Dont You Hate It

Nekhbet

I agree with you on federico moravia heart. He is stunning to look at. I am counting the days until my Dobe is born :thumbsup: - the mating well went, apparently. Did you see the pics of the Dobes at the RSPCA Million Paws Walk? http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3878...;id=23146549325

*sigh*...only approx 122 days to go :thanks:

edit to remove pic

Edited by jadesamara

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you on federico moravia heart. He is stunning to look at. I am counting the days until my Dobe is born :thumbsup: - the mating well went, apparently. Did you see the pics of the Dobes at the RSPCA Million Paws Walk? http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3878...;id=23146549325

*sigh*...only approx 122 days to go :thanks:

edit to remove pic

omg your so lucky :laugh: I cant afford to yet (jobless) but once everything is sorted I hope to one day get a puppy from federico or garrison.

Edited by kyliegirl

if you do I'll love you forever dead sheep :thumbsup:

He fits within the breed standard ... couldnt have won 4 BOBs if he didnt. Remember a well muscled dog will have a decent chest on it as well. I'm one for dogs looking like dogs, not blurring the line between dog and bitch. OK he's a bit heavier set then a lot of dobies but I like him. Standard even says forechest well developed ... and dogs that have especially done some work will also be wider.

Body

Square, height measured vertically from ground to highest point at withers equal to length from forechest to rear projection of upper thigh. Forechest well developed. Back short and firm, with strong, straight topline sloping slightly from withers to croup; bitches may be slightly longer to loin. Ribs deep and well sprung, reaching to elbow. Belly fairly well tucked-up. Long, weak, or roach backs highly undesirable.

and from the FCI

ENERAL APPEARANCE : The Dobermann is of medium size, strong and muscularly built. Through the elegant lines of its body, its proud stature, and its expression of determination, it conforms to the ideal picture of dog.

IMPORTANT PROPORTIONS : The body of the Dobermann appears to be almost square, particularly in males. The length of the body measured from the point of the shoulder to the point of the buttock shall not be more than 5% longer than the height from the withers to the ground in males, and 10% in females.

BODY :

Withers : Shall be pronounced in height and length, especially in males and thereby determine the slope of the topline rising from the croup to the withers.

Back : Short and tight, of good width and well muscled.

Loin : Of good width and well muscled. The bitch can be slightly longer in loin because she requires space for suckling.

Croup : It shall fall slightly, hardly perceptible from sacrum to the root of the tail, and appears well rounded, being neither straight nor noticeably sloping, of good width and well muscled.

Chest : Length and depth of chest must be in the right proportion to the body length. The depth with slightly arched ribs should be approximately 50% the height of the dog at the withers. The chest has got a good width with especially well developed forechest.

Underline and Belly : From the bottom of the breastbone to the pelvis the underline is noticeably tucked up.

Federico is a lovely type of Dobe! If I ignore his ears, I dislike the look of cropped ears on Dobes I prefer their ears a la natural :thanks: Unforutunately I have to agree that the initial Dobe isn't my cup of tea but if everyone preferred the same thing we wouldn't have so many different types of dogs :thumbsup:

And yes, I have seen dogs that I would love to jump on a plane and smuggle back to Australia!

Thanks for that Nek. Are there dobes as big as him in Aus? Did dobes start off looking like that and then we bred them smaller or is he just a one off big boy? Sorry for the questions love learning about breeds.

they didnt always have big chests

here is some photos of dobermanns in WWII, in all these pics its clear the chest was not protruding out like they do in many dobes today.

War_Dog_Bougainville.jpg

War_Dog_Okinawa.jpg

wdskip72Doberman_Marine_War_Dog_Butch_Guam_Grave_WWII_Photo.jpg

same as in this video the history photos the dobermanns chest was quite normal and was near in line with the shoulders at the front.

Edited by kyliegirl

I still think his chest is odd. Or is that how they breed them these days?

I was just looking a Xolos. Would love to meet some. Anyone in Brisbane got some and willing to show them off? :)

Hey Noisymina - Wazzat Xolo is the only person in Australia who owns Xolos... unfortunately for you she is in WA!

However, I believe that she plans to send them around the country to be shown and I am fairly sure she mentioned something about the Ekka perhaps atlhough I could be mixing her up with someone else...

I still think his chest is odd. Or is that how they breed them these days?

I was just looking a Xolos. Would love to meet some. Anyone in Brisbane got some and willing to show them off? :laugh:

Hey Noisymina - Wazzat Xolo is the only person in Australia who owns Xolos... unfortunately for you she is in WA!

However, I believe that she plans to send them around the country to be shown and I am fairly sure she mentioned something about the Ekka perhaps atlhough I could be mixing her up with someone else...

Thank you Sparky.

I had no idea she was the ONLY one! :)

I'm patient. Will keep an eye out for any news! :love:

Umm.....could be a bit expensive. *goes to look at budget*

The dobermann front is supposed to have a 90 degree angle and they are supposed to have prosternum and forechest. Just because you don't see many of them doesn't mean they aren't correct.

This dog isn't for me - he is way too heavy, short on leg and isn't balanced enough for me and his head is too heavy and jowly - :) the brown one though.

You are all so knowledgeable and I totally respect your opinions.

All I know is letting me loose at a dog show is like letting a kid loose in a candy store. No matter what dogs I have I always see at least three other breeds to add to my *One Day* list!

when you see a dog for sale that you REALLY want and you cant have it :rofl:

off to have a sooky sooky la la

Cavali-sit.jpg

http://www.cobrakennel.com/

anyone going to europe wanna fly him back for me ... call it an early xmas present :rofl:

PWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!

who else has eye candy!

Haven't been on those overseas working dog sites have you Nekhbet............the ones that have videos of their routines and you can physically work the dog before you buy it :):)

It's all just too hard.

I think the next one on my list will be a Chihuahua (or two).

Let's face it, I could feed lots of Chi's with the same I feed a Dobe! :)

I've just found these wonderful Chi/Dobe videos on U-tube.

This dog isn't for me - he is way too heavy, short on leg and isn't balanced enough for me and his head is too heavy and jowly - :) the brown one though.

Absolutely agree!

The first looks untidy to me and as though he's hit the roids, the second looks very clean and sexy. All Dobes should look sexy IMO, they're a classy dog. :)

Absolutely agree!

The first looks untidy to me and as though he's hit the roids, the second looks very clean and sexy. All Dobes should look sexy IMO, they're a classy dog. :)

Got to agree,I prefer the less extreme older types myself. (Steroids were my thought too)