Litters Due June 2010

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 puppies born 11.30 - 1.00pm

I have 5 girls, 2 black/tan & 3 rubies. Slight mismarks of white on chest but overal good. Weight ranging 135grm - 195grms. Off to vets, missing placentas

004.jpg

Correction.... 6 puppies, 1 male Ruby. Breached but doing well after aspirating.

We went for our weekly weigh-in today and came out at 33.7 which is a gain of 2.4 since last week and a totla gain of 3.7 kg.

She is 7 weeks and carrying 8 pups - do you think this is too much?

Mercedes,

My rotty whelped a litter of 13 in April, her total weight gain was 11kg - pups weighed from 228 to 354 grams. Her weight at the time of mating was 40kg, and her weight post whelping was 39.5, she was all baby :)

Thanks for that Zed_N_Q.

She was one of a litter of 11 and were all big babies so am expecting similar size. Her dams second litter was 10 and all over 400gm except one tiny boy who didnt make it.

So if you work on the 400gms per pup X 8 pups that's 3.2 kgs plus placentas and fluid I think she is ok. I look at her as an overall picture and she's still running and training and very active. Pretty hearty and healthy I think.

Congratulations Cavalblaze :) Hope mum & babies continue to do well. Wow five girls - were you hoping for girls?

Hope everyone else is travelling well. My girl seems to get a bit bigger every time I turn around. We have two weeks to go from today although vet also said she may go early. Nerves are starting to kick in :eek:

Thanks everyone,

One of our littlest ruby girls isn't doing as well as the others but she is hanging in there. I've called her Mia and her photo is attached.

I just wanted to say a big thanks the Bilbo Baggins. It's so great to have the support and reassurance.

Yes having 5 girls was a shock, my husband believes there is something in the water. I wanted a girl for myself so I'm pleased to have them.

Here is a poor quality photos i took this morning.

001.jpg

003.jpg

007.jpg

How's lil Ruby doing this morning, Cavalblaze?

I have had a terrible night. :confused::laugh::(

I lost a black and tan pup :rofl: , Lele just refused her last night dispite me consently checking and assisting, she died early this morning.

Mia (Ruby) is fading away 120grms this morning, and the other little black and tan is struggling.

I've given them nurtigel, hand feeding by syringe and also trying to get mum to take them on.

Lele is not feeding them consistantly, she won't relax, pushes them away and only the strongest are managing to keep up. She just wants to go outside and then she comes back in and just looks at them.

I've given her a mixture of condense milk/egg/honey this morning, 4 chicken necks and she has finally eaten.

I've got a friend who is a experienced Lab breeder letting me borrow her heat lamp, figure that is a better option than the heat mat as the pups are left by themselves alot and they are getting too cold.

I'm just guttered this morning. :p :):love: Any help or advise would be appreciated.

Oh no ... that's terrible news. So sorry to hear that you lost a pup :confused:

I actually sent you a private message before I read this thread, so at that stage I thought all the pups were still ok ... so it's sad to hear that they aren't.

Did you give her calcium during the birth? Still supplementing her with it?

Maybe try sitting beside the whelping box with her, with her outside the box with you, and just stroke her and talk to her gently to try and make her relax whilst in close proximity to the pups.

I really don't know.

Dani freaked out when she first gave birth and wouldn't go near her pups while she was still whelping, and I was worried she was rejecting them, but once birthing was finished, she was fine.

Have you taken Lele to the vet? She doesn't have any pups still inside does she?

I hope everything improves and that the pups hang in there.

I haven't calcuim supplemented as yet, she has a good supply of milk, it;s leaking out but I will be looking into that.

No puppies that I can feel are remaining and no discharge, temp or anything to suggest that there is a physical problem.

I let her outside for a break and she came back in refreshed and did take them on but she got up when i lefted and wants out again.

I just need to get a baby sitter and then i can lay beside the whelping box and spend all day there reassuring her. At present I'm home alone, I've got my youngest daughter 19 months and i can't get a good run to stay there without my kid complaining or getting into mischeif. Calling for a babysitter and again no bloody answer. So fustrating.

I also could be that she could be getting upset by my interferrence, and that my scent is getting put on the puppies, she seems to be less interested.

She is toileting them, it's just the feeding she is not resting enough for them to attach long enough for a full feed.

At least now they are warmer, i've raised the temp of the room and given more heat and the pups are comfortable.

Even though she is producing plenty of milk she could still have a calcium deficiency.

Just I know it can cause mother dogs to lose interest in nursing and can even cause them to act aggessivley towards the pups. Plus I remember you mentioning (in your pm) about her panting a lot and that can be another symptom. I didn't click when you originally mentioned the panting, but when you also talk about the not feeding the pups as well, it kind of adds up.

Maybe just check with your vet if it could be a possibility