Recommend Me A Vet

doggleworth

How about Hornsby vet?

I've only heard good things about Dr Penny Mead - she gave us a lecture a couple of months ago and she certainly knew her stuff in an area that would baffle some of the vets at the practice I take Zero to. Dr Angus Martin was great too (another lecture) - he knew all about BARF diets and wasn't horrorfied by the people who feed them either :laugh:

I know Terranik takes Jedi to see Penny. She wasn't afraid to refer Jedi to a dermatologist instead of trying to handle it herself like some other vets did. She's definitely a fan - Nik would be able to tell you more.

Here's their info:

6 Leonard Street, Hornsby

Phone: (02) 9477 1233

Fax: (02) 9477 2777

Email: [email protected]

http://www.hornsbyvet.com.au/

How about Hornsby vet?

I've only heard good things about Dr Penny Mead - she gave us a lecture a couple of months ago and she certainly knew her stuff in an area that would baffle some of the vets at the practice I take Zero to. Dr Angus Martin was great too (another lecture) - he knew all about BARF diets and wasn't horrorfied by the people who feed them either :D

I know Terranik takes Jedi to see Penny. She wasn't afraid to refer Jedi to a dermatologist instead of trying to handle it herself like some other vets did. She's definitely a fan - Nik would be able to tell you more.

Here's their info:

;)

Excellent choice!

Bit of a shameless plug, but we're in Pennant Hills which isn't that far. Our clients really like Ian - he's only got the animals best interests at heart and will go right out of his way to help out people and their pets. We've taken up the new vacc protocol too and now stocking Eagle Pack Holistic.

I should mention the clinic was previously owned by another vet, but he's since retired and Ian bought the place and moved in with his family, so its under completely new management in case other people knew of the previous vet!

Edited by stormie

How about Hornsby vet?

I've only heard good things about Dr Penny Mead - she gave us a lecture a couple of months ago and she certainly knew her stuff in an area that would baffle some of the vets at the practice I take Zero to. Dr Angus Martin was great too (another lecture) - he knew all about BARF diets and wasn't horrorfied by the people who feed them either :D

Here's their info:

;)

Excellent choice!

How do you know about Hornsby Vet, Souff? Just curious as you seem to live in Vic?

Adding my total 150% recommendation for Penny Mead and Angus Martin.

Have to add that I am always impressed with the energy and enthusisam that Penny and Angus have. It doesn't matter what time of day it is, early or late, they always appear bright and totally focussed on you and your "patient".

Both of them regularly bring in one of the veterinary "bibles" to show me examples of whatever it is we might be discussing.

Edited by Mother Moocher

Bit of a shameless plug, but we're in Pennant Hills which isn't that far. Our clients really like Ian - he's only got the animals best interests at heart and will go right out of his way to help out people and their pets. We've taken up the new vacc protocol too and now stocking Eagle Pack Holistic.

I should mention the clinic was previously owned by another vet, but he's since retired and Ian bought the place and moved in with his family, so its under completely new management in case other people knew of the previous vet!

LOL you bet me to it!

I was going to say Ian at Pennant Hill Vet.

Can't rate them highly enough and from the client side can certainly reiterate stormie's comment re them going out of their way for clients.

Boo gets so excited when he realises we're at the vet and turns himself inside out when he sees Ian.

A friend of mine sees Andrew Morgan and has done for many years. Finds him to be excellent.

A.J.Morgan Veterinary Practice

9 Turner Road

Berowra Heights 2082

9456 2492

0418 280 225

My dogs go to Andrew as well. He's great. Best part is he comes home for annual vaccines and check ups, so the dogs are less stressed.

A friend of mine sees Andrew Morgan and has done for many years. Finds him to be excellent.

A.J.Morgan Veterinary Practice

9 Turner Road

Berowra Heights 2082

9456 2492

0418 280 225

My dogs go to Andrew as well. He's great. Best part is he comes home for annual vaccines and check ups, so the dogs are less stressed.

Another one for Andrew. We take our GSD to Andrew too. :)

How do you know about Hornsby Vet, Souff? Just curious as you seem to live in Vic?

Adding my total 150% recommendation for Penny Mead and Angus Martin.

Oh Souff is a bit of a gypsy actually and has met many wonderful vets and animal people on the journey. :)

Dr Penny Mead knows all there is to know about terriers and I suspect about people - vets like her and Angus are memorable for all the right reasons.

There are vets like them dotted all over the place and their good reputation always precedes them and is worth spreading. DOL is a good place to ask. The snakes and the grim lecturers are also remembered, for all the wrong reasons, but they wont get too many recommendations from Souff.

Next time you see Angus or Penny make sure you tell them that they have been given recommendations from DOL and give them Troy's email address to place an ad on here! hehe

Hooroo! :rofl:

Dr Penny Mead knows all there is to know about terriers and I suspect about people - vets like her and Angus are memorable for all the right reasons.

There are vets like them dotted all over the place and their good reputation always precedes them and is worth spreading. DOL is a good place to ask. The snakes and the grim lecturers are also remembered, for all the wrong reasons, but they wont get too many recommendations from Souff.

Next time you see Angus or Penny make sure you tell them that they have been given recommendations from DOL and give them Troy's email address to place an ad on here! hehe

She has recently purchased a Border Terrier and called him Tiger. Gorgeous little chap.

I will definitely tell them that and that their fame is spreading.

Oh yeah... Dr Penny Mead (Hornsby vet hospital) is my hero! :)

She is amazing and I take my guys to see her now even though it's a 30-40 minute trip out there. She was recommended to me by a bunch of people so I took Jedi to see her when he was having severe allergy problems that none of the other vets I had been to were really helpful with. She was the first to be proactive about Jedi's condition and was willing to take the time with us to work out what was going on with him and what the best plan of action should be. She referred us straight to a vet dermatologist and because of that Jedi has a much better quality of life now. I'll never use another vet as long as Penny is still practicing!

I'll never use another vet as long as Penny is still practicing!

She is going to be practicing as long as I am alive and have pets. She doesn't know that yet, of course :( :D .

Well thank goodness for that! :(