Very Sad News From The Midniara Household Rip Buddy

~Shepherd~

post-16409-1270288269_thumb.jpg

Picture courtesy of Cabal Canine Candids

Goodnight Sweet Buddy, Maria's' pride and joy.

Taken too soon.

It was discovered today that the beautiful "Buddy" Gr Ch Tarraray Midnight Star had an inoperable tumour growing under his heart causing his otherwise healthy body to breakdown due to restricted heart function. He was given his wings.

Maria, Bill and family are devastated.

Buddy was born Born 9 May 2000. Buddy obtained his Australian Grand Champion title and he also was awarded number one Groenendael in Australia under the dogzonline point score in 2006. He gained his Herding Test Certificate on 6 April 2008 after passing two successive Herding Tests.

Buddy was also the first Tasmanian Grand Champion Belgian Shepherd. After Buddy retired he went back in to the ring to help a couple of young junior handlers get some experience being the gentleman he was. He was also going to be my tutor before I became pregnant!!!!

RIP beautiful boy and watch over the wonderful family that you were such a huge part of.

When Midniara is ready, she will share more about this very special boy.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So sorry for the loss, to all concrened, what a remarkable career he has completed and certainly left his mark.

Run free young man at the bridge.

Hugs.

post-16409-1270288269_thumb.jpg

Picture courtesy of Cabal Canine Candids

Goodnight Sweet Buddy, Maria's' pride and joy.

Taken too soon.

It was discovered today that the beautiful "Buddy" Gr Ch Tarraray Midnight Star had an inoperable tumour growing under his heart causing his otherwise healthy body to breakdown due to restricted heart function. He was given his wings.

Maria, Bill and family are devastated.

Buddy was born Born 9 May 2000. Buddy obtained his Australian Grand Champion title and he also was awarded number one Groenendael in Australia under the dogzonline point score in 2006. He gained his Herding Test Certificate on 6 April 2008 after passing two successive Herding Tests.

Buddy was also the first Tasmanian Grand Champion Belgian Shepherd. After Buddy retired he went back in to the ring to help a couple of young junior handlers get some experience being the gentleman he was. He was also going to be my tutor before I became pregnant!!!!

RIP beautiful boy and watch over the wonderful family that you were such a huge part of.

When Midniara is ready, she will share more about this very special boy.

RIP Buddy. Watch over them all from the bridge.

If the tumour under his heart was an hemangiosarcoma, that is also the way I lost my Groen boy many years ago.

Me too, 3 years ago :bolt: That pic of Buddy above is almost exactly the same as one I have of Amy at the same age (14 months) and Squid. They are awsome toddler cleaners!!

I should add that the tumor wasnt tested due to the position, so its not known if it was hermangiosarcoma he had an ultrasound today that showed the large mass compressing his heart. Its such an awful shocking discovery. It takes me back to our terrible time.

Cancer (if it was that) is such a terrible thing in dogs because their pain threshold is so high, they hide it from you almost to the very end. The vet told Mids it had probably been growing there for a year.