Shame On 3aw Breakfast Presents At 5.40am

GSDowner

One of the presented said that while he was travelling in China,

he was advised by his driver that road signs (K2) inform of restaurants where one can get young dogs. This presenter found it amusing.

Then both of them laughingly discussed the topic and that they wouldn's mind eating a dog, as long as it was presented as a stew. Then they went on to talk about some dog meals where you can clearly see that a meal is half a dog, with his head etc.

I am disgusted with these guys and from now on won't be listening to their blabbering.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it's a disturbing and unlovely topic.

However, how many of us have ever been literally starving? Why are we not equally repulsed by those in Europe who eat horse-flesh?

We all adore our dogs, but this doesn't mean that whole world does, too.

Being strictly logical, why is it worse to eat a dog than, say, a little lamb? or a milk-fed tiny calf which is sold as veal?

Cultural differences are just that: the best that we can do is to try and ensure that all animals are well-kept and killed as humanely as possible.

My dogs are very special and important to me. My family's farm animals are to them, too, but many are still sent to the abattoir for us all to eat.

However, how many of us have ever been literally starving? Why are we not equally repulsed by those in Europe who eat horse-flesh?

Being strictly logical, why is it worse to eat a dog than, say, a little lamb? or a milk-fed tiny calf which is sold as veal?

Cultural differences are just that: the best that we can do is to try and ensure that all animals are well-kept and killed as humanely as possible.

My dogs are very special and important to me. My family's farm animals are to them, too, but many are still sent to the abattoir for us all to eat.

that is certainly the reality of life, there are cultural differences...well said!

This.

Unless one is a vegetarian, you don't really have a leg to stand upon.

Well said.

Also what about Pork? Some studies show that Pigs are maybe just as intelligent as dogs, if not more intelligent!

http://www.rps.psu.edu/probing/pigs.html

Still wouldn't find me eating dog or cat though.

This.

Unless one is a vegetarian, you don't really have a leg to stand upon.

:laugh::laugh:

It's not so much that dogs are eaten but that they are tortured before dying.

They suffer a horrific death and pain inflicting is deliberate. The belief of their oppressors is that the more they suffer the tastier their meat would be.

and it is a well-known fact; therefore I am appauled that

the topic was discussed in such a lighthearted manner by the 2 presenters.

They suffer a horrific death and pain inflicting is deliberate. The belief of their oppressors is that the more they suffer the tastier their meat would be.

the topic was discussed in such a lighthearted man

Even though my Western sensibilities lend me to feeling ill and disgusted at the thought of people eating creatures that I have and consider to be members of my family, I am aware of the hypocracy. Fact is we are all hypocrites in one way or another.

I do see the so called logical side of the argument though (which is subjective anyway) but the suffering these animals go through to provide a meal is inhumane to say the least.

Absolute W@^%ers making a joke out of it.

Do people really think that what those dogs go through is worse than what our factory farmed animals go through in this very country???

Both cases are despicable but everyone should understand that the animal on their plate went through immense sickness, pain, suffering and torture before it got there.

The fact of the matter is that in AUSTRALIA it is NOT customary to eat dog and these radio announcers would be only too aware of this and are showing total disrespect to the AUSTRALIAN community. Dogs here in this country are regarded as pets so therefore to turn the subject into a culinary delight and to top it all off LAUGH at this is absolutely OBNOXIOUS!

HOPE those two announcers end up with diarrhea for a week or two. :thumbsup:

ANOTHER thing - China is well known to be one of the most cruelest nations in the entire globe! If they are so famished that they need to resort to eating dog meat (which, by the way....is actually considered a delicacy and served in 4 star restaurants) then by all means go ahead (I am saying this in order to stop some of you babbling on about how we eat lamb, calf, etc)...BUT there is no excuse to enforce such agonising pain on an animal in the STUPID belief that the more it suffers the better its meat will taste and that it will add to one's virility. Are you not aware that in China no living being escapes them....everything seems to be turned into a powder, paste, etc. Chimpanzees tied to a chair and having their scalp carved open whilst they delve into the poor animal's brain and proceed to eat it whilst it is still alive! The moral of the story is that these announces have a gaul to turn such a subject into a laughing matter!

Edited by GardenofEden

Do people really think that what those dogs go through is worse than what our factory farmed animals go through in this very country???

Both cases are despicable but everyone should understand that the animal on their plate went through immense sickness, pain, suffering and torture before it got there.

That is utter nonsense. Don't even begin comparing the way our animals end up on our plate to the way that animals end up on the Chinaman's plate! There is no comparison. We do NOT set out to INTENTIONALLY cause agonising pain due to unfounded beliefs. We do NOT skin animals whilst still alive. Make all the excuses you want but in the end it is just a load of baloney.

the topic was discussed in such a lighthearted manner by the 2 presenters.

EXACTLY

I find it even more distasteful that posters here can find it in themselves to make excuses for the Chinese! IT is just pathetic to highlight the point that we also eat meat...blah blah blah. Yes we eat meat but we do not, thank God, adopt such atrocious ways to go about it!

That is utter nonsense. Don't even begin comparing the way our animals end up on our plate to the way that animals end up on the Chinaman's plate! There is no comparison. We do NOT set out to INTENTIONALLY cause agonising pain due to unfounded beliefs. We do NOT skin animals whilst still alive. Make all the excuses you want but in the end it is just a load of baloney.

I agree with GardenofEden.

We don't deliberately skin alive, boil alive, beat with clubs, hack limbs off whilst alive.

I'll agree that there's no guarantee that every single animal slaughtered in Australia did not suffer to some extent, that's why I'm a vegetarian, but comparing us to the Chinese and their barbarian ways, is obsurd.

I think a few of you need to go and work in a slaughterhouse.

You do realise that baby chickens are thrown into blenders because they're males?

Sometimes hens are thrown into a pot of boiling water before they're dead.

The conditions chickens are kept in are absolutely filthy and inhumane.

Animals are "stunned" which doesn't always work as well as it should meaning they die a slow and aginising death. Not to mention the terror they must go through whilst being brought into a place where thousands of other animals before them have been mutilated and left to bleed out.

But hey, as long as we don't eat dogs that's all tickety-boo :thumbsup::)

You do realise that baby chickens are thrown into blenders because they're males?

Animals are "stunned" which doesn't always work as well as it should meaning they die a slow and aginising death. Not to mention the terror they must go through whilst being brought into a place where thousands of other animals before them have been mutilated and left to bleed out.

But hey, as long as we don't eat dogs that's all tickety-boo :thumbsup::)

I think everyone should have to spend a day as an observer in a slaughterhouse. I've always thought this. People say they don't want to see what happens. Everyone should know where the meat comes from, how the animal is treated and transported right up until they're dead.

It's not uncommon for the skinning process to start whilst the animal is alive, and as you said chickens being boiled. This happens with pigs too.

The other day I saw a sheep with both hind legs stuck out of the truck. Imagine every bump for the next possible 12 hrs would be agony for that animal. I reckon it would be worn down to bone by the time he got to his destination. :laugh:

QUOTE (Aussie3 @ 30th May 2010 - 01:31 PM)

But hey, as long as we don't eat dogs that's all tickety-boo

Sorry but that doesn't mean we are not allowed to offer up our opinion. Do you think most people who find the cruel and torcherous slaughter of dogs unacceptable would find a cruel and torcherous slaughter of any animals ok?

If they were laughing on radio about male chicks being thrown in the blender do you not think people would find that disgusting also?

The world isn't tickety-boo, regardless, but if we all had to make sure we were thoroughly cleansed of hypocrasy and completely righteous before we were allowed to have an opinion and/or attempt to contribute in a positive way about something then it would be even less tickety-boo and nothing positive would be done... Good old paralysis by analysis!

Edited by corrie