Shedding Dogs And Vacumes

kchogan

Wertheim with turbo head, gets the dog hair up really well.

I second this.

best vaccuum cleaner I have EVER had in my life. And it's virtually indestructible.

In the demo the man in the shop must have been about 100kg's and we pulled him around the shop while he was sitting on it by the tuby thing at the front to prove how togh it is.

I absolutely love it.

My mum has an expensive miele and mine runs ringr around it.

not that mine was cheap, but it's worth every penny.

PS: I have JRT's so short stubby hair, a long haired cat, so long clingy hair and a Blue Heller, so course double coat, and it picks ALL of them up beautifully off all surfaces including the fabric on the couch.

I have a Dyson and Pugs. Pugs are notorious for shedding. The Dyson works well.

Another vote for the dyson here.

I used to spend an hour vacuuming our living area after we got Jager. With the dyson it takes 10 minutes. Super easy to empty. I even managed to get my boyfriend to use it cause it was so great! And he hates vacuuming.

I used to spend an hour vacuuming our living area after we got Jager. With the dyson it takes 10 minutes. Super easy to empty. I even managed to get my boyfriend to use it cause it was so great! And he hates vacuuming.

I love that OH will willingly vacuum with the Dyson. Boys like to see all the disgusting dirt coming out of the carpet :clap:

Dyson here as well, love it love it love it, the fur at our house ranges from fluffy black undercoat to long wispy white topcoat and it picks it all up no worries.

We use a Dyson which is very effective, particularly on floor boards and tiled areas. It is also great on carpet with the turbo head, but my favourite tool for picking up hair off the carpet before vacuuming is this brass comb. It is very effective at collecting the hair and makes the vacuuming much easier. I cant speak highly enough about how effective it is. I bought it from a pet show but have found them online here...you may be able to find them on other sites as well.

http://www.fabriccare.com.au/cart.php?targ...;category_id=65

Don't have a Dyson but have a bagless Wertheim with a power head - brilliant on carpet! Brushes the dog hairs straight off it. Will never get a vacuum without a powerhead again, had to use my SIL's cheapie the other day and it was so ineffective it was frustrating :clap:

I've owned a Dyson for years and keep two (soon three) Cavs in the house. We have mostly polished boards now but the Dyson is great on all surfaces.

The only problem with the newer Dysons today is they are made in China and parts are supposedly (according to a salesman) not of the same quality as the original ones.

If you are on a budget I might suggest the Russell Hobbs "All floors" extreme suction Hepa cyclonic from "Target". I bought one yesterday as my Dyson died ;) and while I'm hoping to get it fixed have not bought another yet in case the old one is repairable still. It has (the Russell Hobbs) a 2200 watt motor and is also cyclonic so "YAH no bags!!! :clap: It was only $159.00 and it sucks...in a good way. :)

If anyone is interested in a new vacuum cleaner, I have a brand new (well I used it once) Wertheim X500 (top of the range) I am wanting to sell.... Me being me and set in my ways, I am still using my upright vacuum cleaner that I like with the bag... The hose on the Wertheim is too long for me and I kept getting caught up. LOL.

This cleaner has power head, normal floor tool and small tools, bagless, hepa filter and I paid $1199.00 for it... Willing to take $300.00 or so off it... Still under warranty and Wertheim has a lifetime of free services on their vacuum cleaners.....

Here is a picture of it....

Wert_X5000_Hero_239_MAIN.jpg

Dyson here. DC19. I loved mine. What a great little sucker he was.

When I have a house again I'm going to get another one. Bit of a worry about the parts not being as good as they were.

And the only way to buy one is when the sales are on. :(

We have a Dyson and I don't find it that great on the carpet. It is a DC08 with a turbine head.

And my old Pullman does a much better job of pulling dog hair out the carpet. We have a project house so the carpet is cheap and really flat, if that makes sense.

I also find the nozzle on the Dyson really irritating - too thick to get under and into gaps.

The Miele Cat & Dog with the turbo head is fantastic...well made and cleans our old carpet and floorboards really well (don't use the turbo head on floorboards though, there is normal vacuum head for that). I think it even has a charcoal filter for odours too.

I'm very happy with it...and I used to really want to buy a dyson, but they looked so flimsy and crap at the shop that it put me off!

Edited by fainty_girl

The Miele Cat & Dog with the turbo head is fantastic...well made and cleans our old carpet and floorboards really well (don't use the turbo head on floorboards though, there is normal vacuum head for that). I think it even has a charcoal filter for odours too.

I'm very happy with it...and I used to really want to buy a dyson, but they looked so flimsy and crap at the shop that it put me off!

I looked at the "cat & dog" vacuum and the only difference between it and any other is the charcoal filter for 'odours'.

The off putting side was I'd be replacing bags on a far too regular basis! It'd cost me a fortune in bags. It's got to be bagless for me.

I looked at the "cat & dog" vacuum and the only difference between it and any other is the charcoal filter for 'odours'.

The off putting side was I'd be replacing bags on a far too regular basis! It'd cost me a fortune in bags. It's got to be bagless for me.

The bags actually hold a lot and they are also well made (not just some crappy paper bag)...I bought a box of them (either 4 or 5) for $20.

The bags actually hold a lot and they are also well made (not just some crappy paper bag)...I bought a box of them (either 4 or 5) for $20.

I have the Miele vacuum too, and I bought an attachment in which the dirt and dust is collected before it goes into the bag, the only time the dust goes into the bag is if you disconnect the wand to do skirtings etc with the hose .

It is simple to empty, just a clear cylinder, when I bought my vac the store recommended this attachment and put it on for me.

Its great, my bag lasted 12 months.

Hi, I found out from the repair shop that my Wertheim is not repairable (motor died :p ) so I’m serious about getting a replacement now. I'm not that happy with the new Wertheims for the price. Some of the design seems a bit week to me. Also the new ones seem to have a very high pitched noise. I get tinnitus so that puts me off a bit. I noticed today that the Dysons are a little less noisy that way.

Just wondering with the Dysons when people say turbo head do you mean turbine, ie the air driven, or the motorised one? The repair shop man was telling me the air driven is better and that most brands are moving over to that design now as they tend to break down less being simpler they have tend to develop less electical faults etc. It's also better on the motor, he said.

The Wertheim was very good at picking up the dog hair but the problem is I cannot test the Dyson on my carpets. In the shop you only have the mats they provide. I am just concerned that if I spend that much money I might find out it isn't going to do the job as good as I was used to. The motorised head one is also nearly $300 more than the turbine air driven one I could get on special atm. Then there are a lot of cheaper replicas in the shops now as well. Decisions!

Edited by LabTested