18 Month Old Dog Bashed On Owners Front Lawn

Guest Willow

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's an idea - fix the damn fencing and put the dog behind it. Incredible.

:(

Or if you don't have time to fix it, lock the dog in the house until you can fix the fence, take it to your parents house, pay for boarding, lots of options rather than let it run loose & if you know there is someone out there attacking it, I don't call this loving my dog, I call this callous disregard.

The facts are no one saw wht happened, the dog was in a front yard with shoddy fencing, it had previously escaped over easter period and the owner did not fix the broken fencing from the storm or secure it in the backyard, it was able to get to the neighbours, so it was able to get out, so whether it got out and then was hit or bashed is unknown, it got out and the owner knew it had been out before and made no attempt to put in the backyard with secure fencing, the owner was not protecting his dog when he knew it could get out, when he knew the fencing was broken, and he went to work leaving it in the front yard where it was not safe from passers by or from jumping a fence and getting out, which it did get out ( either before it was injured or after it was injured). It should not have been able to get out if it was secured properly.

He didn't leave it in the front yard, the dog got out of the temporary fencing. When I lived in Perth & was renting, my side fence got blown down, the RE agenst said it ccould take a couple of weeks to get fixed, so I paid to have temporary fencing put up, it took six damn weeks until the owner of the house got the fence fixed.

I was just lucjy that my neighbout knew Kenny when he got out & took him to my place & [ut him inside.

This poor dead dog obviously wasn't vicious, otherwise you would have neighbours complaining about it, plus with the follow up story, the attacker sounds like a real charmer. :(

There is no excuse for bashing the dog but there is also NO EXCUSE why this dog is still allowed to roam. Going by his owners lack of responsibility I believe that the poor dog won't have a very long life span. Contain your animal for his own safety :)

He didn't leave it in the front yard, the dog got out of the temporary fencing. When I lived in Perth & was renting, my side fence got blown down, the RE agenst said it ccould take a couple of weeks to get fixed, so I paid to have temporary fencing put up, it took six damn weeks until the owner of the house got the fence fixed.

I was just lucjy that my neighbout knew Kenny when he got out & took him to my place & [ut him inside.

This poor dead dog obviously wasn't vicious, otherwise you would have neighbours complaining about it, plus with the follow up story, the attacker sounds like a real charmer. :)

I thought this dog was still alive and recovering. Where does it say the dog died?

This poor dead dog obviously wasn't vicious, otherwise you would have neighbours complaining about it, plus with the follow up story, the attacker sounds like a real charmer. :)

I thought this dog was still alive and recovering. Where does it say the dog died?

That is good news I thought he died, that makes me a little happier.

That is good news I thought he died, that makes me a little happier.

Nope, alive and until very recently, still out roaming the neighbourhood. :confused:

This does happen sadly :love:

Our plumber was gardening out the front of his house one day with his old dog sitting in the shade nearby, watching on. A random guy walking past saw the dog, leaned over the fence and bashed it on the head with a big piece of metal he was carrying. No provocation, no reason behind it at all. The man hadn't seen the owner there. Poor lovely old dog had serious injuries and had to be euthanased. I think the guy was charged.

Hope this pup recovers and his owners make sure they have secure fencing which prevents the dog going walk about and prevents strangers accessing the dog.

So much for my near-certainty that it was a car. :D

This does happen sadly :eek:

Our plumber was gardening out the front of his house one day with his old dog sitting in the shade nearby, watching on. A random guy walking past saw the dog, leaned over the fence and bashed it on the head with a big piece of metal he was carrying. No provocation, no reason behind it at all. The man hadn't seen the owner there. Poor lovely old dog had serious injuries and had to be euthanased. I think the guy was charged.

:rofl: OMG! Poor guy actually seeing that happen to his dog, you'd just be so horrified. :laugh: I'd like to say in his shoes I'd see red and rip the head off the person that did it, but I'd be too busy rushing my dog to the vet...

Sometimes I really hate people. :rofl: