How Does Your Dog Make You Feel?

ILK

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine make my heart swell when I look at their faces and realise how much I love them. They make me feel happy and appreciated and they make me laugh even when I'm an absolute grump. They make me wish I was as carefree as them. They amaze me in their ability to be so expressive and communicative. I love how they speak to you in their own way and let you know what they need, and how forgiving they are when you might lash out on them on a bad day. All in all, they make my life better :thumbsup: I don't know what I'd do if they weren't around.

You said that so much better than I could iltby. Lovely post.

I don't have children either Puppy Sniffer and yes I'm sure it's different with kids. I'm grateful for Edward being in my life too, he is so very important to me.

I love his welcome when I get home even if I've only been gone 5 mins and I love the way he backs up to me when I'm sitting down so I can reach just the right 'spots' to scratch and yes I love the way he makes me feel young when I'm running around the garden or playing hide and seek in the wardrobe :D

We could be at the coolest bar or the best party and I still cant wait to get home to see the dogs :D

They're so unconditionally loyal and never get grumpy or have a bad day, they're the eternal optimists, I think that's why they have such a physical and psychological calming effect on their owners :rofl:

I love my doggies :thumbsup:

Alive .. when times in life are uncertain, when people let me down, when I doubt myself, when I feel unsure of the world around me and I feel like I have lost my way, just one look into that beautiful little face reminds me that I am her world and that I am doing something right :D

my dog ,

a staffordshire bull terrier , about 10 ? he was a rescue boy from a dog horder , he was in a pen with about 20 other dogs, were he had to fight for a feed , his favorite thing is eating ,lol

he is a ripper of a dog , is great with everyone , never wants to fight other dogs , has 100 % recall , a all round great dog,

i still to this day cant work out why someone would dump him ?

how does he make me feel , ? great , :eek: , he is allways happy to see me after a crappy day at work, and he is a great exercise partner ,

and my best mate ,

I so agree. My two oldest children are married and have children of their own. One lives too far away to get visits often, the other lives 20 minutes away and I hardly ever see them except when I go there ;)

My last two remaining children are 13 and 20. Both still at home. They are two fighting cats most of the time and are always screaming at each other for something :o

My OH has just retired, so I'm not sure how I feel about having him underfoot 24/7 :eek:

But I can sit in my recliner, pick up Zoe and have her snuggle into me and fall asleep or try and lick me to death. It makes all the worries and upsets float away to have her there. If Zoe wasn't here I think I'd have run away by now....and joined the circus :cry:

BF

Right now all of them are my saviours, when times get tough and you look in to those eyes and see unconditional love you know it's all worthwhile. I couldn't live without them and as we don't have children each and every one of them are a real part of our family.

Fact is though, I don't and won't have children so my dogs ARE my children, only people who are in the same position could understand that

No kids in this family. A matter of choice :o

Da Babes, make us happy. They make us smile each morning with their expectation that it's going to be the "bestest day ever" (we do our darnest to make it so :eek:)

Edited by Anna

we have one dog here

he is absolutely mine

he is beautiful

regal

takes my breath away

when i wrap my arms around him....i just feel locked in with him....just feeling his heart beating makes me feel...dont know...surreal? somewhere other than here

no matter what happens in my life...this boy is my one connection to this life...through thick and thin

i love him more than he loves me

i give him more than he gives me

and thats the beauty of it

we have one dog here

he is absolutely mine

he is beautiful

regal

takes my breath away

when i wrap my arms around him....i just feel locked in with him....just feeling his heart beating makes me feel...dont know...surreal? somewhere other than here

no matter what happens in my life...this boy is my one connection to this life...through thick and thin

i love him more than he loves me

i give him more than he gives me

and thats the beauty of it

Oh my percyk, that is beautiful :laugh:

Guest belgian.blue

My dogs make me feel whole.

Having Badger around has made Ivy A LOT more attentive to me, which gives me a warm mushy feeling as lately I'm feeling awfully lonely and out of place.

Seeing Badg with my Mum yesterday, he wouldn't let her cuddle him .. come cuddle time with me and he's a little baby! The bond between my two furkids is as strong as I have ever felt on my entire life :laugh:

My dogs are my life.

Well I've 3 kids 7-3 was planning on more but epilepsy stopped that got it when my yougest was 7 months old meds make it unsafe to have more so I got my staffy we have a different bond she's a 4th kid but no whinging, cuddles when i need it without me asking she just knows. if I'm not out of bed at my regular time she's in there with me :laugh: checking why. If one of my kids are sad or hurt she's making them happy.

We have 3 boys one almost 12,10 and almost 8 year old. We also have 1 Schnauzer boy and I use to have my beautiful baby Yorkie but she is missing (someone has her or she is dead). I remember looking at her and knowing that she knew how much I loved her. I was hers and she was mine. I love my human children dearly but the love that you can have with a dog comes close to me.

I can't really find words on how Lottie makes me feel....

She makes me feel complete....

She makes me feel like i'm the only person in the world, i'm her all and she's my heart.....

I feel soooo sad when I think about the day she's no longer with me.....

Right at this moment we're lying on the loungeroom floor watching movies and every possible part of her is touching me....

They expect so little, yet give so much...

I wish everyone could experience the love that a dog has to give....

Lottie is my Life, and the best thing to have happened to me in a long time :laugh:

I love my beautiful OH and family & friends very much but it's different love with my dogs.

I am grateful every day that I get to spend with them. They make me laugh and provide me with such love.It's a bond that is so hard to make non-dog people understand.It does not in anyway threaten my love for my humans it's just a very unique type of love.Hard to put into words.

I cannot put into words all that they mean to me.I am often at my happiest when lying snuggling with my pack or watching a dvd or reading.I love watching them play in the yard or enjoying the sun or doing zoomies.

My girl Rox is always near by-we have had some challenging times,even with her training& behavioural issues.We worked hard together & I think it made us further bonded.

She is the most loyal and soulful dog.She makes me a better person.She looks at you like she would do anything in the world for you-she has a lot of heart. :laugh:

Last year a very close friend killed herself & my mother died.

The dogs helped me keep going and get out of bed- I had to for them.They were also comforting in my time of sadness and great to hug and just sit with.They didn't expect anything in return. They also helped me smile and appreciate life.The excitement and contentment they have is admirable. They are natural loving clowns.

I adore my dogs.They have taught me so much and continue to do so. Even though they are all rescues- I consider myself the lucky one ;)

Edited by MelissaS

A sense of family.

Charlie made the boyfriend and I closer and we were a tight knit family. Emmy came into the picture and cemented the family, bringing us the extra joy and energy into the family that we needed (but not realise how much!)