras where it won't necessarily matter if you purchase one a size or two too small. They are designed to LITERALLY "hug you tight". They take a bit of getting used to, but now that I'm accustomed to them, I only take them off at night to sleep.

LOVE LOVE LOVE my Enells!!! :D

just looked these up on ebay and they are in us sizing, ie, size 2, 4, 6 etc. How do you work out the appropriate aussie sizes (I sure as eggs can't fit into a size 6 Aussie sizing)

Enells are a different sizing to regular bras. I'll find in aussie site for sizing and post it. The sizing is the same in the USA.

There is a "fitting guide" just under the description. HERE

Or directly HERE

Edited by whippets

just looked these up on ebay and they are in us sizing, ie, size 2, 4, 6 etc. How do you work out the appropriate aussie sizes (I sure as eggs can't fit into a size 6 Aussie sizing)

To give you an idea....my girls are usually around a 28E or 28FF depending upon the bra brand. I'm wearing a size 5 Enell. I did wonder at the time if that may be a bit small, but I think if I'd gone the next size up, they may not have the same effect and would probably move on me which wouldn't assist the bounceless concept much.

I think it's fine if you want to post photos of yourself, but posting embarrassing photos of others (even if they are publicly somewhere else doesnt' make it ok - and beside they are not your photos to POST ) and making rude comments is not very appropriate and some things that are said are downright mean.

I see there is a similar "group" on facebook - some people need to grow up - you are acting like teenage bullies. Putting down other people may make you feel better, but you should ask why you need to feel better???

I wear runners with my show outfits. Why? Because if I wear those nice looking normal shoes, I have shin splints and can't walk for the rest of the week from injury. I have literally been unable to walk for a day after running in the wrong shoes. Nothing is worth that to me. If it means that I have people commenting on my fashion faux pas, fortunately it doesn't bother me one little bit.

Edited by nynka

I think it's fine if you want to post photos of yourself, but posting embarrassing photos of others (even if they are publicly somewhere else doesnt' make it ok - and beside they are not your photos to POST ) and making rude comments is not very appropriate and some things that are said are downright mean.

Exactly.

And if you read a post I made a little while back, I pointed out that the purpose of this thread was to post photos of YOURSELF making fashion faux pas, not to embarrass or shame other people.