Council Registration Fees

Carluke

Hi all,

Just wondering what was the going rate in other councils. We are in South Gippsland (Victoria) our dog regs have arrived today

Category 1 - Dangerous/Restriced breeds $180 (Am Pit bull, Tosa, Dogo, Canario, Fila)

Category 2 - $60 - Microchipped only

Category 3 - $21.50 Micro & Desexed

only concessions are for Pensioners, Vet affairs, Repat Gold card and War widows.

this is a huge jump from last year where we paid $30 a dog -

Yours in bewilderment

Kate

Edited by Carluke

Logan council in Qld:

1 year

--------------

Entire dog: $88.00

Neutered (desexed) dog: $39.00

Pensioner* - Entire dog: $41.00

Pensioner* - Neutered (desexed) dog: $19.00

Canine Control Council: $54.00

Greyhound Racing Authority: $54.00

Guide Dogs: $0.00

Hearing Dogs: $0.00

3 years

--------------

Entire dog: n/a

Neutered (desexed) dog: $90.00

Pensioner* - Entire dog: 91.00

Pensioner* - Neutered (desexed) dog: $43.00

Canine Control Council: n/a

Greyhound Racing Authority: n/a

Guide Dogs: n/a

Hearing Dogs: n/a

Moreton Bay Region:

$78 for an entire dog and if your a CCC member, it's $63 for an entire dog.....per year.

I haven't got it to hand but I printed out the prices the other day - to register a Dangerous Dog/Restricted Breed it's approx. $370 a year!!!!

Desexed dogs do get it better - about $25 a year. ;)

Hi all,

Just wondering what was the going rate in other councils. We are in South Gippsland (Victoria) our dog regs have arrived today

Category 1 - Dangerous/Restriced breeds $180 (Am Pit bull, Tosa, Dogo, Canario, Fila)

Category 2 - $60 - Microchipped only

Category 3 - $21.50 Micro & Desexed

only concessions are for Pensioners, Vet affairs, Repat Gold card and War widows.

this is a huge jump from last year where we paid $30 a dog -

Yours in bewilderment

Kate

Werribee Victoria

Micro & Desexed - $12.00

Micro Only $36.00

You pay a lot more over that side KAte!!

Interesting to read the differences in prices. Some are just well :laugh:

We are in Nillumbik and are yet to receive the renewals for the dogs..........I must say that I am a little worried now that they may have gone up considerably. Mind you they are very slack at getting them out and letting people have say 28 days notice yet expect you to have them paid on time!

ETA; Carluke is there any explanation as to why the fee has doubled? I have always begrudged having to pay a fee for rego on the dogs as well as a permit fee for them (I think it is a form of double dipping). I just don't get councils and charges. I really do understand why some people do not register their dogs.

Edited by Stolzseinrotts

Just did a search of the council (Alice Springs) by laws regarding registration of dogs.

Not a dollar sign to be seen anywhere so I can't tell you how much. You can however register your dog for life if fitted with a chip. As mine come with chips I pay a very small amount for initial "life" registration. Last time I went through this process a little over $100 from memory.

I have to pay $100 for an annual licence (more than the allowed two dogs) but with my mob that works out very cheap on a per dog basis.

What I had trouble coping with was the 165 articles in the domestic animal by-laws and as I said, no mention of cost, fines for failure to comply, animals at large, pound fees or release fees.

Bloody amazing.

City of Casey

Full Fee $127.30 (a full fee must be paid if the dog has precioulsy been declared a menacing, dangerous or restricted breed)

FF - Pensioner $63.65

Reduced Fee $27.50 (desexed, microchipped, working stock, breeding, VCA member, Obedience trained as per Sec 13 of regs, over 10 years old

RF - Pensioner $13.80

Their fees are quite reasonable considering this council will charge you to wipe your nose!!!

Edited by TrinaJ

Moreton Bay Region:

$78 for an entire dog and if your a CCC member, it's $63 for an entire dog.....per year.

I haven't got it to hand but I printed out the prices the other day - to register a Dangerous Dog/Restricted Breed it's approx. $370 a year!!!!

Desexed dogs do get it better - about $25 a year. :(

Just a heads up for anyone in Moreton Shire - changes are coming....yahhh !!!!

:laugh:

Just received our renewals, they have gone up by about $1 each dog. Our permit went up $2 this year from memory.

I can't understand why we as Dogs Victoria members do not get a much cheaper rate than Joe Public. Looks like Tassie is the place to be for dogs, but I now some councils there are not that dog friendly. :rofl:

Looks like Tassie is the place to be for dogs, but I now some councils there are not that dog friendly. :D

To the best of my knowledge there are only about 3 or 4 council areas in Tasmania which are "truly" dog friendly. The rest are ok in varying degrees DEPENDING upon where you live and what you want to do and of course, how many dogs you wish to keep and what you do with them.

From my experience, the average dog registration fee for Joe Q is about $50. Most councils seem to offer a reduction for TCA members and that can be in the vicinity of $20 or so. They also ALL offer discounts for desexed dogs...usually quite a good reduction. And more and more are offering discounts for microchipped dogs as well.

Most require a kennel permit if you have more than 3 dogs. And these, as in most other parts of Australia, cost a hefty sum for the application and a yearly renewal (usually with inspection) on top of the yearly registration fees.

We have not yet progressed to lifetime registration for microchipped dogs because microchipping is still not compulsory here, but it will be. I doubt however the councils will go for the lifetime rego pull though because dog registrations generate a lot of revenue.

Where I am, in the Central Highlands, can be cold in winter (yes it does snow on occasion) and very hot in summer (usually around 5 degrees hotter than the hottest "official" forecast given for any part of Tasmania that records weather). It is about an hour or so from Hobart. BUT, being a very rural area with a high concentration of cattle and sheep breeding, dogs are considered very important as working animals AND family pets so provided people are sensible, there are no real rules or limits.

It's wonderful to live without Big Brother watching what I do. But, having said that....even though I can have MORE dogs now...I've got less than I've ever owned at any time during my 24 year breeding/exhibiting period. :rofl:

We live in Moreland council in Melb.

Just received our renewal notices TODAY (29 March) and due on April 9.

What happened to giving residents some notice first????

Asking price $34.50 per dog for desexed and microchipped.

I think this is also VCA discount not sure.

BB