Oztrail Compact $129

SwaY

I was looking for a new compact gazebo last week when I saw the BCF one. I nearly bought it & I am so glad I didn't. Open up the box & get the gazebo out before you buy it. What they are advertising as the compact gazebo is in fact a cheaper, less strong product. The original OzTrail compacts come in a powder white frame, the one at BCF (compact Market Gazebo) is made out of a cheaper & what looks like thinner & less strong grey frame. I decided it was worth spending the extra to get the one that could withstand the wind we often get at dog shows. Not sure but I would think the one at Harros Scarf may be the same.

I was looking for a new compact gazebo last week when I saw the BCF one. I nearly bought it & I am so glad I didn't. Open up the box & get the gazebo out before you buy it. What they are advertising as the compact gazebo is in fact a cheaper, less strong product. The original OzTrail compacts come in a powder white frame, the one at BCF (compact Market Gazebo) is made out of a cheaper & what looks like thinner & less strong grey frame. I decided it was worth spending the extra to get the one that could withstand the wind we often get at dog shows. Not sure but I would think the one at Harros Scarf may be the same.

The Harris Scarfe catalogue specifies Oztrial and has a RRP of $229. The BCF Easter weekend catalogue also has pictured the Oztrail Compact with the logo on the picture but it is a 4 day sale. I think they have other brands there that are cheaper than oztrail normally but right now these specials seem to be genuine.

Aussie Disposals have the deluxe for $189 at the moment - I was in there the other day looking at something else and noticed it as I walked past.

The Harris Scarfe ones are DEFINITELY Oztrail. Are packaged Oztrail and have Oztrail logos and contact information all over the box. Marked down from $229 and say so on the signs in front of the display. And they're heavy! But not as heavy as the Deluxe. There's no way I could fit a Deluxe in my car so I'm thrilled to have had the heads up for the Compact. It won't just be useful at shows, I'll be able to use it over the puppy pen here at home in Summer! :laugh:

In this regard, I can reassure everybody. Having been into HS myself and physically sighted the merchandise, unless the HS you happen to deal with via mail order is shonky....then they are the real deal. :bolt:

I received the HS catalogue today.

They have Oztrail Compact 2.4 x 2.4 on sale for $129 normally $229

On sale from 3rd April for a week

Ohone orders 1300 304 505

They layby

Thanks Sway and thanks to whoever had the Puppypen idea, never thought of that, will definately get one for the puppy pen shade.

:bolt:

The Harris Scarfe catalogue specifies Oztrial and has a RRP of $229. The BCF Easter weekend catalogue also has pictured the Oztrail Compact with the logo on the picture but it is a 4 day sale. I think they have other brands there that are cheaper than oztrail normally but right now these specials seem to be genuine.

the one in BCF is an OzTrail. I looked at it, opened the box & got it out to double check & OzTrail seems to now be making 2 different types of OzTrail Compact Gazebos, the standard good quality one (which also folds up smaller) and a cheaper version that is called something like Compact Market Gazebo. The catogue just says Compact Gazebo which is why I looked at it.

Edited by Alison

Just a question for those of you who have a Compact, or who have used a Compact.

It says on the box that a minimum of two people are required to erect the canopy...is this true or can it be woman-handled successfully by one person?

Hi Ellz, easily put up by one person. I put mine up on my own probably 98% of the time. They can be a little stiff to start with, so if you have difficulty, peg one leg down to stretch it out. Once they loosen up, I just get under it and push the middle up to spread it out.

I ended up getting the 'Market' gazebo, which looks exactly like the Compact except the legs fold into 2 instead of 3, and I could put it up myself in the back yard Ellz :eek:

I was going to take it back for the Compact (woman told me the Market gazebo is exactly the same as the Compact gazebo) ;) but the bloody dogs ripped up the box :rofl: