Yoghurt Plus

Just wondering if anyone has tried that new brand of dog kibble, 'Yoghurt Plus'? It is available in coles stores.

Here is the link to the website and info:

http://www.yoghurtplus.com.au/index.php

Or if you haven't tried it, what do you think of it?

Here are the ingredients for one of their products.

Yoghurt Plus Chicken, Rice & Vegetable

An irresistible combination of fresh succulent chicken, rice and vegetables. Developed to give your pet a complete and balanced feed, with all the benefits of the Yoghurt Plus patented formula and maximum palatability.

Guaranteed Analysis - Crude Protein 26%, Crude Fat 12%, Crude Fibre 4%, Omega 6 1.95%, Omega 3 0.25%.

Ingredients - Poultry & beef meat meals, wheat, srghum, corn, oats, vegetables, rice, wheat gluten, animal fats, from poultry and beef, vegetable oil, fish meal, field peas, di-calcium phosphate, choline chloride, natural preservative, brewers yeast, sea salt, glucosamine, flaxseed oil, calcium, tallow, potassium chloride, garlic, kelp, soya meal, selenium, antioxidants, essential vitamins and minerals ( E, A, B12, D3 ), Probiotics Lactobacillus and Bifida Bacterium ( Yoghurt ). Contains no artificial flavours.

Hell of a lot of fillers listed in there, quite high up too. Plus, if they're saying it's 'a succulent combination of chicken ...', why have they also listed beef meal? I dunno, haven't tried it and probably wouldn't.

Sounds like a gimmick to me.

Fresh food with fresh yoghurt is gonna be a better idea isn't it? :mad

ETA I love how it describes it as a combination of chicken, rice and vegetables etc and when you look at the ingredients list it contains FOUR grains in higher proportions than rice. :eek:

Edited by blacklabrador

I saw the owner of the company being interviewed on t.v and thought I would try it.

Not overly impressed - I didn`t like the smell of it and my dogs weren`t overly impressed either - and then read the ingredients and didn`t like how much was fillers. It was okay and would use it again in an emergency but have decided to stick with what has worked for me before.

• 2 months later...

I think this is the food my parents put our staffy on a couple of weeks ago now, she has it once a day and I believe it made a big difference. It took her a little longer than normal to start smelling from being outside and her coat seems a lot shinier/healthier.

As for her liking it haha, well she'll eat just about any food you throw at her :crossfingers:

Its a stupid gimmick in my opinion. Why not just feed a high quality kibble and put fresh real yoghurt on top?

And benefits from yoghurt surely would be lost when it is dehydrated into kibble form.

If you've got the time as opposed to this fresh meat and fresh yoghurt will be better.

I am a fan of artemis though, have had the best coats, minimal stools and the most energy out of any food I have tried

Sounds like a gimmick to me.

Fresh food with fresh yoghurt is gonna be a better idea isn't it? :rasberry:

A bit like what I saw in the supermarket the other day - little sachets of fish (mackeral, sardines, tuna, etc) that you can add to your dogs food. About half the size of a standard tin of sardines for only double the price :crossfingers:

Why would you give dogs yoghurt? Marketing. Dogs dont have a system like ours and yoghurt if anything is a treat its not a gut thing

Pro-biotics, calcium.. Natural fresh yogurt is a good, healthy, nutritional food when given in moderation.

I just make natural yoghurt for my dogs and add it to their kibble and meat. I wouldnt bother trying this food as I am happy with how my dogs are doing on what I feed now and how I feed

• 1 month later...

My little Yorkie is one fussy eater. But he seems to love that stuff! :rofl: Even the cats get right into it. But I combine it with 2 other kibbles. And Pepper gets fresh raw food in the morning and evening, too. He eats kibble as a snack during the day.

I hve to agree with those who think its a gimick. The amount of yoghurt is minimal and probiotics would be distroyed in the cooking process. A dollop of fresh yought on good quality dry is what I use.

Also Fish For Dogs is in the shops now.. contains Chicken..

I have a dog with huge allergies on fish based diet. I had a look at buying fish for Dogs as a change from sardines but as it contains Chicken, I cant feed it. Did find some great dried fish slices in the dog treats today and the dogs loved them