My First Time

HugUrPup

:rofl: I am so excited to be able to help out in a rescue this week. He's a Staffy (the thread is here somewhere apparently) and his name is Fonz.

I will have my kids with me, and I have a Kia grand carnival with only 1 bench seat in the back where the boot would be if I laid the seat down. I am wondering how the dog will go being harnessed to a seat belt by a total stranger, or if I should crate him and put the crate in the back area instead?

What do you all think would be the most comfortable for him? I am not sure how nervous rescue dogs are after a short flight :D

Any tips would be great thanks :eek:

Genie, where is he coming from? Has he been quarantined?? If not (and even if he has), I would strongly suggest you use a crate and that the crate is disinfected before re-use. The last thing you need is to bring disease into your home where it can affect Ollie and Miley. Not only that, but worms and fleas can affect your children.

Genie, where is he coming from? Has he been quarantined?? If not (and even if he has), I would strongly suggest you use a crate and that the crate is disinfected before re-use. The last thing you need is to bring disease into your home where it can affect Ollie and Miley. Not only that, but worms and fleas can affect your children.

Hi Anne, I am picking him from the airport and he is coming from Lithgow pound and not quarantined.

I am dropping him off at the vet for desexing, so he will be in a crate that has been supplied for the trip (not one of my own) and won't be coming home with me.

:D all went well. He was a lovely little guy.. very smoochie and affectionate.

He had a toilet stop at the airport and then jumped in the back of my car and went (reluctantly) back into his crate. A few tears by the end of the trip, but he bounced back at the vet when he got some water and another toilet break :(

He grabs your legs for a cuddle...nawwwwww.