Does Your Oh Allow Your Dog/s To Sleep On The Bed?

Abigail

I love to hear as to whether your OH allows the family dog/s on the bed? Has it proven problematic? I know that my partner has never ever had dogs in the house let alone on the bed; we have discussed this and he has relented as far as allowing our future dogs in the house but whether he will allow them in the bedroom or on the bed is anybody's guess - for now anyway, lol.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:) :D Mine do not go on the bed, mostly......there would be no space for us, with such huge dogs. But when my hubby has to go away for work, my newfie girl Annabelle often takes up his side of the bed. And if we have our sleep in on Sundays, all three scramble up to just have that little lie on the bed thing. I think it is just to get us up for breakfast :love:

I think it is a very personal thing. Our sleep in our bedroom if they want to , but we also have the doors open to our screened in verandah and often they end up there on the cool concrete. In Winter they use their beds more which are next to our bed. But my hubby is a very dog orientated person. In our household it is all about the dogs :love:

DH wants our new mini schnauzer to sleep on our bed but I don't want her to. She is doing so well in her crate, I don't want to change things. DH used to beg for our 2 old goldies to sleep with us, there wouldn't have been room for us!

I don't really like dogs on the bed or other furniture.

Saying that they do have one old lounge in the family room that is theirs and we let visitors sit on it but I warn them first. :)

Now the cats are another matter!

My OH (now an ex) thought much the same as I do.

yep, charlie is allow to go on the bed and furniture, but he has to ask first. since it has been cold lately, he has been sleeping on the bed... between the boyfriend and I. the boyfriend never had a choice on where the pup sleeps actually... then, again, the boyfriend is the biggest push over. whatever me or charlie want, we pretty much get :laugh:

Charlie has been sleeping on the bed with us since the day we got him... never been an issue or problem :D

In summer he will sleep on his own bed on the floor, but winter he will be on the bed.

My DH wouldn't have it any other way! LOL

Most nights our Joey loves being snuggled up in DH's arms (I miss out , but that's cool. the honeymoon period is mostly over with now lol ) ;-)

Not only we have both Cavs sleeping on our bed at night, one cat sleeps on the bed as well, and the other one usually on DH's bedside cupboard next to him lol

I regularly wash our bedding !

On occasions it can get in the way when DH and I want some snuggle time, but the Cavs sleep very deeply once they get to sleep :laugh:

My DH wasn't really brought up with animals, so going from no pets to lots of pets has been a major change for him, but he loves our animals !

Oh and Renae often sits at the kitchen table with us (but we don't allow her to eat from the table, only can sit with us)

Edited by JulesLuvsCavs

The dogs don't start the night on the bed - they sleep in their crates in the bedroom ... when we take the little one out for a toilet break (around 3am) he then goes into the big one's crate for a few more hours of sleep .... then its breakfast at 530am and they are fed separately (big one out in the back room and the pup in the kitchen) - so the humans get to go back to bed for another hour before getting up for work in which time the pup usually climbs up onto the bed after his breakfast for another snooze ....

At night whomever is the first into bed gets the company of 2 GSP's, the last one in gets to kick them off and into their crate :laugh:

Oh and the cat sleeps in the bed under the covers, usually behind my OH's knees or on my pillow (if it is warm) .....

Yep, ours all come to bed with us and they all have their place. Our 16yo Lhasa has a bed and a pile of blankets in the corner of the bedroom and she puts herself to bed after she has dinner. She digs in the blankets til she makes a nest then settles down and stays there all night.

Benson sleeps on the floor by my husbands side of the bed, although on hot nights, he just heads for the back door and asks to be let out.

Dusty sleeps on the end of the bed. She takes up a lot of it and if my husband gets up during the night, she quickly moves into his warm spot and doesn't give it up easily.

I never wanted dogs in the bedroom and until we got Benson, dogs slept in the laundry.

Timmy was to be outdoors when we weren't home and sleep in his crate in the loungeroom .... we lasted about three days on both rules. :D

DSCF2698.jpg

That photo is worth a million bucks, :D Thank you for posting it, LDR :laugh:

Our tibbie girls sleep in medium-sized soft carry crates in the bedroom. With a soft pillow inside & pillow cases that get changed every few days.

They love these soft crates as their special place for napping, too.

It's so convenient if they have to be looked after in-home, if we're away. They have their bedtime routine down pat. They take themselves to bed in their soft crates.

Also we tibbie owners often look after each other dogs (easiest job in the world!). The visiting tibbies bring their soft crates with them, so they have their familiar 'bedroom'. One owner told me that as soon as her tib spotted me coming up the path to collect her, that girl would automatically step inside her 'mobile home'.

Another reason my tibs don't sleep on the bed, is because they have long backs & shorter legs. I don't want them injuring their backs by rolling off onto the floor, during the night.

Hubby was bought up to believe that dogs do not go in the house fullstop and I was brought up the opposite.. so we compromised and one of the rules was Winnie could come inside but strictly no beds. I was happy to go along with this as the beds are the cats domain anyway and I did not want them to feel they had been shoved aside. Another rule was no couch either but Winnie won that one :laugh:

Smooch sleeps in bed with me cuddled up to my sore back, (no OH to worry about), but in saying that it does create a lot of work, the sheets are washed every second day. Smooch is bathed twice a week sometimes more with hair conditioner. My mattress has a mattress protector, lambswool cover, one of those foam bubble thingies, electric blanked and another lambswool cover on it. Even with all these on the bed I find that some of the dog hair works its way through to the mattress. I run the vacuum cleaner over the top layer at least once a month and pull the whole thing apart at least twice a year.